Retail Openings and Closures

aquabliss said:
Went today 30 min before opening, there was already a line, like an early Black Friday indeed.  Good stuff was gone pretty quick.  Luckily I found a nice display cabinet buffet that would fit in my car... prices are 30% off retail then marked down and additional 30% for a few days as Grand Opening special I guess.

I didn't go, but from what I was told, this could be a permanent location, another outlet instead of warehouse sales. May explain why the discounts aren't spectacular and it's much more organized and staged like a real store unlike last time (a zoo)

Yes I talked to the staff it's a permanent outlet location.  Typically outlet prices are 30% off but I think at least for this weekend it will be 30% off + an additional 30% promo.  So prices are just as good as warehouse for a short while.  They really didn't do anything to the inside since the warehouse sale so very minimal investment for them.

I heard a sales lady last night talking to a couple who was looking at some overpriced huge spotlight / glass looking piece saying  "don't think about the price, think about how much it means to you and how much you want it in your home.  Furniture isn't a monetary purchase, it's an emotional purchase".    She actually said this with a straight face and I thought to myself that crap talk will never work - then literally 5 second pause and the wife goes "that's it we're getting it".  Wow, just wow.

I know it?s not irvine but it?s probably close enough for a lot of you.

The Pizza Press is opening this Thursday at the village in tustin legacy.

Openings at the village in Tustin legacy

- CVS opened yesterday
- board and brew opened 10/13 - really good sandwiches and beer; has TVs to watch games
- chipotle and pizza press open 10/19 (pizza press delayed initial opening)
- Stater Bros opens 10/25 at 8am

Hadn't been to Crossroads center in a while but after our visit to Woodbridge Village Center we stopped by Target and I saw that the Piadina's that replaced Subway is now open.

I have never been to the one in the Marketplace, is it good?

The Inchins restaurant still isn't open... that place is taking longer to open than I Can BBQ.

I?ve eaten at piadina at the marketplace once, it was pretty good. Better than I thought it was going to be. But I still prefer burgers and burritos

qwerty said:
Openings at the village in Tustin legacy

- board and brew opened 10/13 - really good sandwiches and beer; has TVs to watch games

Yes board and brew has really good sandwiches, had the turkey and roast beef on a nice hard roll, the only hard roll I've found in Irvine.

Free food today at tustin village from 11-2pm, it?s the grand opening of the center

Burger boss, pizza press, board and brew, chipotle etc

Ps - the stater bros is just as nice as any grocery store I?ve been to, except maybe Whole Foods, WF is pretty nice.

qwerty said:
Free food today at tustin village from 11-2pm, it?s the grand opening of the center

Burger boss, pizza press, board and brew, chipotle etc

Ps - the stater bros is just as nice as any grocery store I?ve been to, except maybe Whole Foods, WF is pretty nice.

Agree, this must be a flagship for the Stater Bros chain.  The only thing ghetto about it is the security guards in front of the store.  Made me feel like I was in Compton.  The other odd design feature was the 1970's style skybox overlooking the checkout (like the ones they use to spy on shoplifters).

Otherwise, the employees are all very friendly.  There are so many of them I thought I was at the Pavilions in Orchard Hills.  At least of all these employees seemed to be actually working.  The store was very busy with a lot of customers.  I think this place will do very well.  They give you a free box of 20 cookies when you leave.

Good to hear Board and Brew is open near my office. The one in RSM is fantastic. Strong recommendation. Worth the $$ you pay for their sammiches, but very high quality food makes up for the price.

My .02c

SGIP

Looks like Amazon is opening something in the University Center near UCI.

There are "Amazon.com Coming Soon" on the construction fences.

Sorry... not HQ2. :)

Ate at Piadina... the flatbread is good but the prices are expensive... they also sell pasta.

Visited The Village in Tustin Legacy, Pizza Press wasn't as good as I remember, and at $9 per BYO pie, that's more expensive that the others. Speaking of, Pieology has slightly revamped their menu, the have a smaller kids pizza ($4.99) and now a Detroit Pan pizza ($9.49). The Detroit Pan was interesting, the dough is partly pre-baked and they load it with cheese and toppings first and then add the sauce... it's not as good as I hoped it would be but I'm glad they are trying different things.

Back