Retail Openings and Closures

I was about to dismiss this place as yet another place disguising mediocre coffee with milk and sugar but then I saw the single brew chemexes of 100% Kona peaberry coffee. Yet another place to try!
Also try their sister place Kona Loa on Jeronimo & Alicia. Been driving from Irvine to go there for years.

I just learned about the benefits of black coffee from my doctor friends. They only drink it black.
Don't you get the benefits of black coffee even if you add cream or sugar?

This is like the argument that says you shouldn't count Gatorade toward your daily water consumption - but it's 95% water anyways.

Don't you get the benefits of black coffee even if you add cream or sugar?

This is like the argument that says you shouldn't count Gatorade toward your daily water consumption - but it's 95% water anyways.
You should get the benefits, in both cases.

1. Black coffee gets the benefits without the calories. That's the only difference. One thing to note is that black coffee is slightly acidic, which could irritate your stomach. So I would say that coffee with a bit of creamer would be more beneficial. I've started doing that (hazelnut liquid creamer, as I posted earlier) recently after 5 years of black coffee.

2. Gatorade, coffee, soda, tea, all still count toward your daily water consumption. In the case of Gatorade and soda, you just added calories. And in the case of coffee and tea, caffeine. Just like you said, water is water, no matter what you added to it.

Went to Omomo tonight on Alton and Jeffrey and it was shut down, sign is gone, completely empty.

Anyone know what happen? This was the busiest shop in the center, there was a wait every day at all hours. I don’t see how it’s possible that they didn’t make money.

Went to Omomo tonight on Alton and Jeffrey and it was shut down, sign is gone, completely empty.

Anyone know what happen? This was the busiest shop in the center, there was a wait every day at all hours. I don’t see how it’s possible that they didn’t make money.
Reddit is usually the place to find out. Couldn’t come to a lease agreement with landlord.

For Omomo, I wonder if it was a parking lot issue or something. It seems strange for them to have a conflict with TIC when they have another location in an Irvine Company center. But then again, parking is terrible at the Walnut parking lot too so I wonder what the issue was.

LoL... Wow, but aren't both of the Omomo shops in Irvine Company centers, so same landlord?

The other Omomo is on Walnut and Culver.
They closed their first location. Who’s to say they won’t be forced out of the second when that lease comes due.

We always blame the landlord but maybe they were bad tenants? It cuts both ways.

Agora will be closed middle of next month. Irvine company refused to renew the lease. Go enjoy while it still opens.

Anyone try Roll-Em Up Taquitos yet? There are 2 new locations in the Square by McArthur and Main and in the same center as Wanderlust off of Culver and Walnut.
Was considering ordering a 5 Taquito Combo for lunch today at the Walnut and Culver location, so checked in the app.
5 Taquitos
Chips
Medium Drink
$18.88 !!! ($19.68 at the Spectrum location)

$20 after tax for 5 taquitos and chips. I mean ya inflation is bad but who the heck is paying for these! Oh ya you can get the combo with Chips and Guac instead, but you have to add $7.50 extra! What a joke.

Personally I'd just get the 3 taquitos, no combo. While it is a tasty snack from time to time, it is a lot of fried food and they don't have an alternative of just like...a taco. I don't see the place lasting the test of time unless the concept changes. I would prefer just like...a chipotle (which has gone more upscale too btw, but at least has fresher ingredients).

Was considering ordering a 5 Taquito Combo for lunch today at the Walnut and Culver location, so checked in the app.
5 Taquitos
Chips
Medium Drink
$18.88 !!! ($19.68 at the Spectrum location)

$20 after tax for 5 taquitos and chips. I mean ya inflation is bad but who the heck is paying for these! Oh ya you can get the combo with Chips and Guac instead, but you have to add $7.50 extra! What a joke.
Finally had this at the Walnut/Culver location. It was expensive... And I only got the 2-pack combo.

Salsa was good but the size of the taquitos was small for the price.

Noticed the Omomo's was really crowded (assuming because the other location closed).

Also there was a Dolan's open next to Stacks. Never had Uyghur food before. Any recs?

Dolan's: I like the meat pie. It is the size of a blaze pizza (next door) but has some really nice texture and flavors. My wife liked the noodles that are chopped to the point that they look almost like little cubes. I'm not sure that I like this type of food but I think it is a great option to have in the community in terms of diversity.

Back