Real Housewives of OC update

Well orange county may be a bit of an overstatement... maybe some of the beach communities.

But nowhere near what real people are like. Goodluck

-bix

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1228050104]Well orange county may be a bit of an overstatement... maybe some of the beach communities.

-bix</blockquote>

Bix, when you say nowhere near what real people are like... Please elaborate...

No_vaseline, so are you telling me that the real housewives of OC is for real??? I mean these women are seriously, outrageously, ridiculously high maintenance that Panda can't even afford. No wonder why divorce rates are so high in OC. I feel sorry for the poor OC men married to these OC housewives.

Real people just like you or me. The high maintence is usually only for the real fakers.... And they usually do it to themselves.

You see alot of them trying to look younger, be more extravently rich, stand out. Ironically when my wife and I go out, we dress normally. We stand out even more being ourselves... :lol:

good luck

-bix

Panda --- It's a *TV* show. I am sure that even these women (as horrible as they probably are) are not half as over the top in their real lives. Drivel like this and most every reality show sensationalize the worst traits in people, so all the simpletons at home can watch and feel better about themselves. Please place crapola like this in the proper perspective. Don't be so gullible to think this show (or any reality show from any city) is representative of the people you would encounter at Target or Costco or the park.

[quote author="CK" date=1228053567]Panda --- It's a *TV* show. I am sure that even these women (as horrible as they probably are) are not half as over the top in their real lives. Drivel like this and most every reality show sensationalize the worst traits in people, so all the simpletons at home can watch and feel better about themselves. Please place crapola like this in the proper perspective. Don't be so gullible to think this show (or any reality show from any city) is representative of the people you would encounter at Target or Costco or the park.</blockquote>

No, you have to go to Fashion Island or the shops at MV to find these people. They don't shop at Target or Costco.

And Panda, Asian/AA don't live in their towns, sorry.

[quote author="PANDA DREAMING OF IRVINE" date=1228051316][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1228050104]Well orange county may be a bit of an overstatement... maybe some of the beach communities.

-bix</blockquote>

Bix, when you say nowhere near what real people are like... Please elaborate...

No_vaseline, so are you telling me that the real housewives of OC is for real??? I mean these women are seriously, outrageously, ridiculously high maintenance that Panda can't even afford. No wonder why divorce rates are so high in OC. I feel sorry for the poor OC men married to these OC housewives.</blockquote>

My wife works near Jamboree and El Camino. I've taken her to lunch twice in the past two weeks and gotten the mad dog stares that scream "COMMONER!".

I don't think the divorce rates are that high here. The men are just as fake as the women.

Yeah... it is totally real. Slade Smiley says he is rich, so it must be true, right? Or maybe not... <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/a-real-housedebtor-of-oc/">since his house in Coto was foreclosed on</a>.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1228066058]Yeah... it is totally real. Slade Smiley says he is rich, so it must be true, right? Or maybe not... <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/blog/comments/a-real-housedebtor-of-oc/">since his house in Coto was foreclosed on</a>.</blockquote>

The attitudes are totally real, even if the incomes and money are not.

Oh wait, I guess that makes it totally real.

[quote author="CK" date=1228053567]Panda --- It's a *TV* show. I am sure that even these women (as horrible as they probably are) are not half as over the top in their real lives. Drivel like this and most every reality show sensationalize the worst traits in people, so all the simpletons at home can watch and feel better about themselves. Please place crapola like this in the proper perspective. Don't be so gullible to think this show (or any reality show from any city) is representative of the people you would encounter at Target or Costco or the park.</blockquote>

Indeed. The producers found a handful of attention whores who would say and do obnoxious things on camera. And the producers were looking to make a profitable TV show, not accurately represent the racial/cultural breakdown of OC.

Look at it as comedy. Laugh at them. I have laughed at Vicki several times. My favorite moment of all time on that show was the look on her son's face when she marched into his frat house with beer: "wooooooo!" ROFL!

