[Poll] Orchard Hills what happened? Lambert Ranch & Trash Talk! New Poll!

Who can live within miles of a Landfill? Smell or Not?

• Sure! I love the floor plans, and I also love seeing trash trucks, everyday, everyday.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No! I think those birds with the garbage on their claws can stay away from my children.

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
Let's finish the list.
Stinkgate
Crampbury (aka Woodburial)
Compress Village

But I have nothing bad to say about Orchard Hills at the moment - that is before TIC defiles the last virgin (land) of Irvine.

freedomcm said:
Love the renaming efforts of TMC:  Laguna Autism, Landfill Ranch, and Potty Springs!

can we get this thread to move up the google ranks as we did for Brightwater over at the defunct IHB?

I believe the question asked was if the issue of landfill being close any different, if you were buying in portola springs
or if you were buying at lambert ranch.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Go the the google link posted on the Landfill Ranch thread and check out the enormous size of the trash dump. It is huge about 3 times the size of Potty Springs.

Reactions: rkp
waitin4ever said:
I believe the question asked was if the issue of landfill being close any different, if you were buying in portola springs
or if you were buying at lambert ranch.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Go the the google link posted on the Landfill Ranch thread and check out the enormous size of the trash dump. It is huge about 3 times the size of Potty Springs.

precisely my question.  to me, lambert ranch and portola springs are the same in terms of land and location..just buyers preference on amenities and builder

rkp said:
precisely my question.  to me, lambert ranch and portola springs are the same in terms of land and location..just buyers preference on amenities and builder

I agree.
Last week, prior to their preview the floorplans at Lambert Ranch were released and seem to be well received.

At PottySprings you can smell the trash and the neighbors' fart but at LAMEbert Landfill Ranch you only smell the trash. Unless you are Mike Dunn then you smell nothing but ocean breeze from the prevailing wind.

This Irvine landfill is the 9th largest landfill in America and will still be operating after our lifetime. Countless of trucks that drive by everyday and traffic pollution are already bad enough. Have you seen the black smoke from these trucks delivering 2 million tons of trash a day?

jamboreedude said:
It's terrible looking at the Google map of how close the landfill is to Lambert Ranch (aka Landfill Ranch)  :'(  The Chinese people must be really stupid to buy those million dollar homes just a stone throw to one of the largest landfills in all of the United States. It's sad to know the landfill will be open for business till 2053!!!  Good luck to those who have bought in Portola Springs (aka Potty Springs), Stonegate (aka Stinkgate) and parts of Woodbury (aka Woodburial).

FYI (Re: Frank R. Bowerman Landfill): http://egov.ocgov.com/portal/site/ocgov/menuitem.02b739dec30413a69add603d100000f7/?vgnextoid=a43cb0d5a553a110VgnVCM1000005b00610aRCRD&vgnextchannel=0cb245f36dce8110VgnVCM1000005b00610aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

Now I know why Orchard Hills is special... the more homes/people they put in Portola Springs/Lambert Ranch/Great Park, the less chance of the weekly Musick escapee hiding in your OH garage.

6313287478_16d8b96bd7_z.jpg

Bottom right is Stinkgate. Middle Right is PottySprings. The landfill is at the upper left quadrant. Its current elevation is higher than Landfill Ranch and will continue to be layered until it becomes a point like an Egyptian Pyramid. Hopefully my bag of trash will be the last one at the top of the apex. Think about the water run off from a terrentail rain? Where will the water go? I heard gravity takes it to the lowest flat spot and creates a puddle of stink.

bowerman_landfill2_ociwm.jpg

landfill-300x225.jpg

Just in case you are wondering the nice grey sand color you see from the aerial looks like this in close up.

When you see a bird in Irvine the bird likely came from here.
landfillweb.jpg

images

Lower lefthand corner is where the Landfill Ranch view lots are back up against the toll road. Each of the 2 watertanks adjacent to LR could house 9 LV houses inside.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=old+bees+canyon+road+irvine&hl=en&sll=33.711141,-117.70455&sspn=0.023811,0.027208&t=h&hnear=Old+Bee+Canyon+Rd,+Irvine,+Orange,+California&z=15

Go to this link to see the aerial. Old Bees Canyon Road runs downhill and dead end onto the toll road into a pond reservoir. This is the retention basin for the toxic water that got leached out from the rain run off. Just to the otherside of it is Landfill Ranch and Potty Springs. The stagnant water will slowly percolate under the freeway and leach out to the otherside at a lower elevation.

Enlarge the photo and look at what is on the other side of the tollroad at PottySprings . There is a concrete culvert that was built under the toll road and spill these trash site toxic run off on to PS. The single house on the knoll is the Lambert estate residence. You can use that as your point of reference for Landfill Ranch.

I think this trash topic has been beat to death already. Any potential buyer will have to weigh the pros and cons of the location for himself/herself.

How about some feedback on the floorplans?

Thank you iacrenter for trying to get us back to sanity on this topic.

Floorplans you ask? Trying to decide between Grove 1 and Grove 2 myself. I love the courtyard with an actual back yard (albeit small) of Grove 1, but I love the Office in place of dining room option as well as the casita in back of Grove 2.  Considering Hill 2 as well. The great room/dining/kitchen layout really works for me there.

Back