Protest, Riot, Curfew

The old man was known to the city police as an active agitator for riots and looting in the prior days. I am not saying he deserved to bleed on the street, but he was actively looking for a trouble.
https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/06/buffalo-mayor-knocked-down-elderly-man-agitator-martin-gugino-cops/
Mayor Brown said Gugino had been a "key and major instigator" of people who'd been looting and vandalizing the city ... and because it was after curfew, police were clearing the scene "for the safety of protesters."

qwerty said:
To eyephones point - 57 officers resign in Buffalo PD response team because two of the cops were suspended. If they are that stupid to resign over this they probably shouldn?t be cops anyway. They are an incident waiting to happen.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/75-old-man-shoved-ground-142946876.html

They got a cold shoulder and zero tolerance while being put in the front line of the fight to the city law and order. Put yourself in their shoes, how much patience would you have, if you get constantly provoked.
Probably the old man didn't deserve the push, but he had been actively interfering with the police actions in the recent days. He totally deserved the arrest, and this is what should've happened.

Does the mayor have some video evidence of that key and major instigator?

Seriously, blue smear 101.  Hmm, whacked out on drugs won?t work, he?s an instigator.

And JIMHO, if he is a known instigator, arrest and cuff him on the spot, you don?t assault.

Do it right, give him the paddy wagon rough ride and everybody say they have no idea how his neck got broke on the the way there.

nosuchreality said:

Seriously, blue smear 101.  Hmm, whacked out on drugs won?t work, he?s an instigator.

And JIMHO, if he is a known instigator, arrest and cuff him on the spot, you don?t assault.

Do it right, give him the paddy wagon rough ride and everybody say they have no idea how his neck got broke on the the way there.
I agree, pushing him was not the brightest idea, however arresting 75yo would probably be a terrible move, sparking even more outrage from BLM. Then again, the police could've used a softer approach to remove him from the sight.
My point is that the old fella was purposely provoking the police, he's not an innocent victim of the police brutality.

adventurous said:
nosuchreality said:

I agree, pushing him was not the brightest idea, however arresting 75yo would probably be a terrible move, sparking even more outrage from BLM. Then again, the police could've used a softer approach to remove him from the sight.
My point is that the old fella was purposely provoking the police, he's not an innocent victim of the police brutality.

If the police can?t handle a 75 yr old holding a sign and saying words without using excessive force... 

It?s the no accountability issue.  Arrest, charge.  Beating their head  in and pounding them into the ground isn?t acceptable from police, it?s dangerous.  It, IMHO, is why we?ve switch to the militarized overwhelming force and escalation from policing instead of deescalation

In addition if he?s known to police, then it?s even more clearly an abuse as they know he is just a mouth and not a  physical threat.  If police can?t control their temper, we can?t trust  them to be armed.

There is a systemic problem that causes police violence against Black people.

Question #1 - Who set up the system? Who is running the system?

The Democrats present themselves as the party of tolerance and inclusion and look down on Republicans as racists.

But the cities with the greatest police brutality problem, including Minneapolis, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington DC, Oakland, etc. have been run by Democrats for decades (Minneapolis) if not generations (Chicago).

The vast majority of police officers have never used any force in their entire sometimes decades long careers. A small minority of cops are responsible for most of the violence and these cops have lengthy histories of using violence. When a cop kills someone, it is rarely the first time he has used violence against someone; it is usually the culmination of a long record of abuse.

Question #2 -  Why not just fire these problem officers before their behavior escalates to murder?

The answers to Question #1 and #2 are Democrats and labor unions.

Cops are able to abuse their power because the system allows them to get away with it. It is almost impossible to fire a cop. The laws shielding police officers from accountability were written by labor unions. Getting rid of problem officers is a systemic solution to a systemic problem but that won?t be possible without shining a light on union influence on the system. This means politicians, especially Democrats, must forgo the cash and muscle unions lavish on them and put the interests of the people first.

uber: fighting racism with racism

Uber Eats stops charging delivery fees to black-owned restaurants

Uber said it will make changes to its ride-hailing app and Uber Eats delivery service to support black-owned businesses.

In an email to customers late Thursday, CEO Dara Khosrowshahi said Uber Eats will promote black-owned restaurants on its app, and that the service will not charge delivery fees to those restaurants ?for the remainder of the year.?

