Real Housewives of OC update

[quote author="T!m" date=1228201734][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1228050104]Well orange county may be a bit of an overstatement... maybe some of the beach communities.

</blockquote>

That show has people from CdC, which is NOT a beach community. If I had the money to afford their lifestyle, I wouldn't live in CdC, I would live in a beach community. I don't understand why someone would by a multi-million dollar house in Coto rather than in Crystal Cove or somewhere like that. Anyone know?</blockquote>

I agree with you, Coto is nice, but really, not that nice. The one difference though is that coto is nowhere near as expensive as being near the beach. Expensive... but finding something the size of CdC near ANY beach is going to run BIG $$. Even my cheapie 2500 sqft wasn't super cheap and it was mostly hillside that required some extra cash to make usable.... er.. and stable. :lol:

-bix

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228186454][quote author="CK" date=1228053567]Panda --- It's a *TV* show. I am sure that even these women (as horrible as they probably are) are not half as over the top in their real lives. Drivel like this and most every reality show sensationalize the worst traits in people, so all the simpletons at home can watch and feel better about themselves. Please place crapola like this in the proper perspective. Don't be so gullible to think this show (or any reality show from any city) is representative of the people you would encounter at Target or Costco or the park.</blockquote>

Oh I beg to differ brutha CK. I have seen some ladies like this at the District Costco. Just a few weeks ago I encountered an over-dressed, over made-up, over surgurically-enhanced blonde housewife type there that rolled up in a beautiful black Escalade ESV.</blockquote>

Oh sure, there are always at least one or two of those botox freakshows walking around just about everywhere you go. But they are certainly the exception rather than the norm --- unless you are spending too much time at Javier's in Newport Coast. And I will note (as a frequent traveler) you will find those freaks in every city. Ever been to Dallas?

The whole point here is, Panda really should not take this group of characters literally as what women are like in OC --- or probably even in Coto for that matter.

[quote author="T!m" date=1228201734][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1228050104]Well orange county may be a bit of an overstatement... maybe some of the beach communities.

</blockquote>

That show has people from CdC, which is NOT a beach community. If I had the money to afford their lifestyle, I wouldn't live in CdC, I would live in a beach community. I don't understand why someone would by a multi-million dollar house in Coto rather than in Crystal Cove or somewhere like that. Anyone know?</blockquote>

the horsey set likes it. and big lots for more privacy. and the aura of 'old money'.

I know this is a total waste of time but I am bored. Did anyone see Vicky BLAME her best friend Jeanna Uber-realtor for MAKING her buy that second albetross of a house. How quaint.

Forgot about this thread.

I watched it Tuesday night with a GF that went out with Simon Barney

a couple times.

Guess their house is sitting on the market too.

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Ladera-Ranch/3-Pointe-Cir-92694/home/5963188">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Ladera-Ranch/3-Pointe-Cir-92694/home/5963188</a>

They started out at $ 1.59M and are market chasing already.

Relisted at $ 1.525M. I think $ 1.3M is where it would move.

I like the new way of looking at being laid off. "I want to spend more time with my family, and now I am an entrepreneur....yah that's the ticket!!!"

[quote author="morekaos" date=1228438865]I know this is a total waste of time but I am bored. Did anyone see Vicky BLAME her best friend Jeanna Uber-realtor for MAKING her buy that second albetross of a house. How quaint.</blockquote>
Was that on this week's show?

Yah, they were both getting their nails done or some such nonsense and away from Jeanna she made that statement after getting a phone call about trying to evict her current tenant...too much comedy.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1228443280]Yah, they were both getting their nails done or some such nonsense and away from Jeanna she made that statement after getting a phone call about trying to evict her current tenant...too much comedy.</blockquote>

The claws are already coming out.

Besides Jeanna and Vicki, Tamra and Gretchen are already squaring off.

My favorite person is Lauri. "I'm so happy, I'm so blessed, my life is perfect. By the way, my son is a heroin junkie who is in and out of jail, but I have never been so happy in my entire life because I married a rich man."

My favorite part was Laurie mocking her daughter for "not having a clue" unlike her. I almost spit out my drink she Laurie said "not a day goes by when I don't talk business plans with George." With the exception of a brief stint selling insurance for Vicki I thought her business plans were limited to finding increasingly wealthy men to marry.

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1228445319]My favorite part was Laurie mocking her daughter for "not having a clue" unlike her. I almost spit out my drink she Laurie said "not a day goes by when I don't talk business plans with George." With the exception of a brief stint selling insurance for Vicki I thought her business plans were limited to finding increasingly wealthy men to marry.</blockquote>

Say what you will but give her props she scored on that one.

They practically live at the St. Regis.

On another note, it breaks my heart to see Gretchen with the older version of Kenny Rogers.

There is no way that clown George could possibly keep this up. He comes off dumber than a rock. Real estate developer? Puleeeez!

[quote author="morekaos" date=1228446329]There is no way that clown George could possibly keep this up. He comes off dumber than a rock. Real estate developer? Puleeeez!</blockquote>
Yeah, who is this George guy? What kind of real estate does he develop? What development firm does he own? I work in the real estate development industry and know of the big players and he is not anyone I have heard of.

My favorite part was the other women saying Gretchen seemed fake, when she's the only one with real breasts. Do these people have any sense of themselves?

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1228446124][quote author="NewToOC" date=1228445319]My favorite part was Laurie mocking her daughter for "not having a clue" unlike her. I almost spit out my drink she Laurie said "not a day goes by when I don't talk business plans with George." With the exception of a brief stint selling insurance for Vicki I thought her business plans were limited to finding increasingly wealthy men to marry.</blockquote>

On another note, it breaks my heart to see Gretchen with the older version of Kenny Rogers.</blockquote>

Ten

She is back on the market.

Her "dude" Jeff has passed away from his Leukemia.

George is a real stand up guy..

<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/gina-george-rodman-2083416-house-cars">'Real Housewives' hubby kicks ex-wife out of home (7/3/08)</a>

[quote author="bltserv" date=1228447023][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1228446124][quote author="NewToOC" date=1228445319]My favorite part was Laurie mocking her daughter for "not having a clue" unlike her. I almost spit out my drink she Laurie said "not a day goes by when I don't talk business plans with George." With the exception of a brief stint selling insurance for Vicki I thought her business plans were limited to finding increasingly wealthy men to marry.</blockquote>

On another note, it breaks my heart to see Gretchen with the older version of Kenny Rogers.</blockquote>

Ten

She is back on the market.

Her "dude" Jeff has passed away from his Leukemia.</blockquote>

Knew about the Leukemia, didn?t know he passed.

That?s unfortunate.

He actually seemed like a really nice guy that genuinely cared about her.

One of his friends from Coto was at the Thanksgiving dinner I attended this year.

Jeff was a really great guy who loved the ladies. And Gretchen did a

good job of filling that role for him at the end of his life.

Back