Retail Openings and Closures

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
When does Dave's BBQ open up?  They said Summer 2015....well it's already here damnit.  haha
Summer doesn't start until Sunday. :)
So they open tomorrow?  haha  I've been craving brisket/burnt ends ever since my trip out to Austin in March.

Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
When does Dave's BBQ open up?  They said Summer 2015....well it's already here damnit.  haha
So they open tomorrow?  haha  I've been craving brisket/burnt ends ever since my trip out to Austin in March.

There is one next to South Coast Plaza.
I know, but the one at Tustin Marketplace is like a mile away. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

But the SCP one is a lot close than the one in Austin!

Dave's BBQ is my favorite OC BBQ spot...much better than Lucille's and better/cheaper than Wood Ranch. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Don't want a reason to drive your new blue car on the 5N to 55 S interchange?

bones said:
Tried Ugly Pie.  It reminds me of Pielogy (crust, size, taste) but everything at Ugly Pie was more expensive ($1-4 per pie depending on which one).  Got the very cheesy ($7) and the Arugula/proscuitto ($11.95 I think).  The latter probably wasn't worth it.

Also tried Ugly the other day.. it was ok.  Ordering was kinda weird... get a number, order, create your own pizza, then backtrack to the other counter to pay.  They'll probably fix this once the liquor starts flowing.  Speaking of alcohol, liquor license sometime in July.  Spoke with the employee/manager/owner?  and he said there is a 3 month waiting time for the license.  Hmmm... poor planning?  On to the pizza:

got a create your own with pepperoni and pineapple with red sauce for the little one and the pesto chicken pre-designed for myself.  Total was a tad over $20 with no drinks just water.  Pizza was kinda meh.. not better nor worse than Mod Pizza.  A couple of beers would've improved the taste.  And the soon to be beer selections look good.  Also got a pasta marinara to go.  Tasted like store bought spaghetti sauce with penne.  Skip the pasta.  Workers were mostly young kids.  Some hiccups, but overall decent for brand new.  One kid even remembered my name when I went up to reorder some pasta.  Impressive 15 minutes memory retention.  I'll give this place another shot when the alcohol flows and hopefully some happy hour deals.  Right now, not enough to garner its own review thread.

ps9 said:
One kid even remembered my name when I went up to reorder some pasta.  Impressive 15 minutes memory retention.

Sometimes I like to give them fake names. Especially exotic ones that are hard to spell. Try testing his memory retention next time with a long, hard (Hi, Qwerty) foreign name. What's funny is, the young teenagers are so serious & naive, they usually buy it unless it's a black girl's name like "Shaniqua", then they highly doubt it but will eventually still write it down.

SoCal said:
ps9 said:
One kid even remembered my name when I went up to reorder some pasta.  Impressive 15 minutes memory retention.

Sometimes I like to give them fake names. Especially exotic ones that are hard to spell. Try testing his memory retention next time with a long, hard (Hi, Qwerty) foreign name. What's funny is, the young teenagers are so serious & naive, they usually buy it unless it's a black girl's name like "Shaniqua", then they highly doubt it but will eventually still write it down.

So what's your Starbucks name?

bIvhM6f.jpg

Gelson's at Alton has BOGO on roses so you get two dozens roses for $11.99 and they wrap them nicely. 
I didn't want to create a new thread so I just stick it here. 

playingvideogamesat30 said:
The former Staples location at Woodbury Town Center is becoming a Homegoods. As long as I don't have to go, I think its a good addition. 

Nice... Homegoods should do quite well there.

The former Staples location at Woodbury Town Center is becoming a Homegoods. As long as I don't have to go, I think its a good addition. 

Seriously?  Ugh. Disappointed.

bones said:

Ugh credit card bill will be increasing. Wife loves that store.

jmoney74 said:
bones said:

Haha. Tell her to step away from the tchotchkes!  I've been in the store a few times and have never walked out with anything. I must be missing something....

I went into Home Goods for a frying pan and came out with a 7ft plush giraffe.

bones said:
jmoney74 said:
bones said:

Haha. Tell her to step away from the tchotchkes!  I've been in the store a few times and have never walked out with anything. I must be missing something....

I find TJMaxx / Homegoods stores to be huge messy clearance stores. I won't be a customer, but glad to see something other than a vacant spot.

Back