Restaurant complaints thread

[quote author="bltserv" date=1249952100]Not too often I get the "Cafeteria Cramps" from Restaurant food in Orange County. But Saturday went to the Elephant Bar. The new one in Laguna Hills Mall. Got a appetizer Salmon Tempura Roll. 6 Hours later.

Its all over. Cramps and Chills and nothing left in my system.

Ate with family all my other meals. So this must be were I got the

little bugs. Come to think of it. The roll tasted kinda rancid.

I thought it was the Tempura Oil was old.

Still keeping close to restrooms.</blockquote>

I ate there the night before you. Didn't get sick (thankfully!) but the food wasn't too good and the service was lousy (took forever, brought us the wrong appetizer). I don't think I'll be going back!

[quote author="traceimage" date=1250734453][quote author="bltserv" date=1249952100]Not too often I get the "Cafeteria Cramps" from Restaurant food in Orange County. But Saturday went to the Elephant Bar. The new one in Laguna Hills Mall. Got a appetizer Salmon Tempura Roll. 6 Hours later.

I ate there the night before you. Didn't get sick (thankfully!) but the food wasn't too good and the service was lousy (took forever, brought us the wrong appetizer). I don't think I'll be going back!</blockquote>

I was at the bar. They brought me the wrong appetizer twice before they finally got it right. I went ahead and reported the "Incident" to the OC Health Department. They were really nice and called me after I made a report over the "Net". Girl that called back indicated they follow up on every complaint. And she mentioned mine was "isolated" and they didnt have any other complaints on the restaurant in recent days.

Just the fact the "Chaos" factor is so high. I think the same is going on in the kitchen. All it takes is for some improper storage. And I am enjoying the "Trots" for almost a week.

Not going back anytime soon either.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1250739517][quote author="traceimage" date=1250734453][quote author="bltserv" date=1249952100]Not too often I get the "Cafeteria Cramps" from Restaurant food in Orange County. But Saturday went to the Elephant Bar. The new one in Laguna Hills Mall. Got a appetizer Salmon Tempura Roll. 6 Hours later.

I ate there the night before you. Didn't get sick (thankfully!) but the food wasn't too good and the service was lousy (took forever, brought us the wrong appetizer). I don't think I'll be going back!</blockquote>

I was at the bar. They brought me the wrong appetizer twice before they finally got it right. I went ahead and reported the "Incident" to the OC Health Department. They were really nice and called me after I made a report over the "Net". Girl that called back indicated they follow up on every complaint. And she mentioned mine was "isolated" and they didnt have any other complaints on the restaurant in recent days.

Just the fact the "Chaos" factor is so high. I think the same is going on in the kitchen. All it takes is for some improper storage. And I am enjoying the "Trots" for almost a week.

Not going back anytime soon either.</blockquote>

Did I not warned you guys about that place?!?!?!

This complaint is for a supermarket, not a restaurant, but it involves food. I bought 2 quarts of fresh blueberries at the Pavilions on Portola Parkway on Tuesday. There was no expiration date but they looked ok through the plastic containers...as soon as I got them home and washed them, I saw they were soft, mealy and gross.

This location is always empty and deserted so I learned my lesson to make sure to carefully inspect all produce there...who knows how long it has been sitting out.

[quote author="jumpcut" date=1251426934]This complaint is for a supermarket, not a restaurant, but it involves food. I bought 2 quarts of fresh blueberries at the Pavilions on Portola Parkway on Tuesday. There was no expiration date but they looked ok through the plastic containers...as soon as I got them home and washed them, I saw they were soft, mealy and gross.

This location is always empty and deserted so I learned my lesson to make sure to carefully inspect all produce there...who knows how long it has been sitting out.</blockquote>

Yes, my wife have mentioned trying that Pavillions out. But I told her 'no' cause most of the time, the parking lot looks empty. What I've found out when a restaurant or grocery store doesn't have alot of customers. The quality of the food just go down hill.

[quote author="reason" date=1251433238][quote author="jumpcut" date=1251426934]This complaint is for a supermarket, not a restaurant, but it involves food. I bought 2 quarts of fresh blueberries at the Pavilions on Portola Parkway on Tuesday. There was no expiration date but they looked ok through the plastic containers...as soon as I got them home and washed them, I saw they were soft, mealy and gross.

This location is always empty and deserted so I learned my lesson to make sure to carefully inspect all produce there...who knows how long it has been sitting out.</blockquote>

Yes, my wife have mentioned trying that Pavillions out. But I told her 'no' cause most of the time, the parking lot looks empty. What I've found out when a restaurant or grocery store doesn't have alot of customers. The quality of the food just go down hill.</blockquote>
Hence In'N'Out being one of the freshest food served at a fast food chain.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1251458342][quote author="reason" date=1251433238][quote author="jumpcut" date=1251426934]This complaint is for a supermarket, not a restaurant, but it involves food. I bought 2 quarts of fresh blueberries at the Pavilions on Portola Parkway on Tuesday. There was no expiration date but they looked ok through the plastic containers...as soon as I got them home and washed them, I saw they were soft, mealy and gross.

Yes, my wife have mentioned trying that Pavillions out. But I told her 'no' cause most of the time, the parking lot looks empty. What I've found out when a restaurant or grocery store doesn't have alot of customers. The quality of the food just go down hill.</blockquote>
Hence In'N'Out being one of the freshest food served at a fast food chain.</blockquote>

Thanks for backing me up, Trojanman. I can always count on you....at least when it comes to the subject of food and coupons. Haha!

