Retail Openings and Closures

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner. said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner. said:
Have you guys tried California Gogi yet?

It's like a Korean BBQ + Chipotle joint!!  I think the same owners as Gen BBQ. $6.50 gets you a nice meal :)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-gogi-korean-grill-irvine
Such a newb... posted about it a while ago in this very thread:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1956.msg55011/topicseen.html#msg55011

This is why I don't come ball anymore... you always harrass me :(
Wah.

And... that's why I revoked your man card.

*Whiney voice* Give me my card back!

A new shaved ice/boba place opened up in the Mitsuwa center called Shaved n Boba.  Barebones setting but pretty cheap.  You basically pick a size ($3 regular/$3.75 large), a ice flavor (green/milk/strawberry) a sauce (condensed milk/caramel/chocolate), and toppings (1 for $0.50/3 for $1.00).  The shaved ice is the snow shaved ice so it's good by itself.  Kinda of light on the topping but pretty good. 

It's a much better value than Mochilato, who charges like $10+ for a larger sized shaved ice but not snow shaved and too expensive IMO.  You can get a decent sized shaved ice (for 2 adults) and pick the topping you like for like half the price.

irvinehomeowner said:
Any Bruxie reports?

I might go here around 2:30, hopefully that's after the lunch crowd.

Been there twice now.  Really liked it and will be a regular there! 

David

Delayed for over a year, Pho Kobe is now open, corner of Barranca and Jamboree, near EPL and Mr. Sandwich.  Gonna get takeout tonight.

USCTrojanCPA said:
ps9 said:
Just noticed the new Habit opening soon on Barranca/Von Karman (near HomelessMart) will have a drive thru!  Nice...
Sweet, approx. when will it be open?

its already open, went to TB today for lunch next door. Place was pretty busy.

Tyler Durden said:
BTW, my neighbors are raving about how good Urban Plates is.

I will wait to see the momopi or IHO pics as well as when qwerty indicates the lines have died down.

Tried it the other night, had the steak while wife had the ono.  Main courses were ok, but the broccolini was delicious and my wife loved the brussel sprouts.  Ono needed more salt.  Only thing I didn't like was the light pour of the wine at $8 a glass. That was stingy on their part.

Food is decent enough for us to go back though. 

ps9 said:
Tyler Durden said:
BTW, my neighbors are raving about how good Urban Plates is.

I will wait to see the momopi or IHO pics as well as when qwerty indicates the lines have died down.

Tried it the other night, had the steak while wife had the ono.  Main courses were ok, but the broccolini was delicious and my wife loved the brussel sprouts.  Ono needed more salt.  Only thing I didn't like was the light pour of the wine at $8 a glass. That was stingy on their part.

Food is decent enough for us to go back though. 
We were there yesterday.

Crowded like a model home (or a Creamistry). I like that they allow you to choose your sides unlike Tender Greens. Had the turkey meat loaf, the braised beef and mushrooms and the kids mac&cheese.

It was good, $1 less than Tender Greens, but no fried chicken. Like PS9, we'll be back. It almost reminds me of those fresh market eateries/bus stops in Europe where you grab a tray and they put on what you want. At least they have kids meals.

Sorry, Ty, forgot to take pictures.

Back