Retail Openings and Closures

bones said:
Harajuku said:
Does anybody know what is being built at Dimension+Prism next to Lake Forest Wildfire Gym?  I thought I read somewhere they were building a Montessori school but there is already one very nearby. 

This maybe?
http://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/planning-commission-preview-dogs-and-kids

Thanks.  A bit misplaced for a preschool IMO.  Lots of trucks are parked on that street, at least on the weekend when I take my kid to the gym. 

Just noticed this, new Del Taco on Main close to Harvard where the old Burger King used to be.

Thought they were going to convert that to another Habit. :)

Harajuku said:
bones said:
Harajuku said:
Does anybody know what is being built at Dimension+Prism next to Lake Forest Wildfire Gym?  I thought I read somewhere they were building a Montessori school but there is already one very nearby. 

This maybe?
http://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/planning-commission-preview-dogs-and-kids

Thanks.  A bit misplaced for a preschool IMO.  Lots of trucks are parked on that street, at least on the weekend when I take my kid to the gym.

Another Montessori school ?  Fulbright Montessori Academy is like two blocks away (along Atlantic Ocean Dr) .. guess Montessori is not only an Irvine thing  :)

Just a random thought. That placed called "Barefoot Bowls" needs to work on their name. I was browsing the internet today and stumbled across it. I just assumed it was a pedicure place! I was picturing bare feet being scrubbed. When I found out it was a food place, I just about threw up.

They better lower prices.  I'll spend $80+ for burgers and beer in Vegas but not in OC.  For me it's a convenience/destination restaurant that fits like a glove with the rest of Cosmo.  Not so with super conservative OC.

This sounds really asian but I rather eat at DTF and get an in/out burger on the way home. All burgers taste about the same to me :)

I think Poops... err Scoops N Scoops opened up.

It's the ice cream shop next to Burntzilla.

I remember when that strip of stores was Golden Spoon, WokMan, Mrs. Fields Cookies and KFC.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think Poops... err Scoops N Scoops opened up.

It's the ice cream shop next to Burntzilla.

I remember when that strip of stores was Golden Spoon, WokMan, Mrs. Fields Cookies and KFC.
It still creeps me out that there is a massage parlor where Mrs. Fields. was.

3991D6C9-C9C2-420F-883A-89FF36122B68_zpsvxin8obn.png

Free pizza!

We went last week... it's not as good as the Blaze/Mod/Piology crowd as these are more "gourmet-style" pizzas.

They are chintzy on the toppings and very slow (maybe because they just opened). The place really looks nice (I wonder how much they spent on decor) and they have a Coke Freestyle machine (the kids love those things).

Blaze is still our number one choice for MYO pizzas.

ps9:

A sad day today. Jalapenos is closed.

I had no idea and they didn't give any indication (other than charging 50 cents for chips).

I don't even know when they closed... maybe April 30th? The windows already have those TIC retail murals on them.

That irvine shopping center is the death knell for restaurants:

RIP Jalapenos, I will miss your al pastor tacos and your unhealthy greasy chips. 

I bet TIC refused the lease renewal.  No way they ran out of business.  That's the busiest food spot in the entire shopping center. 

So no more tacos, no more super garlicky Chinese food (Chinez), no more Indian sushi chef (Goro). 

Back