[quote author="jumpcut" date=1251426934]This complaint is for a supermarket, not a restaurant, but it involves food. I bought 2 quarts of fresh blueberries at the Pavilions on Portola Parkway on Tuesday. There was no expiration date but they looked ok through the plastic containers...as soon as I got them home and washed them, I saw they were soft, mealy and gross.

It isn't just them, we are finding the fruit in the chain stores is just substandard.

We now buy our produce in three places, the farmers market, mothers market and costco.

I really can't believe how good costco produce is.

I feel the same, in general, about the supermarket chains and the quality of produce. It goes bad too fast, it doesn't taste like much, and there's usually only crummy fruits and vegetables left when I go on Sunday morning; it's depressing seeing such bruised and black fruit. I find myself going to places like Zion, H-Mart, wholesome choice, etc. but farmers markets are my favorite. It just tastes better and is way cheaper! I'd buy from Costco but we usually can't get through such big packages (only two people in our house).

i find the produce at zion, wholesome choice, 99 ranch to not be pretty, but it doesn't seem old. At least it's cheap, unlike the last time I went to Ralphs when it was both expensive and rotten. The produce at the Gelson's always seems fresh and usuaaly tastes good, but there is a limit to how much I'm willing and able to spend. To make myself feel better I'll check out the prices at Bristol Farms first so when I get to Gelson's I will think I'm getting a good deal.

really? because i find the produce i've bought at zion to be rotten. i've also encountered some frozen fruit and freezer burned fruit so i've stopped going there. hmart's produce on the other hand i find both cheap and decent quality.

I've noticed a general decrease in produce quality at Asian supermarkets lately. Ranch 99 used to have decent fruits, now it's like iffy.

If you want to shop at Zion, go to the one in Hawaiian Gardens instead.

You can also visit UCI Farmer's Market in the mornings for some fresh produce.

I've not been to a Bristol Farms since the Mission Viejo store closed. I know there's one in Newport, will try to visit that store sometime in the future.

For inexpensive produce, try the Hispanic markets.

Went to the Taco Factory (off Irvine Center Drive and Sand Canyon) and got the Factory chicken burrito. My stomach felt like a volcano all night, just bubbling until I took some tums. Next day I had some quick and sudden trips to the bathroom. I won't be going back there for a long while.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1251546480]Went to the Taco Factory (off Irvine Center Drive and Sand Canyon) and got the Factory chicken burrito. My stomach felt like a volcano all night, just bubbling until I took some tums. Next day I had some quick and sudden trips to the bathroom. I won't be going back there for a long while.</blockquote>

Hahaha! I didn't complained about Taco Factory? Sorry, Trojanman. Yeah, a couple of months ago. I fell for their little coupon tricks. I decided to give them a try. I think I'd ordered the beef fajita. The beef was as tough as leather. The rice was dry. Not going back. Once was enough.

While I am at it. I've tried Taco Factory, La Salsa, Chili's, and Baja Fresh. I like Baja Fresh the best!

[quote author="ABC123" date=1251507680]i find the produce at zion, wholesome choice, 99 ranch to not be pretty, but it doesn't seem old. At least it's cheap, unlike the last time I went to Ralphs when it was both expensive and rotten. The produce at the Gelson's always seems fresh and usuaaly tastes good, but there is a limit to how much I'm willing and able to spend. To make myself feel better I'll check out the prices at Bristol Farms first so when I get to Gelson's I will think I'm getting a good deal.</blockquote>

I concur with ABC...Zion has some really cheap fruit, especially compared to the major chain markets. They sometimes look a little fuggly but still taste good. I remember buying one bag of cherries for only ~$0.99/lbs but contained funky looking bing type cherries with extra nobs (my wife called them tumors) on them. Tasted fine to me. My kids haven't grown any horns yet ;-)

Greek Islands Cuisine @ Diamond Jamboree. The coupon on CheapIrvine.com says, "$14.95 dinner for 2 mixed grill special." Am I misinterpreting this? You buy 2 mixed grill special for $14.95, correct?

Well, today I went to the aforementioned joint and the lady said, "No. It's $14.95 for the first order. And the 2nd order is at regular price."

Again, am I reading this coupon wrong?

Capital Seafood take-out side. The gal, Michelle, reminds me of the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. Haha! Since there was no labels to indicate what the items are. I asked her, "What's this?" She retorted, "House chicken!"......I then asked, "What's this?" to which she yelled, "Kung Pao chicken!" And instead of just including the soup with the order (soup is part of the order I founded out). She yelled, "Did you want the soup!?!" ...I said, "Uhh, how much is it?" ...she replied, "It's part of the order!!".....what a crazy nut... Hahaha!

[quote author="trrenter" date=1251499028]I really can't believe how good costco produce is.</blockquote>

I can. I used to sell to them. The inventory turns they do is insane...

At Diamond Jamboree. There's a Korean restaurant called, "CHAE BAHN". They had this coupon that said, "Buy one get the 2nd one half off." But when you go to present the coupon. The lady at the register said with an accent, "NO! Not Valiiid! For Dine in only!!" WTF!! it doesn't state that on the freaking coupon. What's wrong with these restaurants at the Diamond Jamboree. You guys can just imagine how embarrasing it was.

USCTrojanmanCPA, dude. Make sure you don't bring a date with these coupons. Otherwise, she's going to have to pay her share of the bills. Hahaha!

Back