Routers

It's funny... ZL has the longest distance from her main hub but the fastest combined speed, ps9 is the closest, but has the slowest combined speed.

The SpeedWave even has a special icon for ps9:
08-sm.png

irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
- lift master online
Hehe.

So your garage is the reason why you need so much bandwidth and electricity.

Someone has hacked you and is opening and closing your garage door every 5 minutes.

Was that a builder option?

haha if only someone hacked me ... that would make my life so much easier.

I upgraded all my garage features with keyless entry (via phone app) and keypad entry on my own.  Builder charged hundreds of dollars for it.  I did it all on my on for $50.  I also got an in-home light connected to it so whenever the garage door opens/closes the light turns on inside the house.  So if anyone hacks my garage door, I'll know because my light turns on.

Anyway, IP rep was very responsive and he thinks the wires criss-crossed and it sounds to him that I am paying for the whole damn street.  The builder electrician will be coming out sometime this week to check.  Now I just wonder if I'll get some money back from any of this.  So far I've paid $1000 in electric bills already and I only moved in middle of March.

ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
- lift master online
Hehe.

Someone has hacked you and is opening and closing your garage door every 5 minutes.

I upgraded all my garage features with keyless entry (via phone app) and keypad entry on my own.  Builder charged hundreds of dollars for it.  I did it all on my on for $50.  I also got an in-home light connected to it so whenever the garage door opens/closes the light turns on inside the house.  So if anyone hacks my garage door, I'll know because my light turns on.

Anyway, IP rep was very responsive and he thinks the wires criss-crossed and it sounds to him that I am paying for the whole damn street.  The builder electrician will be coming out sometime this week to check.  Now I just wonder if I'll get some money back from any of this.  So far I've paid $1000 in electric bills already and I only moved in middle of March.

What's the best way to get your garage door to open/close with an app?  Which product?

jmoney74 said:
What's the best way to get your garage door to open/close with an app?  Which product?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FT4N2M/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Liftmaster Gateway.  I paid $27 back in March.  Easiest setup ever.  Internet connection, download the app, and click on the program button on the Liftmaster control pad.  Done. 

Or your alternative: Pay Zerolot $300, which is hundreds of dollars cheaper than the builder, and I'll set it up to your system and your phone app.  I take cash or paypal.  Thank you.  All proceeds goes to the ZL electric bill fund.

We have the Liftmaster Gateway ..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FT4N2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Easy to install.. just connect to router and run a few steps ..  So far so good ..

So can you buy the Chamberlain add on and avoid paying any monthly service to the company to control the garage door from your phone? What app do you use? Thanks.

Saw this on Amazon. Is this part true?

Liftmaster is no longer charging an annual fee to use this device and app. I have this working on my Android, Apple, and Blackberry devices. This eliminates buying extra remote controls for your garage door opener. I'm now looking forward to adding the remote light switch devices to this internet gateway device.

ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
- lift master online
Hehe.

This is crazy! How great would it be if the criss crossed the wires for everyone on the street to the model home. The model home would run up all the costs and none would be the wiser!

Chairman said:

Liftmaster is no longer charging an annual fee to use this device and app. I have this working on my Android, Apple, and Blackberry devices. This eliminates buying extra remote controls for your garage door opener. I'm now looking forward to adding the remote light switch devices to this internet gateway device.

Yes.. this is correct.. you just need to download the MyQ app

GH said:
Chairman said:

Awesome! I know I steered away from this originally because they were charging a monthly fee or some bs. I see the site says no annual activation fee. I am assuming no monthly fees as well then.

ZL,

I know you were an early adopter of this. Were you paying any fees?

Thanks all. I might order one today!

Chairman said:
GH said:
Chairman said:

Awesome! I know I steered away from this originally because they were charging a monthly fee or some bs. I see the site says no annual activation fee. I am assuming no monthly fees as well then.

ZL,

I know you were an early adopter of this. Were you paying any fees?

Thanks all. I might order one today!

As much as I love home automation, I would NEVER pay a monthly fee to use one.  MyQ is free free free!  It prevents me from locking myself outside my house.  ;)

I plugged my router plus modem into a cyber supply ups from Costco.  I get an extra 91 minutes of internet activity should power goes out.

Costco is only $95 while Amazon charges close to $130 for same item.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
ps9 said:
Thinking of adding these powerline adapters for my entertainment center (TV, Xbox, PS4, etc.) downstairs. 
http://slickdeals.net/f/7177700-2x-...o-adapters-w-built-in-outlet-35-free-shipping

So plug one adapter into router, plug other into wall socket behind entertainment center.  Hook up a switch to the adapter.  Plug ethernet cables from TV, Blu-ray, consoles to switch.  Should be that easy no?

Yes. You can also put another router in access point mode instead of a switch if you want more wireless range.

ZeroLot said:
I plugged my router plus modem into a cyber supply ups from Costco.  I get an extra 91 minutes of internet activity should power goes out.

Costco is only $95 while Amazon charges close to $130 for same item.

That's good to have except that's more "energy" that you pay for.  ;)

Back