Real Housewives of OC update

[quote author="lendingmaestro" date=1226472904]Slade Smiley's place was taken back by countrywide in Feb and it is STILL OCCUPIED. It has still not been listed for sale yet. 8798.63 still owed in backtaxes and 84,028 in accrued interest. The last payment made was in April of 2007!!! What a scam!</blockquote>

You mean occupied by renters or Slade? Last I heard, in passing, was that he moved to L.A. to help with Jo's "music career." Wasn't he a VP of some title insurance company or something? I'm sure he's hurting now, big time. And he's such an AmJack douche.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1226452417][quote author="xsocal land merchant" date=1226398770]awgee

The health benifits at SAG are fairly good provided a member works some minimum amount of hours per year of TV, voiceover, or radio. I don't believe print media helps in the hours.

I have faith that a member here will be able to find out scale of reality show performers. They may get some income from speaking or other PR gigs.

Between the Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and OC Housewives shows there are a lot of folks floating arount OC involved.

Enjoy!</blockquote>

It mainly depends on the success of the show.

Tamra joined the show after Jo left and wasn?t part of the original cast.

Most likely, she?s making less then some of her other cast mates.

On the hit show the Hills, LC makes the most followed by Heidi and Spencer.

The other cast members don?t make as much but are still compensated well, 6 figures at the very least.</blockquote>

You are correct that LC, Heidi and Spencer make the most. I also agree that Tamra is most likely making less than some original housewives. On the hills, some of the other cast members make between 5 - 30k per episode, not exactly 6 figures. I am also pretty sure (not positive) Bravo is one of the lowest paying for reality shows, so I doubt these ladies are making anything close to what LC, Heidi, and Spencer are making.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1226452417][quote author="xsocal land merchant" date=1226398770]awgee

The health benifits at SAG are fairly good provided a member works some minimum amount of hours per year of TV, voiceover, or radio. I don't believe print media helps in the hours.

I have faith that a member here will be able to find out scale of reality show performers. They may get some income from speaking or other PR gigs.

Between the Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and OC Housewives shows there are a lot of folks floating arount OC involved.

Enjoy!</blockquote>

It mainly depends on the success of the show.

Tamra joined the show after Jo left and wasn?t part of the original cast.

Most likely, she?s making less then some of her other cast mates.

On the hit show the Hills, LC makes the most followed by Heidi and Spencer.

The other cast members don?t make as much but are still compensated well, 6 figures at the very least.</blockquote>

This was on Perez Hilton as well as TMZ a month or so ago:

Lauren Conrad: $75,000 per episode

Heidi Montag: $65,000 per episode

Spencer Pratt: $65,000 per episode

Audrina Patridge: $35,000 per episode

Whitney Port: $20,000 per episode

Brody Jenner: $10,000 per episode

Lauren ?Lo? Bosworth: $10,000 per episode

Stephanie Pratt: $8,000 per episode

[quote author="stepping_up" date=1226447194]I thought it was hilarious that they think their house will sell for more than 20% of its 2005 price, but they will be able to pick up a bargain?</blockquote>

Seriously though. House prices in her neck of the woods are at what 2004 or earlier levels? I'm sure many of you saw the article about how delusional 50% of the American population is about the value of their house in thinking that in the last year their home has not lost value and has actually appreciated. Some professor interviewed for the story said that it was because of arrogance. We think we are better than others and our houses are an extension of ourselves. So, while our neighbor's house decreased in value, ours went up because our house is better. These people seem to be very much in that category. Does she think that because she's a B- star for a blip in time that someone will want to pay more than market value for her house? Please.

The other thing that gave me a chuckle when I read the article yesterday morning was her complaining about people in their driveway wanting to take a look. When she signed up for the reality show, didn't she think about that? I bet she actually likes it more than her "woe is me" attitude about it. Besides, it won't be that much longer before no one will have a clue as to who she is.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but these kinds of people really irk me.

[quote author="BMP 309" date=1226477457]

Stephanie Pratt: $8,000 per episode</blockquote>

How many episodes in a year - 20? That's some major bank!