[quote author="caycifish" date=1228181448]

Look at it as comedy. Laugh at them. I have laughed at Vicki several times. My favorite moment of all time on that show was the look on her son's face when she marched into his frat house with beer: "wooooooo!" ROFL!</blockquote>

That was totally funny.

My biggest fear in college was having my mom show up unannounced like that.

She handled it well, did a keg stand and drank from the beer bong.

Go Vicki!

Oh I beg to differ brutha CK. I have seen some ladies like this at the District Costco. Just a few weeks ago I encountered an over-dressed, over made-up, over surgurically-enhanced blonde housewife type there that rolled up in a beautiful black Escalade ESV.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1228042896]Guys,

I saw some of video clips of the Real House Wives of Orange County on Youtube and Bravo TV. Please tell me this is not the real deal lifestyle of Irvine.

-Concerned Panda</blockquote>

That show takes place in Coto de Caza, yes CdC is in "The O.C." but that show does NOT represent Orange County.

[quote author="PANDA DREAMING OF IRVINE" date=1228047065]

I was hoping to see atleast one Korean or one Chinese Housewife. That is what would make this show "REAL" </blockquote>

I can assure you that in the nice areas of Irvine there is no shortage of Asian women. I am Caucasian and feel like an oddball when I go shop at Woodbury Town Center. Although Irvine is... what... 33% Asian, that number seems to be more highly concentrated in the newer areas. I would definitely say it's a minority-majority here. As Gotti pointed out, the show mainly focuses on characters who live in Coto. Btw, has anyone noticed the Villages of Irvine magazine and advertisements they send out feature almost only Asians? <a href="http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Residences/Villages-of-Irvine-Magazine.aspx">The cover, the hiking photo, the articles, etc. </a> I think you would fit in here, Panda.

I laugh at this.... these guys make out they have lots of money.... no the REAL rich people don't live in Coto. And the one wealthy guy I know in Coto has the biggest property as well as guards wherever he goes. He's some sort of financial person....

Anyways good luck

-bix

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1228195098][quote author="PANDA DREAMING OF IRVINE" date=1228047065]

I was hoping to see atleast one Korean or one Chinese Housewife. That is what would make this show "REAL" </blockquote>

I can assure you that in the nice areas of Irvine there is no shortage of Asian women. I am Caucasian and feel like an oddball when I go shop at Woodbury Town Center. Although Irvine is... what... 33% Asian, that number seems to be more highly concentrated in the newer areas. I would definitely say it's a minority-majority here. As Gotti pointed out, the show mainly focuses on characters who live in Coto. Btw, has anyone noticed the Villages of Irvine magazine and advertisements they send out feature almost only Asians? <a href="http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Residences/Villages-of-Irvine-Magazine.aspx">The cover, the hiking photo, the articles, etc. </a> I think you would fit in here, Panda.</blockquote>

That is Irvine, but not the show. I find that the population of A/AA drops significantly as one moves south towards Coto. Even the more downscale RSM is much less than Irvine. Also true in NPB/Laguna/DP

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1228050104]Well orange county may be a bit of an overstatement... maybe some of the beach communities.

</blockquote>

That show has people from CdC, which is NOT a beach community. If I had the money to afford their lifestyle, I wouldn't live in CdC, I would live in a beach community. I don't understand why someone would by a multi-million dollar house in Coto rather than in Crystal Cove or somewhere like that. Anyone know?

[quote author="T!m" date=1228201734][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1228050104]Well orange county may be a bit of an overstatement... maybe some of the beach communities.

</blockquote>

That show has people from CdC, which is NOT a beach community. If I had the money to afford their lifestyle, I wouldn't live in CdC, I would live in a beach community. I don't understand why someone would by a multi-million dollar house in Coto rather than in Crystal Cove or somewhere like that. Anyone know?</blockquote>

Not all of the characters reside in Coto. For example, Quinn is in San Clemente. Tammy moved to the I.E., and Tamra's house (the one up for sale) is in Ladera.

Back