Petaluma at Eastwood

Read another post that Phase 5 was already spoken for - can not confirm nor deny.

Attachments

• Petaluma Availability.jpg
    Petaluma Availability.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Petaluma Pricing.jpg
    Petaluma Pricing.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 755
  • Petaluma Site.jpg
    Petaluma Site.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 417
  • Petuluma Overall Site.jpg
    Petuluma Overall Site.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 484
Zenyatta1 said:
I disagree, because the Conservatory is not useless from my point of view.  It's an open space that we'll be using as my child's play area during the day.  It can also be a place to put an air mattress for visitors.  It's a great place to set up a Christmas tree when the time comes.  And my husband will be using it some evenings to host poker night (collapsible table).  A flex space that can be used for whatever is needed is extremely useful in my opinion.  An expanded dining room does not allow for any of those things.

lnc said:
While comparing Jasmine and Petaluma's floor plan, I notice one significant improvement in Petaluma's floor plan over Jasmin's. We have a discussion here about how useless the conservatory is and in Petaluma, there's no optional conservatory and instead an optional expanded dinning area.  I like this expanded dinning option way better than the conservatory and I think a lot of you will agree with me.

Take a look at the pic below that compare Jasmine plan 3 with conservatory vs Petaluma plan 3.

I visited Piedmont in Eastwood earlier today and the sales guy there noted that there has a been a high demand (a.k.a. requests) for conservatory rooms, but that they were not allowed per the Eastwood HOA.  Not sure if he was just giving me a load of B.S. or what....

paydawg said:
I visited Piedmont in Eastwood earlier today and the sales guy there noted that there has a been a high demand (a.k.a. requests) for conservatory rooms, but that they were not allowed per the Eastwood HOA.  Not sure if he was just giving me a load of B.S. or what....

It's not HOA regulation but it's the city's building code.

Both the conservatory option and the expanded dinning area option require builder to file special zoning variance at the city planning since both optional structure expansion violated 10' rear setback rule.  This time around for Petaluma, IP decided to do expanded dinning area instead of conservatory and IP only file variance for expanded dinning area and got approval for it. 

IP can still offer the conservatory but they need to reapply for zone variance, go through hearing and wait for approval from the city.  It require quite a work and with the Petaluma selling very well, there are probably no incentive for IP to do so.

index.php

Hi Irvine, phase 6 was released a week or two ago and is all sold. Apparently it all sold in one day? Phase 7 has already been released. I think prices were up another 4k again.

soyi said:
Looks like Petaluma is into Phase 8 now. Probably the hottest community in all Eastwood.

I really thought the motor homes across the street would be a detractor to mr eastwood as a whole.  Especially homes closer to Irvine Blvd.  I guess I was wrong.

Yes Phase 1 through 7 is sold and phase 8 is coming on the market very soon. Price increases every phase.

The phase 1 driveway homes are complete and they look fantastic in person!

They look fantastic empty, but wait until they all have 1-2 cars parked on them every night. 

I know, such a pessimist I am.

abosch00 said:
soyi said:
Looks like Petaluma is into Phase 8 now. Probably the hottest community in all Eastwood.

I really thought the motor homes across the street would be a detractor to mr eastwood as a whole.  Especially homes closer to Irvine Blvd.  I guess I was wrong.

It's probably the best motor homes in all of California. Even Eastwood do not have a gated entrance like The Groves. Anyhow, it's a bunch of quiet retired people living there. So it's not your typical motor homes.

Eastwood won me over after I visited it a few times. It's much better than Jasmine in my opinion. The backyards are better partitioned and the floor plans themselves have improved also.

I'm pretty sure they're mobile homes.  With motor homes you could just jump in the cab and drive away.

Yes, I went on the weekend and phase 9 has been unveiled.  All but 3 plan 3's are available from phase 7 and 8, apparently these take a little while to sell as they are backed to Irvine Blvd and the most expensive models. Overall, apparently the waiting list for petaluma continues to grow with price increases every phase.

acf said:
Yes, I went on the weekend and phase 9 has been unveiled.  All but 3 plan 3's are available from phase 7 and 8, apparently these take a little while to sell as they are backed to Irvine Blvd and the most expensive models. Overall, apparently the waiting list for petaluma continues to grow with price increases every phase.

What is it about plan 3 that is so unappealing? I went in today and saw plan 9 and plan 3's were still open

Back