Uber will also offer discounted rides to black-owned small businesses ?who have been hit hard by COVID-19,? though it did not add how much of a discount would be given.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/uber-eats-stops-charging-delivery-fees-to-black-owned-restaurants

nosuchreality said:
If the police can?t handle a 75 yr old holding a sign and saying words without using excessive force... 
I wouldn't say it was a clear case of the intentional harm. Cops didn't put him in a chokehold, or sprayed with the gas. It was a push, that ended up badly, in the situation, when the old fella was actively asking for a trouble, interfering with the police activities.
nosuchreality said:
It?s the no accountability issue.  Arrest, charge.  Beating their head  in and pounding them into the ground isn?t acceptable from police, it?s dangerous.  It, IMHO, is why we?ve switch to the militarized overwhelming force and escalation from policing instead of deescalation
Yes, under the normal circumstances, arrest and charge would be imminent. However, arresting 75yo agitator these days is just pouring gas into a fire.
nosuchreality said:
In addition if he?s known to police, then it?s even more clearly an abuse as they know he is just a mouth and not a  physical threat.  If police can?t control their temper, we can?t trust  them to be armed.
These "just mouthes" sparked the outrage and provoked other low-liife thugs to destroy cities. I doubt these speeches is covered under 1A

adventurous said:
Kings said:
This country went nuts.

You mean like tear gassing the priest of the church rendering first aid to the non-violent protesters your henchmen tear gassed so you could walk over and do a photo op at that church but not actually go in?

nosuchreality said:
adventurous said:
Kings said:
This country went nuts.

You mean like tear gassing the priest of the church rendering first aid to the non-violent protesters your henchmen tear gassed so you could walk over and do a photo op at that church but not actually go in?

It is called authoritarianism.  ;)

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.

Sometimes people who feel they have nothing left to lose will act like it.

This is very clear by look at Black household wealth. Median Black household wealth went from $14,000 in 2001, to $10,400 in 2007, to $6,700 in 2010, to $1700 in 2013. The median wealth of black American is projected to fall to 0 by 2053.

Police brutality may be what triggered the start of the uprising, but it's not the only root cause.

nosuchreality said:
I believe I already answered this question earlier. Come and block my driveway, you won't really like the consequences.
It you strongly believe your right to protest supersedes my freedoms, you probably want to think it again.

Kenkoko said:
Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.

Sometimes people who feel they have nothing left to lose will act like it.

This is very clear by look at Black household wealth. Median Black household wealth went from $14,000 in 2001, to $10,400 in 2007, to $6,700 in 2010, to $1700 in 2013. The median wealth of black American is projected to fall to 0 by 2053.

Police brutality may be what triggered the start of the uprising, but it's not the only root cause.

Candace Owens has quite an interesting answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPfoEvNJ74

nosuchreality said:
adventurous said:
Kings said:
This country went nuts.

Attack your own people with force which sounds like China or Old Communist East Germany. I bet Trump would of used tanks if that was an option. (Tiananmen Square Massacre)
#dictator

People like to talk pay.  Take a gander through public pay databases.  Irvine PD is a good example, Median Police pay is $150,000K, $220K total pay and benefits.

Santa Ana runs the same, median pay a smidge lower at $149K, pay and benies at $255K though.

LAPD runs lower, $120K and $180K, likely due to the heavy turnover and all the new hires.  Still median actual pay is $120K.

When I hire someone at $150K plus bonuses & benies at work, I have pretty expectations for professional and competency. Shouldn't we have the same for our police?

nosuchreality said:
People like to talk pay.  Take a gander through public pay databases.  Irvine PD is a good example, Median Police pay is $150,000K, $220K total pay and benefits.

Santa Ana runs the same, median pay a smidge lower at $149K, pay and benies at $255K though.

LAPD runs lower, $120K and $180K, likely due to the heavy turnover and all the new hires.  Still median actual pay is $120K.

When I hire someone at $150K plus bonuses & benies at work, I have pretty expectations for professional and competency. Shouldn't we have the same for our police?
They are paid well for much higher chances (esp. in LA and SA) to not come back home from the work shift. The police job is available for everyone. I don't see long lines of the citizens applying for it, tho

adventurous said:
nosuchreality said:

They are paid well for much higher chances (esp. in LA and SA) to not come back home from the work shift. The police job is available for everyone. I don't see long lines of the citizens applying for it, tho

Actually, there are. 

And red herring

Just like your driveway red herring.  The Whitehouse is a Government building.

nosuchreality said:
Actually, there are. 
Really? How many of them would pass the PA entrance test?
nosuchreality said:
And red herring

The White House is the official residence of the President of the United States. You believe you may block out the President in his residence and limit his ability to go outside?
But ifrst, I would dare anyone to block my house. I am no President, I have no tear gas bombs or military squad sitting in my garage,  but my response will carry out the life-long lesson for anyone, who is so bravely stupid

adventurous said:
nosuchreality said:
Actually, there are. 
Really? How many of them would pass the PA entrance test?
nosuchreality said:
And red herring

The White House is the official residence of the President of the United States. You believe you may block out the President in his residence and limit his ability to go outside?
But ifrst, I would dare anyone to block my house. I am no President, I have no tear gas bombs or military squad sitting in my garage,  but my response will carry out the life-long lesson for anyone, who is so bravely stupid

blah blah blah, that didn't work well for the Newport Beach guy in his car, it won't work for you.

The President wasn't blocked.  More false arguments.  The President wanted to do a photo op because his pride got hurt for hiding in the bunker.

Back