Retail Openings and Closures

New Hmart in Northpark is nice. Really good sales going on right now for their grand opening (thru 1/31). Produce, meat, and seafood are all super fresh. I got the live lobster and it was really good.

Parking is bad right now but it should settle down once the excitement dies down. Good work by Irvine PD and Hmart employees regulating traffic. The food court is a bit smaller than the other new location off Alton.

I feel bad for Zion. They either need to step it up or it'll become a place where Stonegate, Woodbury, Cypress Village, Eastwood, and Great Park residents go for a quick grocery run. Would expect people needing a full pantry/fridge restock to go to HMart.

Did Ha Long in the Crossroads close?

That center is cursed.

On my deadpool list is Json Ramen. Cava should be there for customer service... they are popular but lines are so long and something is always out or not working there.

That center is cursed.

On my deadpool list is Json Ramen. Cava should be there for customer service... they are popular but lines are so long and something is always out or not working there.

I've got Wokcano and Orchard Hills Pizza Hut on my list.

That center is cursed.

I like eating at CAVA, but like you say, the place is a disaster.

It’s a super long wait half the time, employees move slow, and half the time they are out of something.

I would eat there weekly if they had their crap together, but unfortunately, I have to be strategic about when I consider eating there these days, because I don’t want to wait for 30 minutes.

A place called Flippoly opened recently in the University Town Center (not sure how long ago).

Looks like at least one other location has opened up in Irvine.

They do Korean breakfast sandwiches (I say breakfast because they all have egg)... really good if you like grilled cheese type sandwiches. We had the ham and cheese, the hashbrown and the bulgogi ones.

They also do drinks but haven't tried any.

A place called Flippoly opened recently in the University Town Center (not sure how long ago).

They do Korean breakfast sandwiches (I say breakfast because they all have egg)... really good if you like grilled cheese type sandwiches. We had the ham and cheese, the hashbrown and the bulgogi ones.

Tried the one in Cypress Village Center long back, was pretty meh and felt like I could make the same thing for about $2 so never went back. How was the bulgogi one?

Tried the one in Cypress Village Center long back, was pretty meh and felt like I could make the same thing for about $2 so never went back. How was the bulgogi one?
It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

I guess the ham and cheese set me up. I liked grilled sandwiches and while yes, I can make these at home... it taste better when SOMEONE ELSE makes it. :)

I'm going to have to give this place a try.

Back