Retail Openings and Closures

Is Board and Brew that good? I've had their sandwiches at the Tustin Legacy location and it's not like spectacular.
I love Board and Brew, but it really depends what sandwiches you order. Beer selection is top tier though. Nice to see that both The Stand and Board & Brew are going to be next to each other for the beer lovers.

Windsor in Costa Mesa has both beers for sale and they opened up a tap room awhile ago, but my go to is Green Cheek for IPAs, across the street from Windsor. The smash burger and tots are great there too.

I guess this is where personal taste comes in--not a fan of homebrewing or IPAs. My fav tap room is up in Anaheim at Bottle Logic. Burger/tots sounds nice but a lot of places do them well including The Cut in Irvine. I think it's harder to do healthy food well and reliably.

I guess this is where personal taste comes in--not a fan of homebrewing or IPAs. My fav tap room is up in Anaheim at Bottle Logic. Burger/tots sounds nice but a lot of places do them well including The Cut in Irvine. I think it's harder to do healthy food well and reliably.
Windsor is a homebrew shop, it's not tapping home brews. They have guest taps from all over. And Green Cheek doesn't serve only IPAs, while Bottle Logic actually has tons of IPAs. Windsor actually has a non-IPA Bottle Logic on tap at the moment as well.

If you like breweries that have a variety of styles, in addition to Bottle Logic, I would recommend The Bruery or Radiant.

there's probably too many already, but how about coffee shops / cafes? Any plaza or center in need of one?
I wish the Irvine Co would allow more than just Starbucks in their centers. Or maybe that's the only coffee shop that can afford their rents. Irvine has a lot of coffee shops, but mostly in the Jamboree/business district area.

Leasing with TIC is the most stringent. I believe it's a 5-year lease minimum, have to show collateral to pay for X years and then also the % of revenue you have to pay every month.

That's why you see the non-chain places opening up in non-TIC centers.

Leasing with TIC is the most stringent. I believe it's a 5-year lease minimum, have to show collateral to pay for X years and then also the % of revenue you have to pay every month.

That's why you see the non-chain places opening up in non-TIC centers.
Hopefully some SD or LA coffee chains can come to Irvine soon. There are some that I feel could for sure qualify and be able to afford. Better Buzz just opened in San Clemente and is opening in Laguna Hills. It would be cool if Irvine could get one of those.

I wish the Irvine Co would allow more than just Starbucks in their centers. Or maybe that's the only coffee shop that can afford their rents. Irvine has a lot of coffee shops, but mostly in the Jamboree/business district area.
The Crossroads and UTC have Peet's Coffee, Woodbridge Village Center has The Lost Bean, Culver Plaza has Coffee Tomo, and Oak Creek Shopping Center has Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. And then The Mugs is supposedly opening a second Irvine location in the Alton Retail Center near the Irvine Costco by the Spectrum.

Last edited:
The Crossroads and UTC have Peet's Coffee and Oak Creek Shopping Center has Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. And then The Mugs is supposedly opening a second Irvine location in the Alton Retail Center near the Irvine Costco by the Spectrum.
Really miss Diedrich's in Westpark and Las Fajitas by Woodbridge HS

The Crossroads and UTC have Peet's Coffee, Woodbridge Village Center has The Lost Bean, Culver Plaza has Coffee Tomo, and Oak Creek Shopping Center has Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. And then The Mugs is supposedly opening a second Irvine location in the Alton Retail Center near the Irvine Costco by the Spectrum.
I mean more small shops or local chains, not big chains. That's not many.

I heard ROL Hand Roll Bar by Kei Concepts will be opening in the former Wheel of Life vegan restaurant sometime this summer. I'm looking forward to this...the ROL in fountain valley is quite good.
That shopping center is starting to become a Kei concepts center. They're already monopolizing Fountain Valley lol.

We were just at Nep in FV yesterday for brunch
They have Nep in the center with this new ROL Hand Bar and Sup in Irvine. I thought they were also going to have another concept for dinner with the Nep space (old EMC) in Irvine, but I can't remember now.

They have Nep in the center with this new ROL Hand Bar and Sup in Irvine. I thought they were also going to have another concept for dinner with the Nep space (old EMC) in Irvine, but I can't remember now.
We get a decent amount of takeout from Sup. We are aware of the Nep in Irvine as well, at night it turns into Kin Izakaya.

I noticed Carl's Jr locations are closing, the one near Sand Canyon is a Chipotle and the one in the Marketplace is a Starbucks (as reported earlier and is weird to me).

Their food is so expensive... today is Free Western Bacon Cheeseburger day... and I had no idea it cost $7.49.

I noticed Carl's Jr locations are closing, the one near Sand Canyon is a Chipotle and the one in the Marketplace is a Starbucks (as reported earlier and is weird to me).

Their food is so expensive... today is Free Western Bacon Cheeseburger day... and I had no idea it cost $7.49.
You mean the Marketplace isn't in dire need of 25 different Starbucks locations?! And I didn't know it had gone up that much either...jeez.

A lot of fast food combo prices are $10+ now. Was at Wendy's yesterday and saw some at $15. It's shocking to say the least.

Back