[quote author="JLegend" date=1226476564][quote author="lendingmaestro" date=1226472904]Slade Smiley's place was taken back by countrywide in Feb and it is STILL OCCUPIED. It has still not been listed for sale yet. 8798.63 still owed in backtaxes and 84,028 in accrued interest. The last payment made was in April of 2007!!! What a scam!</blockquote>

You mean occupied by renters or Slade? Last I heard, in passing, was that he moved to L.A. to help with Jo's "music career." Wasn't he a VP of some title insurance company or something? I'm sure he's hurting now, big time. And he's such an AmJack douche.</blockquote>
Jo's music career? haha Don't forget about that "Date my ex" show on Bravo, that crap was too funny.

[quote author="T!m" date=1226477992][quote author="BMP 309" date=1226477457]

How many episodes in a year - 20? That's some major bank!</blockquote>

I used to wonder how they could afford that lifestyle working as an "intern".

[quote author="ABC123" date=1226478372][quote author="T!m" date=1226477992][quote author="BMP 309" date=1226477457]

How many episodes in a year - 20? That's some major bank!</blockquote>

I used to wonder how they could afford that lifestyle working as an "intern".</blockquote>
Ahh yes, that's what they call "Hollywood" reality. How good of a show would it be if they lived in Santa Ana and worked at MacDonalds? haha

[quote author="lendingmaestro" date=1226472904]Slade Smiley's place was taken back by countrywide in Feb and it is STILL OCCUPIED. It has still not been listed for sale yet. 8798.63 still owed in backtaxes and 84,028 in accrued interest. The last payment made was in April of 2007!!! What a scam!</blockquote>
That is so classic, the douche got what he deserved. I wonder how being Jo's manager is going? haha

[quote author="morekaos" date=1226491041]Wow Vicki has dropped a total of $100,000.00 in 173 days? That Jeana is one shrewd agent with a first rate pricing strategy. She sure knows how to move real estate.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/2-Altimira-92679/home/11913320</blockquote>
Oh man, that's just too funny. The OC Housewives calmity continues. What's next Lauri's rich developer husband files for bankruptcy? The biggest joke is that property is listed at $424/sqft...talk about WTF pricing. Btw, what was her purchase price? I'd love to see a short sale/REO on this property.

Countrywide sold it to a very nice family in about February or March.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1226491511][quote author="morekaos" date=1226491041]Wow Vicki has dropped a total of $100,000.00 in 173 days? That Jeana is one shrewd agent with a first rate pricing strategy. She sure knows how to move real estate.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/2-Altimira-92679/home/11913320</blockquote>
Oh man, that's just too funny. The OC Housewives calmity continues. What's next Lauri's rich developer husband files for bankruptcy? The biggest joke is that property is listed at $424/sqft...talk about WTF pricing. Btw, what was her purchase price? I'd love to see a short sale/REO on this property.</blockquote>

Some areas of Coto are selling for more than $424 per sq. ft., but the 2 Altimira property is in the Meritage tract which is going for $300 per or less.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1226491511][quote author="morekaos" date=1226491041]Wow Vicki has dropped a total of $100,000.00 in 173 days? That Jeana is one shrewd agent with a first rate pricing strategy. She sure knows how to move real estate.

Oh man, that's just too funny. The OC Housewives calmity continues. What's next Lauri's rich developer husband files for bankruptcy? The biggest joke is that property is listed at $424/sqft...talk about WTF pricing. Btw, what was her purchase price? I'd love to see a short sale/REO on this property.</blockquote>

It gets better. Vicki has been building an even bigger monstrosity out in the sticks. The insurance business is not (I know) going gangbusters so she is paying two massive monthly mortgage nuts with little new income. This nut will crack soon and I hope they show it this season.

Guys,

I saw some of video clips of the Real House Wives of Orange County on Youtube and Bravo TV. Please tell me this is not the real deal lifestyle of Irvine.

-Concerned Panda

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1228045057]If "Real Housewives" wasn't it, what exactly were you dreaming of?</blockquote>

I was hoping to see atleast one Korean or one Chinese Housewife. That is what would make this show "REAL"

More like "FAKE" Housewives of Orange County.

Back