San Mateo Phase 2++ @ Stonegate

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Curious to know if the broker's co-op are still available for San Mateo? 
Yes they are....it's a $13k flat amount.

Thanks!  I have a broker friend who would probably agree to give me the entire amount (or a most of it)...never signed in...so more money for us :)

Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Curious to know if the broker's co-op are still available for San Mateo? 
Yes they are....it's a $13k flat amount.

Thanks!  I have a broker friend who would probably agree to give me the entire amount (or a most of it)...never signed in...so more money for us :)
IPac does not allow the agent to rebate any portion of the credit through escrow but you guys can settle up once escrow closes.  TIC is already making enough money so get your fair share. 

Tim Lou has his own company now and he did mention TalkIrvine for his reviews. I used his old company and the result is somewhat mixed. Not sure about Tim Lou's own company....

USCTrojanCPA said:
lilgophee said:
My husband is in love with plantation shutters.  He claims that it's a must have.  He asked for the price sheet so he can use it at the next appointment.  Then we went back to the models to decide what window should have it.  He says windows were slightly higher in price than what Lowe's offered.
The company below will crush any price you can get from Lowes or Home Depot for plantation shutter:

Express Blinds. The sales rep's name is Tim Lou. His cell # 951-515-1031. They also have a website:http://expressblindsinc.com/

He has done my shutters and over 10 of my buyer's shutter.  His prices are very low but high quality and service is great.  Shutters are made to order and take 4-5 weeks.  Let him know Martin sent you.

The Motor Court Company said:
Tim Lou has his own company now and he did mention TalkIrvine for his reviews. I used his old company and the result is somewhat mixed. Not sure about Tim Lou's own company....

USCTrojanCPA said:
lilgophee said:
My husband is in love with plantation shutters.  He claims that it's a must have.  He asked for the price sheet so he can use it at the next appointment.  Then we went back to the models to decide what window should have it.  He says windows were slightly higher in price than what Lowe's offered.
The company below will crush any price you can get from Lowes or Home Depot for plantation shutter:

Express Blinds. The sales rep's name is Tim Lou. His cell # 951-515-1031. They also have a website:http://expressblindsinc.com/

He has done my shutters and over 10 of my buyer's shutter.  His prices are very low but high quality and service is great.  Shutters are made to order and take 4-5 weeks.  Let him know Martin sent you.
Oh, I had no idea....haven't talked to him in a while.  Sorry to hear that your results were as positive as many others.  Hopefully now that he has is own company the service will be very consistent.  I'll have to give him a call to catch up....we were talking about going to play poker one of these days.

Seems their prices are going up with every couple of phases released.
Wonder if this is just with San Mateo phase II or the housing market is on a rebound(specifically in irvine). Thoughts ??

It is my guess that they raise the prices on every phase to get buyers to buy ASAP and really deter them from waiting for the next phase or waiting for other homes on the market to open up.  IMO opinion it has nothing to do with the market. Look at LA San Remo tract...phases are so slow selling and they still raise the prices every phase.

If you think about it...imagine yourself wanting to buy and you knew every phase you wait the price jumps 2-4K.  I know to some of you "cash buyers" 2-4K seems like chump change but to us bottom feeders that's a lot to swallow to just wait for the next phase.

dnation said:
It is my guess that they raise the prices on every phase to get buyers to buy ASAP and really deter them from waiting for the next phase or waiting for other homes on the market to open up.  IMO opinion it has nothing to do with the market. Look at LA San Remo tract...phases are so slow selling and they still raise the prices every phase.

If you think about it...imagine yourself wanting to buy and you knew every phase you wait the price jumps 2-4K.  I know to some of you "cash buyers" 2-4K seems like chump change but to us bottom feeders that's a lot to swallow to just wait for the next phase.

I doubt their prices will go up by much...I have seen $618K for the last 3 to 4 phases.  I think San Mateo going to sell really slow the next few weeks.  People are going to wait to check out Saratoga.  The Plan 1 is about $50K more but 100 sq. ft bigger, extra downstairs bedroom, and a SFR. 

No I think the reason will be jamboreedude's Asian gangs are boycotting Stonegate

Irvinecommuter said:
dnation said:

I doubt their prices will go up by much...I have seen $618K for the last 3 to 4 phases.  I think San Mateo going to sell really slow the next few weeks.  People are going to wait to check out Saratoga.  The Plan 1 is about $50K more but 100 sq. ft bigger, extra downstairs bedroom, and a SFR.

Is San Mateo the new normal? it looks like it outsells the sister product Sienna by quite a lot. I mean starter detached homes with tiny backyard and no driveways?

Do Asian people shy away from Sienna because it is too close to the 405 that they mistakenly think it is for low income housing?

irvine123searching said:
Phrase 10 was released.

Is San Mateo the new normal? it looks like it outsells the sister product Sienna by quite a lot. I mean starter detached homes with tiny backyard and no driveways?

Do Asian people shy away from Sienna because it is too close to the 405 that they mistakenly think it is for low income housing?

irvine123searching said:
Phrase 10 was released.

rofl... u got some major unresolved issues dude...

dnation said:

no its not true recovery... just price adjustments cause of low inventory for new homes... i think san remo in LA was up 3k since july... coastal california and especially irvine isnt a good sample to draw from cause demand is so abnormal... new homes are just a subset of the overall housing market, until resale homes in cities were demand isnt so high show some solid numbers, i doubt true recovery is near... we still have to keep into account a EU thats falling apart and a contracting china that will continue to hinder true recovery...

or maybe these incremental price increases of .2-.3% is just to adjust for inflation cause the bernankes doesnt know anything else but to print more money haha

irvine123searching said:
Phrase 10 was released.

I don't know about other people but I don't care for Sienna because

1)  LA is too isolated for me.  Not really near anything.  Stonegate is next Woodbury, a couple of street up from Culver/Jamboree.

2)  There is no conservatory build out option at Sienna...That's is big minus for me.  Extra 200 Sq feet at $14,500...double that when you sell.

You do know there are HUD assisted homeowners right? If TIC opens up that option for HUD I am sure people will love to get subsidized so their kids can go to the best Irvine schools. Sienna and San Remo are slow movers and some help from the government may be what's needed to boast the sales.

world chaos said:

irvine123searching said:
Phrase 10 was released.

You do know there are HUD assisted homeowners right? If TIC opens up that option for HUD I am sure people will love to get subsidized so their kids can go to the best Irvine schools. Sienna and San Remo are slow movers and some help from the government may be what's needed to boast the sales.

world chaos said:

irvine123searching said:
Phrase 10 was released.

i rather slow sales then gov loan/assisted homeowner neighbors... i guess i been scared silly by seeing way too many ppl buying homes they cannot afford or putting all their eggs into one basket which also happens to be their primary residence... i learned how dangerous gov loan/assisted homeowners can devastate value in a community/condo complex the hard way here in los angeles because ppl majority of the ppl that take it tend to not have flexibility and are particularly vulnerable to the whims of the economy and entrenching themselves into the rate race for the next 20-30 years...  honestly gov loan/assisted homeowners just fuck things up for ppl who cannot afford homes in the first place, there is no better word to describe this then permanent-indentured-servitude...

ive also concluded that the only ppl that these programs DO help are ppl who DONT actually need it, but flip the paperwork, and somehow qualify for it... now these ppl are a whole different type of animal...

Back