[Poll] Orchard Hills what happened? Lambert Ranch & Trash Talk! New Poll!

Who can live within miles of a Landfill? Smell or Not?

• Sure! I love the floor plans, and I also love seeing trash trucks, everyday, everyday.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No! I think those birds with the garbage on their claws can stay away from my children.

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
irvinehomeshopper said:
The problem is longevity rarely exist living next to wasteland and you may not even make the SS age. Our government wins again.

It is all part of the evil master plan......  uh oh, the men in black are coming.....

I come back to a thriving thread, how fun.  I see you guys took off with it running.  Proud of you guys.  lol  Some of you guys make me laugh a lot.

I had an economics professor once say that if we built a 1 cubic mile hole in the ground somewhere, we'd be able to house the trash of the entire nation for 100 years... but we don't because it is too expensive logistically.  Instead, we just bury the trash right in our backyards.  Well, maybe spending a bit more to send the trash to a 1milex1milex1mile hole in the ground 1000 miles away would be a better choice.  It just looks sick.  And in 10 years when everybody's scratching their heads as to why little Johnny has Leukemia, ihs will be shaking his head I'm sure

another day, another somber discussion about the possible future of Landfill Ranchhttp://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/10/08/eco.about.landfills/#cnnSTCText

"According to Toxicsaction.org, there have been higher incidences of liver cancer, bladder cancer, lung cancer, leukemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma among adults that live within close vicinity of landfills"

"according to a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) report in 1987 which said: "eventually all landfills leak"."

while PS and LR are closest to the landfill, i imagine the leakage would affect stonegate, woodbury, northwood pointe as well

Just catching up on the "trash talk" re the Bowerman landfill, and I'm appalled that they are building homes so close to it. I can't imagine who would want to live next to a dump.

I'm kind of angry at myself, too, for not knowing about this landfill before I started house-hunting in Irvine.

Ergh, I should just go off the grid and buy a cabin in Idaho...

Landfill or not. PS and LR will sell and I'm sure buyers are well aware of of the landfill. And the talk of smelling trash is complete BS. If this were true, the smell would be well publicized and I know someone who actually lives in PS and they never smell the trash. As for health hazards, Bee Canyon is relatively new landfill and therefore have some of the newest safety features available. Also I'm sure the landfill abides by strict standards. And if there was any pollution it wouldn't just magically stop in PS or LR. It would pollute most of Irvine.

Hoag and Kaiser Permanente will thrive well into the future. They were smart to be located on Sand Canyon.
Respiratory and mentally ill patients from LA
Cancer patients from Heritage Field (EPA's superfund site) due to TCE and radon poisoning
Cancer and respiratory patients from PS and LR, potentially SG, SGE, WB and WBE

Irvine - City of Pollution

I drive the toll road by that landfill a lot, and I have never smelled anything.  So maybe it ain't so bad.  But there should be a !premium in that area due to the proximity of the dump relative to other Irvine communities.

There should be a -$1,000 modifier for every +0.001% chance of cancer.  Yes I am monetizing cancer.

exactly USC---thats why i keep asking IHS where he lives.  its easy to pick on everything...i am sure there are negatives about his place as well. 

Personally I would not want to live really close to a dump.  My brother in law bought a house a few miles from a dump (not in the OC) and I remember most of the time there was no smell but when the wind was blowing in the other direction, it smelled like someone dumped a months worth of garbage all over your yard.  It was gross.

The Motor Court Company said:
another day, another somber discussion about the possible future of Landfill Ranchhttp://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/10/08/eco.about.landfills/#cnnSTCText

"According to Toxicsaction.org, there have been higher incidences of liver cancer, bladder cancer, lung cancer, leukemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma among adults that live within close vicinity of landfills"

"according to a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) report in 1987 which said: "eventually all landfills leak"."

Don't they also get 4 day work weeks, high paying salaries, good benefits, and hazard pay?  Not saying they shouldn't, cuz lord know I ain't gonna pick up trash.

rkp said:
exactly USC---thats why i keep asking IHS where he lives.  its easy to pick on everything...i am sure there are negatives about his place as well. 

The risk where IHS is lives is random bullets coming through your window or getting stabbed on the street walking your dog  :)

the death is much more instant than the painful cancerous death irvine will inflict.

There are many more of Irvines dirty secrets that the city don't want the consumers to know.

traceimage said:
Just catching up on the "trash talk" re the Bowerman landfill, and I'm appalled that they are building homes so close to it. I can't imagine who would want to live next to a dump.

I'm kind of angry at myself, too, for not knowing about this landfill before I started house-hunting in Irvine.

Ergh, I should just go off the grid and buy a cabin in Idaho...

I just dumped a can of toxic paint and a bunch of used batteries into my trash. They will be in Bowerman by Tuesday. you may not smell it but it will leak into the ground. I also drained my motoroil into a milk carton.

fishfinder333 said:
Landfill or not. PS and LR will sell and I'm sure buyers are well aware of of the landfill. And the talk of smelling trash is complete BS. If this were true, the smell would be well publicized and I know someone who actually lives in PS and they never smell the trash. As for health hazards, Bee Canyon is relatively new landfill and therefore have some of the newest safety features available. Also I'm sure the landfill abides by strict standards. And if there was any pollution it wouldn't just magically stop in PS or LR. It would pollute most of Irvine.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I just dumped a can of toxic paint and a bunch of used batteries into my trash. They will be in Bowerman by Tuesday.
No they won't... your neighbors will dig those out and re-use them.

:p

My neighbors doesn't have the good taste for used beige paint. The used motoroil is yucky and thick. The batteries are corroded. My empty wine bottles from my cellar are the jackpot.

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I just dumped a can of toxic paint and a bunch of used batteries into my trash. They will be in Bowerman by Tuesday.
No they won't... your neighbors will dig those out and re-use them.

:p

Back