Retail Openings and Closures

Finally had this at the Walnut/Culver location. It was expensive... And I only got the 2-pack combo.

Salsa was good but the size of the taquitos was small for the price.

Noticed the Omomo's was really crowded (assuming because the other location closed).

Also there was a Dolan's open next to Stacks. Never had Uyghur food before. Any recs?
I also noticed the Dolan's last time I was in line for Omomo. Checked it on Yelp! and the reviews were good but visually to me the food looked awful and the portions were small. Maybe the owner got all his friends to give him 5 stars or something. If I'm going to eat a $100+ meal with my family, I'm sticking to DimSum or K-BBQ.

Pick Up Stix in that center on Alton and Jeffrey closed... I think that's been there for decades.

I guess end of year is when TIC ends leases.

Pick Up Stix in that center on Alton and Jeffrey closed... I think that's been there for decades.

I like Pick Up Stix, but my family hates it. Hopefully the one in Foothill Ranch will remain.

House Special Beef with Brown Rice is like crack.

The one on Main and Harvard is still there. Also I think the one up by Tustin Marketplace (Ralph's center) is still open too.

I actually prefer Panda Express because I can get different items for that same price.

The one on Main and Harvard is still there. Also I think the one up by Tustin Marketplace (Ralph's center) is still open too.

I actually prefer Panda Express because I can get different items for that same price.
Have you tried the House Special Beef? I can't find anything at Panda that tastes like that. Probably 8,000mg of Sodium per serving but man, so good.

Have you tried the House Special Beef? I can't find anything at Panda that tastes like that. Probably 8,000mg of Sodium per serving but man, so good.
Beijing Beef at Panda is close when made fresh.

But yes... the House Special [X] at Pick Up Stix is crack-a-lackin'.

The noodles at Stix are lame but most every dish they have is good. I wish they didn't go to that combined container where the entree is with the rice... preferred it in the separate classic take-out boxes.

It looks like the Omomo spot is still up for lease and The Bagel Shack is coming soon. I wonder if that's what's taking place of Pick Up Stix. It's funny because there used to be a bagel shop on the same strip and now they're opening another one...

Edit: Big City Bagels was the name. It was a good classic hole in the wall feeling. Was there for a long time too.

It looks like the Omomo spot is still up for lease and The Bagel Shack is coming soon. I wonder if that's what's taking place of Pick Up Stix. It's funny because there used to be a bagel shop on the same strip and now they're opening another one...

Edit: Big City Bagels was the name. It was a good classic hole in the wall feeling. Was there for a long time too.
Bagel Shack is set to fill the corner location previously occupied by UPS.

Forgot to go. They were open until the end of December.

I think we like them best of the 3 Brazilian places in Irvine.

I went with a few friends about a week before Christmas, 4 out of the 5 of us got covid after that dinner and the food did not wow me like it used to. I spoke to the store manager and another Brazilian BBQ place is taking it's place, Gaucho something? Supposedly has 2-3 other locations in CA.

I went with a few friends about a week before Christmas, 4 out of the 5 of us got covid after that dinner and the food did not wow me like it used to. I spoke to the store manager and another Brazilian BBQ place is taking it's place, Gaucho something? Supposedly has 2-3 other locations in CA.

Yeah, the food was underwhelming to say the least.

It's a sad day for fans of this tasty delicacy.

South Korea passes bill to ban consumption of dog meat​

South Korea's parliament passed a bill on Tuesday to ban the eating and selling of dog meat, a move that will end the controversial centuries-old practice amid growing support for animal welfare.

Eating dog meat was once seen as a way to improve stamina in the humid Korean summer. But the practise has become rare - largely limited to some older people and specific restaurants - as more Koreans consider dogs as family pets and as criticism of how the dogs are slaughtered has grown.

The legislation, which states its purpose is "to eradicate the consumption of dogs" will take effect after a three-year grace period. The bill does not stipulate any penalties for eating dog meat per se.

The article mentioned that the spectrum is the 6th largest shopping center in OC with $601M of sales for the 12 months ended 6/30/23. I’m curious what the top 5 are.

1 - south coast plaza?
2 - fashion island?
3 - ???
4 - ???
5 - ???
6 - spectrum

Back