[Poll] Orchard Hills what happened? Lambert Ranch & Trash Talk! New Poll!

Who can live within miles of a Landfill? Smell or Not?

• Sure! I love the floor plans, and I also love seeing trash trucks, everyday, everyday.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No! I think those birds with the garbage on their claws can stay away from my children.

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
Very true. Just as none of the new home sales people ever told me the listing price is too high and they never see any complaints from owners.

When equity is at risk, these homeowners suddenly cannot smell any odor.

USCTrojanCPA said:
None of my buyers who bought in Las Ventanas ever smelled anything from the landfill.

The Motor Court Company said:
Very true. Just as none of the new home sales people ever told me the listing price is too high and they never see any complaints from owners.

When equity is at risk, these homeowners suddenly cannot smell any odor.

USCTrojanCPA said:
None of my buyers who bought in Las Ventanas ever smelled anything from the landfill.
I've been out to Portola Springs more times then I can count on various times of the day, different weather, different winds blowing, etc. and I never smelled anything out there.  If not for that short sale of mine coming through, I would have been a buyer of an LV Plan 2.

With all this talk of ladnfills, VOCs, radon, exhaust, and what not, is there a better place than Irvine to live to avoid all the possible health issues?  Like moving to Mission or Aliso?

Granted this is a few years old, but this map seems relevant:

occancerrisk.gif

I am curious about the random really dark area in Mission Viejo.  My guess is this is due to Lake Mission Viejo?

of course there is no ideal place to live, unless you got the $$$. Each buyer just has to weigh the pros and cons for themselves, and in some cases, change the investment strategy accordingly. For example, if I buy a place that close to the landfill, I will invest heavily in getting multiple life insurances for all my family members. So I can turn the loss of one of my family members into a big pay day and move into a better, less polluted place.

Nous said:
With all this talk of ladnfills, VOCs, radon, exhaust, and what not, is there a better place than Irvine to live to avoid all the possible health issues?  Like moving to Mission or Aliso?

Does anyone knows feng shui?
I heard someone mentioned during the private tour bad shui to have bathroom over the main entrance door.  Share your opinion....    :mad: :'(

This bad feng shui effect is known as Arman-geddon.

bathroom over the main entrance door is analogous to

a giant Landfill elevated above the whole neighborhood

nijiaturtle said:
Does anyone knows feng shui?
I heard someone mentioned during the private tour bad shui to have bathroom over the main entrance door.  Share your opinion....    :mad: :'(

!! I heard some whisper that Orchard Hills may start selling homes in the near future. Any one can corroborate this?
TIC thinks they can pull off what TNHC has been doing at LR, eh?  Let me guess....they'll be recycling the Maricopa/Cortona and San Marino/Toscana floor plans???

Drove the loop around OH today.  I have to say, really peaceful up there.  You feel secluded, beautiful land.  This should be a slam dunk for TIC...if they don't f*** it up with greed.

I've been living on the peaceful backside of The Irvine Company's Orchard Hills apartments for the past year, and today, 8/13/13, I can report that construction for the Orchard Hills homes has finally begun (as far as what I can see from my living room windows). Utilizing part of my apartment as a home office, I've been on the lookout for activity since I read about the plans on this forum. This is great news for some of you, but bad news for me. Just thought I'd share my first hand account of the situation.

Unfortunately for me, I'm S.O.L. thanks to TIC's greediness- My lease renewal is due in a couple days, and the management has refused to give me the 'construction discount' because "they've heard about the goat, but haven't been told anything by The Irvine Company."

Hopefully this proof will change their minds... In case you aren't familiar with these big boys, these ginormous pieces of machinery are called 'Scrapers'- used to level land just before construction goes underway.

Orchard%20Hills.jpg

Back