Retail Openings and Closures

qwerty said:
@iho - you should try Sup noodles in the same plaza. All of that ownership groups restaurants are pretty good. Vox kitchen, Ini in fountain valley, the alley is theirs as well
https://www.keiconcepts.info/our-concepts

We tried Sup Noodle Bar a while back. I thought their Rib Bone Pho was pretty good, but my wife wasn't impressed with the shrimp pho she ordered. And she thought it was too pricey.

Her favorite pho place is Pholicious Noodle Bar in LF, so it's going to be less pricey.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
qwerty said:
@iho - you should try Sup noodles in the same plaza. All of that ownership groups restaurants are pretty good. Vox kitchen, Ini in fountain valley, the alley is theirs as well
https://www.keiconcepts.info/our-concepts

We tried Sup Noodle Bar a while back. I thought their Rib Bone Pho was pretty good, but my wife wasn't impressed with the shrimp pho she ordered. And she thought it was too pricey.

Her favorite pho place is Pholicious Noodle Bar in LF, so it's going to be less pricey.  ;D

I get the lomo saltado.  The best part is the fries that are drenched in the tasty juice/marinade.

25% suggested tip on the app for food delivery to your table?

irvinehomeowner said:
We recently went to Ye's Noodle Zone in Heritage Plaza (next to Jax Bicycles)... pretty good... you order from your phone at the table and it goes directly to the kitchen.

Haven't tried Sup yet but I am aware of them and their sister restaurants.

Oh and while we were in Heritage Plaza, finally tried Orobae. I'm not a boba person so got one of their slush drinks which was okay. I actually tend to not get any of these tea/slush/shake drinks because of the empty calories.

Wendy's still has their $4/$5 combos... that's crazy.

irvinehomeowner said:

Oh and while we were in Heritage Plaza, finally tried Orobae. I'm not a boba person so got one of their slush drinks which was okay. I actually tend to not get any of these tea/slush/shake drinks because of the empty calories.

Yikes! Ordering slush at Orobae is heresy 😢. Try a Rising Phoenix Oolong Milk Tea or Gyokuro Green Milk Tea, no boba needed.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yikes! Ordering slush at Orobae is heresy 😢. Try a Rising Phoenix Oolong Milk Tea or Gyokuro Green Milk Tea, no boba needed.

The Taiwanese Guava slush is decent, but other than that ya, gotta get the milk tea.  Don?t know how you can get it without boba though.  Orobae and Oromo have the best boba.

Those bobas and milk teas have so much sugar in them, I think I'd be bouncing off the walls if I had one of them.  Just thinking about those drinks is making my blood sugar rise.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
Those bobas and milk teas have so much sugar in them, I think I'd be bouncing off the walls if I had one of them.  Just thinking about those drinks is making my blood sugar rise.  haha

Orobae will allow custom sweetness level--even zero sugar. Not sure how much calories are in the milk.

Forgot to mention we tried Sul & Beans in Diamond Jamboree.

It's like Taiwanese Shave Ice but this is Korean... they also have Boonghopang (I thinks the way they spell it... bungeoppang is the correct way) which is like the taiyaki at Somi-Somi.

Not sure how long it's been open (used to be the Kona Coffee place)... also a new Mediterranean place there too.

And this is probably old news, but Paper Lantern has been replace by 7 Leaves which has an expanded food menu.

Orobae, (or most boba places in fact) allow you to customize their sweetness.

I get them in sweetness 3 now days, no ice.

However, their tea is fairly strong without ice, so if you have low tolerance expect to be wired after drinking it O.O

iacrenter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Orobae will allow custom sweetness level--even zero sugar. Not sure how much calories are in the milk.

Depends on what % fat the milk is.  Not sure how good the drink would be with no sugar.

AMC reopened the Woodbridge 5 after extensive renovations. It’s now showing first run movies, at standard (AMC) pricing. Unfortunately, it looks like it’s permanently closed about a month after reopening. The website says temporarily closed, but I’m hearing they abruptly laid off the employees, although they can work in Tustin. Sad.

Went to The District recently... Thai Bamboo closed down. :(

But the one in Quail Hill is still there.

They finally opened the Baked Dessert Bar... they have cupcakes, cookies and drinks that are Asian inspired.

Union Market food hall has closed down... does anyone know what is going in there?

The main Union Market landlord was being g sued by vestar

That is super sad. I'm puzzled at how badly The District's interior area is doing. I enjoy walking around there and I find that parking is easy and traffic is not a big deal. Maybe I am in the minority here.

That is super sad. I'm puzzled at how badly The District's interior area is doing. I enjoy walking around there and I find that parking is easy and traffic is not a big deal. Maybe I am in the minority here.

What side are you parking on? The side closest to Red Robin/Whole Food is a mess.

It looks like they are doing construction on the ingress/outgress between the Winery and Utopia Cafe... the most troublesome intersection there.

They also fenced off the area next to Red Robin because too many people were making left turns out of there when it was right turn only.

They also got rid of the parking spots the were perpendicular to traffic in front of michaels. It’s about time. People had to back out and it would block traffic.

Back