Presidential Elections

I don't buy a lot of the media narratives out there about why Trump isn't conceding.

I do not think Trump is trying to ?make his base happy? or ?laying the groundwork for his own network?

Or something ridiculous the left wing media loves to throw out there - 'chaos is what he loves?

I think he (and his team) knows he?s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy. This defines his every action. What we?re seeing is a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression. It's a desperate endgame play - to create enough chaos and  anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, and the fear of irreparable damage to the system. All that so he can cut a Nixon style deal in exchange for finally conceding.

It isn't about personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos and threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit.

Kenkoko said:
I don't buy a lot of the media narratives out there about why Trump isn't conceding.

I do not think Trump is trying to ?make his base happy? or ?laying the groundwork for his own network?

Or something ridiculous the left wing media loves to throw out there - 'chaos is what he loves?

I think he (and his team) knows he?s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy. This defines his every action. What we?re seeing is a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression. It's a desperate endgame play - to create enough chaos and  anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, and the fear of irreparable damage to the system. All that so he can cut a Nixon style deal in exchange for finally conceding.

It isn't about personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos and threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit.

The reports have been going on for months that Ex-President Trump and all his family have been terrified of all the criminal charges that will be levelled on them after he leaves office.

The New York state AG and Manhattan DA most likely have cases ready to go.

I think there's literally like 5 cases of Covid in Taiwan right now?

600+ TOTAL for the entire pandemic, and most of the latest case are from people arriving from outside of the country.

irvinehomeowner said:
Should have probably stayed in Taiwan.

Covid going to get crazy here. :)

Unfortunately, I can't remote work forever. Also vacation days ran out  :'(

It's night and day difference. Coming back is really a big adjustment, not a happy camper right now.

icey said:
Kenkoko said:

The reports have been going on for months that Ex-President Trump and all his family have been terrified of all the criminal charges that will be levelled on them after he leaves office.

The New York state AG and Manhattan DA most likely have cases ready to go.

I think there's literally like 5 cases of Covid in Taiwan right now?

600+ TOTAL for the entire pandemic, and most of the latest case are from people arriving from outside of the country.

Covid is very much under control over there.

They really have their act together over there. They have everything from contact tracing programs to designated transport from airport to hotel / home. It makes one appreciate institutional competence a lot.

At first, it was not fun to be forced quarantined for 14 days right after I landed.

But after that, it was as if COVID was never a thing. We got to live and enjoy life almost like normal.

Regarding Trump, I hope the incoming administration calls his bluff instead of giving him some brokered settlement.

http://DemocratInsanity.blogspot.com

"Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician and I'll show you a crook." - Harry S Truman

Biden got rich and has only been a politician, and a very racist one at that.  Not that any Democrat cares, mind you.....

Texas Southern University:  ?We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the, you know, you know the thing,? Biden said

"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f*** things up." - Barack Obama, the worst president in American history
[url]http://BarackObamaisms.blogspot.com[/url]

Yahoo Entertainment News: Howard Stern says he ?might have to run? for president to clean up COVID ?mess? caused by anti-vaxxers

Again, the radio host said on his Howard Stern Show that he "might have to run" for commander in chief. This time, his reasoning was to fix the "mess" caused by anti-vaxxers amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

After show producer Chris Wilding spoke about COVID precautions he's taking on a vacation in Panama, Stern, 67, said on Tuesday's show that the U.S. "is turning into a third-world country because of the f**king morons we have living here. It's a sad commentary on my country."

He was optimistic about what he could do as president.

"Oh, I could clean it up in two seconds," he vowed. "Just the way [President Joseph] Biden got us out of Afghanistan. That quick I'm going to clean things up. Boom. Right away."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-president-clean-up-covid-mess-203632455.html

Howard Stern? Why not!!

He is doomed...just a matter of time.  What worries me is the line of succession...

Republicans Urge Biden To Take Cognitive Test, Say ?Mental Decline? Has ?Become More Apparent?

More than three dozen Republican lawmakers are calling on President Joe Biden, 79, to undergo a cognitive test, just as former President Donald Trump did while in the White House.

Biden, 79, is the oldest man ever to hold the office, and the Republicans say they want to make sure he?s fit for office.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/repu...t-say-mental-decline-has-become-more-apparent

On that, I am not wholly sure. Either way he will be an oversized influence on it so run or not he will be a significant factor.  On Brandon...how can you be in office and the public think you have literally done NOTHING?  His approval numbers are LOWER that Trumps... That is totally embarrassing and does not bode well for his party and election. A controversial President is one thing..an inconsequential one is fatal.

Biden is met by protesters holding 'Let's Go Brandon' signs in Virginia: Tells voters they should have 'peace of mind' he is working to fix soaring prices after dire poll found many Americans think he has done literally NOTHING in office
President Joe Biden was met with protesters slamming 'open borders' and holding 'Let's Go Brandon' signs as he arrived in Culpeper, Virginia Thursday
Biden voyaged an hour and a half outside of Washington to give a boost to endangered Democratic Rep. Abigail Spanberger, despite his own low polling
A new CNN survey out Thursday conducted in January and February found that 58 per cent disapproved of the job Biden is doing
Fifty-six per cent of that group had nothing positive to say about the Democratic leader
That sentiment was spelled out in the mixed bag of messages that greeted the president once he arrived protesting everything from COVID to immigration
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-lands-Virginia-push-lower-drug-prices.html

So I'm going to agree that Biden might be a one-termer like Dump (if you are going to use nicknames, why can't I?)... and I appreciate that you understand that he may not be able to get back into the White House.

But I disagree about a controversial president... for the first time in modern history... there was riot at the capitol at his behest... that ended with fatalities. Even Pence could not support him any longer.

Back