Quail Hill Center. Status on Closures ?

I guess this is the "Quail Hill Center Thread" now.

That damn cleaners is about to lose my business. It sure aint "My Favorite Cleaners".

When I moved in she was charging about $ 4.50 a shirt for Dry Cleaning

my good Tommy Bahama Shirts. Thats was $ 1.50 more than my old cleaner in Orange.

But they came out nicer and it was convienent/close.

Then she jacked it to $5.00 then $5.50 then $6.00. I went to get my shirts the

other day. She is now at $ 7.00. I guess if you have a million dollar home in Shady

its no biggy. But its an insult to charge that much to dry clean a shirt IMO.

And did the dry cleaners pick the most inconvenient location or what?

They would have been better served on the side next to Starbucks (like where the postal center is) because at least there is parking right in front.

Parking where they currently are is so horrible because all the diners/nail patrons park there.

Go try Sunny Fresh Cleaners (next to Ralph's at Alton & Jeffrey). Very organized, cheaper, and good quality. If you get that big envelope of coupons, they usually have one for Sunny Fresh Cleaners in there.

[quote author="Anonymous" date=1237515556]Go try Sunny Fresh Cleaners (next to Ralph's at Alton & Jeffrey). Very organized, cheaper, and good quality. If you get that big envelope of coupons, they usually have one for Sunny Fresh Cleaners in there.</blockquote>

Thanks Much.

That was my next question. Whats close and IHB approved.

The art/frame gallery store in QH is liquidating I believe as well so that's a sure fire sign they are closing or at least relocating. They had everything at 50% off the other day but will ramp up to 70% I believe. I didn't see anything I liked that was worth the money imo but different strokes...

I do wonder how some stores exist with such high TIC leases.

- Frame stores

- Shoe repair

- Postal center (non-UPS owned)

- Carpet/flooring

- Quiznos (hehe)

Nice title-fu BTW.

I wouldn't be suprised if a few of those retailers were gonna go dark...we know Juice It Up is out in April but I think Dogma and a few other ones have to be on death watch because I never see anyone in them.

Since the title changed, I guess this link goes here too:

Recession rolls into upscale Irvine shopping center

<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/irvine-orange-county-2332326-retail-quail">http://www.ocregister.com/articles/irvine-orange-county-2332326-retail-quail</a>

This little tidbit sounds like someone from IHB wrote it:

<em>

The neighboring village, also called Quail Hill, has seen relatively few bank repossessions, but a wave may be on the way. Seven homes out of 1,646 are in foreclosure, fourteen have defaulted and seven others are up for auction, according to foreclosureradar.com.

</em>

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1237469082]Yeah... when BofA was first being built... I thought it was a fast-food joint because it had a drive-thru... then when they put the 'Coming Soon' sign up... I thought "Another bank?".</blockquote>

rumor had it the BoA spot was for In-n-Out, then it bailed for some reason.

that nail salon is super-jammed every time i walk by, i hope it'll expand to five times its current size, then become the biggest cougar-hunting ground in irvine

a fancy restaurant would be nice (hey TIC, are you reading this???)

[quote author="almon" date=1237548730][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1237469082]Yeah... when BofA was first being built... I thought it was a fast-food joint because it had a drive-thru... then when they put the 'Coming Soon' sign up... I thought "Another bank?".</blockquote>

rumor had it the BoA spot was for In-n-Out, then it bailed for some reason.

that nail salon is super-jammed every time i walk by, i hope it'll expand to five times its current size, then become the biggest cougar-hunting ground in irvine

a fancy restaurant would be nice (hey TIC, are you reading this???)</blockquote>
Could you image the traffic nightmare with an In'N'Out there??? But then again I'd probably be eating there every night. haha

I think if they want to see more business in that shopping center, they should remove the gates at Shady Canyon so UCI students and staff can have direct access. Of course, this would probably make Turtle Rock Residents scream.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1237585255]I think if they want to see more business in that shopping center, they should remove the gates at Shady Canyon so UCI students and staff can have direct access. Of course, this would probably make Turtle Rock Residents scream.</blockquote>

You got it all wrong. Shady gates are there to keep the underwater flippers in, not to keep UCI students out. I mean, really, who would you rather hang out with?

Like a debtors' prison.

That's the thing... the QH Center is really a neighborhood center as most of the people who will shop there are only QH/SC residents.

Unless you have a place that's unique and people have to go there (like the Cox store)... you're pretty much resigned to a limited audience.

Before moving to QH... I only visited that center once for Nalu's... it's too far from the majority of the other Irvine residential areas.

Maybe someone should open a Cash4Gold... hehe.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1237513697]I guess this is the "Quail Hill Center Thread" now.

That damn cleaners is about to lose my business. It sure aint "My Favorite Cleaners".

When I moved in she was charging about $ 4.50 a shirt for Dry Cleaning

my good Tommy Bahama Shirts. Thats was $ 1.50 more than my old cleaner in Orange.

But they came out nicer and it was convienent/close.

Then she jacked it to $5.00 then $5.50 then $6.00. I went to get my shirts the

other day. She is now at $ 7.00. I guess if you have a million dollar home in Shady

its no biggy. But its an insult to charge that much to dry clean a shirt IMO.</blockquote>

They lost my business at $6. I switched over to the cleaners at Oak Creek center. They are nearly as convenient as Quail Hill.

[quote author="earthbm" date=1237592697][quote author="ABC123" date=1237585255]I think if they want to see more business in that shopping center, they should remove the gates at Shady Canyon so UCI students and staff can have direct access. Of course, this would probably make Turtle Rock Residents scream.</blockquote>

You got it all wrong. Shady gates are there to keep the underwater flippers in, not to keep UCI students out. I mean, really, who would you rather hang out with?

Like a debtors' prison.</blockquote>

Plus, why would we want to drive 5 miles down there, when we can go to the university center, or over to the jamboree/michealson area?

Even southcoast plaza is closer, or at least quicker to get to, than QH, from UniHills

Bacchus? Secret Cellar update

Recession story: Managing the business he used to own

<A href="http://irvineretail.freedomblogging.com/2009/09/23/recession-story-managing-the-business-he-used-to-own/5285/">http://irvineretail.freedomblogging.com/2009/09/23/recession-story-managing-the-business-he-used-to-own/5285/</A>

I have been to QH shopping center a couple of times for lunch usually business related. The center like IHO said service the residents of QH and SC. As usual I observed the usually snobbish attitude of the residents. The lunch crowds are mostly from the near by business parks. Jade Garden IMO is just marginal and hope that their good service would save this Chinglish restaurant.

From a link in another thread:

<a href="http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM5B1E_Heather_Locklears_Albertsons">Heather Locklear's Albertsons</a>. I was avoiding that albertsons because it smelled like a sewer the last time I was there and I find the employees to be as snobby as the residents in the area, but now that I know Heather Locklear shops there, I might be back.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1254370533]From a link in another thread:

<a href="http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM5B1E_Heather_Locklears_Albertsons">Heather Locklear's Albertsons</a>. I was avoiding that albertsons because it smelled like a sewer the last time I was there and I find the employees to be as snobby as the residents in the area, but now that I know Heather Locklear shops there, I might be back.</blockquote>

I shop here all the time! I'm totally gonna keep an eye out for her. How exciting!

QH is snobby? BTW, I saw that one designer from "Design Star" Season 3 (Jennifer?) at that Albertson's.

And it's Crystal Jade... there is a Jade Palace off of Irvine Blvd and a China Garden off of Jeffrey.

Back