Petaluma at Eastwood

I went on Thursday now that I think about it. and phase 3 wasn't out yet. do you think these places have room to appreciate ?

acf said:
I went on Thursday now that I think about it. and phase 3 wasn't out yet. do you think these places have room to appreciate ?

When I visited Jasmine, the phases were not all selling as soon it came on market. Also looks like what took OH to sell in 3 years took only 3 days for EW.

Given how fast these homes are going it's probably safe to say homes will continue to appreciate.

soyi said:
acf said:

When I visited Jasmine, the phases were not all selling as soon it came on market. Also looks like what took OH to sell in 3 years took only 3 days for EW.

Given how fast these homes are going it's probably safe to say homes will continue to appreciate.
OH has only been on sale since late May 2014.

So closer to 1.5 years, not 3.

Is anyone headed to Petaluma today or tmrw? I'm going to check things out again.

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

We will be at PS3. The pure value play.  :)

acf said:

Is anyone headed to Petaluma today or tmrw? I'm going to check things out again.

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

Can't go wrong with the value! :) GL!

I'm still trying to figure out why Petaluma's are selling like hot cakes despite the incoming US recession.

eyephone said:

acf said:

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

I previously mention they have a school that will open. (Walkable) That alone will drive up the demand.

acf said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Petaluma's are selling like hot cakes despite the incoming US recession.

eyephone said:

acf said:

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

eyephone said:
I previously mention they have a school that will open. (Walkable) That alone will drive up the demand.

acf said:

eyephone said:

acf said:

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

I have to admit, that is right. PS will always be out in the boonies. The value play doesn't make sense. Sure it's cheaper to buy, but it also means lower value when you sell.

soyi said:
eyephone said:

acf said:

eyephone said:

acf said:

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

I have to admit, that is right. PS will always be out in the boonies. The value play doesn't make sense. Sure it's cheaper to buy, but it also means lower value when you sell.

My previous comment was to answer his question why Petaluma is selling like hot cakes.

I'll answer my own question. went to the show room today. phase 5 is all sold out. On to phase 6 out of 17.

acf said:

eyephone said:

acf said:

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

Because recession is just a myth. Because Petaluma is really the cheapest way to home a "single family home' that's under 1 million.

Petaluma is a detached condo. Cheapest true sfr is Cressa under a million in Irvine.

AW said:
Petaluma is a detached condo. Cheapest true sfr is Cressa under a million in Irvine.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.. Petaluma while classified as a condo, is a single family home for people that dont want or can't afford 1mil+ homes.

soyi said:
acf said:

eyephone said:

acf said:

Happiness said:
soyi said:
acf said:

Because recession is just a myth. Because Petaluma is really the cheapest way to home a "single family home' that's under 1 million.

Let me ask you this, Do you buy stocks at the 52 week high?

soyi said:
AW said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.. Petaluma while classified as a condo, is a single family home for people that dont want or can't afford 1mil+ homes.
Huh?
I just stated you can buy a true sfr home for under a million when you said Petaluma was the cheapest way to a sfr under a million which isn't true. Because it's not. It's a detached condo.

Yes, on paper petaluma is a detached condo... but to be fair, soyi did say "single family homes" in quotations which could imply a different meaning.

I also find it interesting that on the main petaluma signage in Eastwood it's clearly advertised as "single family homes" and in the petaluma contract it's stated that "Your condominium is essentially equivalent to a traditional single family home located on a separate lot yada yada... you own the home and the land unlike a traditional condominium where you only own the airspace within the home etc".

Furthermore, If you are able to get one of the Petaluma's with it's own driveway, it essentially has the charactersistics of a single family.

I see both sides. everyone is right :)

Unfortunately on official paper it'll always be a condo...
Just like all the resale ads for house or used cars saying it's just like new when it's not...
When you refi it asks if it's a condo or not, the rate sheet has it higher
Or when you sell, maybe you can do the song and dance to new buyers saying it's a "sfr" even tho it lists as a condo

One thing that I see really missing in petaluma is the downstairs bedroom. For the price, I really would expect this room and may be that will make it very much an SFR. If you have older parents, the downstairs room makes a big difference.  Thats one of the reasons we are looking at Cressa although it is in portola springs.

The motor court is another minus point in qualifying petaluma to be tru e sfr in my opinion.

Piedmont is probably more closer to a true sfr but at a higher price point...wish the garage was not taking up so much of front elevation.

I feel the market currently is very priced, so if u got to get in i guess compromises have to be made.that's just opinion.

Back