Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

lnc said:
Drove by Strada and visited the Sales Office.  Sales office are now opened.  The overall community feels really nice with some open spaces, rows of orchards surround the community and different elevations.  It differently feel nicer than PS and LA.

Here's some facts:

Strada is split between IUSD and TUSD.  First few phases will be all TUSD side.  IP is going to sell TUSD side first than IUSD side.  Price is not released but was told low 1 million. :(

HOA: $196/month

IUSD side:
Base property tax:1.06% of sales price
AD Tax:$2650
CFD Tax: $1700
Other Tax: $162
Total Mello-Roos: $4512/year

TUSD side:
CFD Tax (2014-2015 tax year): $1800-$2350
Other Tax: $104
Total Mello-Roos: $4554-$5104/year

Here's lot map.  Lower left corner is TUSD and rest is IUSD.

Welcome to TUSD, where the taxes are higher but the schools are worse.

So only a single entry for all those homes?  GH won't approve.

GH said:
I'm not sure if other communities are similar, but one entry way for 60 or so homes (basically 2 separate entryway for the whole community) ?  what happens if there is an accident that block the entryway ?  I know it could happen on any cul de sac road, but most culdesac I know are just one street (thus few houses affected if it ever happens).
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11163.msg218761.html#msg218761

lnc said:
ps9 said:
I drove by as well, but didn't stop in.  Was that your white 7 series BMW in the parking lot ( or the sales staff? Haha).  So prices are firming at $1.1 million?  They're gonna steal Capella's customers away.  The starting IUSD phases will have view lots?  Not sure but when I drove by, there were some elevated lots at the northern end of Strada

No, that white 7 series is not my car, mine is a white M3. :)

When I drove in through Narrow Path, Strada is on the left and it was about 15-20 feet higher than the street.  So the home next to Narrow Path might have views.

I'm thinking more the homes around Copper Mine and Thoroughbred (thats a toughie for chinese tongue).  It was an area when Culver starts curving to the right (east) as you head towards the riff raff.

ps9 said:
@Inc, by chance did you ask if the plan 3 5th bedroom is an option?

No I didn't.  But even if they don't offer it, you can easily convert the bonus room into a bedroom, ? la OpenSky style, for just a few grand.

lnc said:
ps9 said:

No I didn't.  But even if they don't offer it, you can easily convert the bonus room into a bedroom, ? la OpenSky style, for just a few grand.

I don't believe it will be that easy.  Besides putting a wall/door and slapping a closet in the corner, there is no accessible bathroom, if you see the original floorplan in the first post of this thread, you will have to build it into the master closet, it's gonna be messy to do this aftermarket. 

Strada3_zps0d45408f.jpg

before

strada3_zpsa7f0d6d4.jpg

after

lnc said:
Drove by Strada and visited the Sales Office.  Sales office are now opened.  The overall community feels really nice with some open spaces, rows of orchards surround the community and different elevations.  It definitely feel nicer than PS and LA.

Here's some info:

Strada is split between IUSD and TUSD.  First few phases will be all TUSD side.  IP is going to sell TUSD side first than IUSD side.  Price is not released but was told low 1 million. :(

IUSD side:

TUSD side:

Not sure if this is a good deal or not.  MR for the TUSD side is the same as the Grove.  HOA is $100 less, but no guard.  Lots are 3500 sq ft, which are tiny.  If you don't care about IUSD, I'd say go for anything on the other side, if you can afford it.

ps9 said:
lnc said:
ps9 said:

I don't believe it will be that easy.  Besides putting a wall/door and slapping a closet in the corner, there is no accessible bathroom, if you see the original floorplan in the first post of this thread, you will have to build it into the master closet, it's gonna be messy to do this aftermarket. 

If it's just adding a wall and a door, it's pretty easy.  Find a space to add a closet would be a bit of challenge but the cost is not to bad.  You can dig into master closet, build one next to the wall alone the stair, or just use a free standing wardrobe and forget about the closet.  But to add a bathroom is total PITA and probably not possible.  If you decided to convert the bonus room into a bedroom, you probable have to forgo the bathroom but than it would be weird since there is no extra bathroom to go with it.

If you really need this many rooms you should just get a bigger home like Messina, especially the plan 3 with that  circular staircase. :)

Instead of adding another bathroom, I would reconfigure the closets in b2 and b3 and then move the entrance to b2 after the ba2's entrance so that bathroom would be "public" for the upstairs:

2ebx0ut.jpg

I know people prefer private baths for each room but I also think there should be one available for shared use upstairs, esp if you have a bonus room or loft upstairs.

lnc said:
Drove by Strada and visited the Sales Office.  Sales office are now opened.  The overall community feels really nice with some open spaces, rows of orchards surround the community and different elevations.  It definitely feel nicer than PS and LA.

Here's some info:

IUSD side:

TUSD side:

Does anyone know if these homes will have 10 or 11 foot ceilings?  Any homesites with views?  Thanks.

Judging by the VOI and IP websites, I doubt any homes in the Residences sides of Orchard Hills will have 10 or 11 (unheard of by IP so far) feet ceilings. If they did, they would have been advertising it for quite a while by now. Maybe after a few phases, they will introduce it to soak up more money in their buyer pool. If they were smart, they would have done it. That way, buyers would feel that they were paying all of their money for something special. The Strada homes on Narrow Path will have some views, but they are on the TUSD side. Terrazza will have more views, but they are detached condos in the books.  :(

Crystal Cove was a better deal ten years ago. 4219 square feet homes right across the street from the ocean with 3-car garages and panoramic ocean views back then were selling new for only $1332990 and there was no mello-roos. Plus, it was gated and in the same area as over $7 million homes currently. I SOOO envy the people who purchased one of those homes and could potentially flip them now for maybe $4 million. :mad:

1172430055_02.jpg

1172430055_03.jpg

1172430056_04.jpg

1172430065_14.jpg

1172430066_15.jpg

1172430066_16.jpg

??? said:
Crystal Cove was a better deal ten years ago. 4219 square feet homes right across the street from the ocean with 3-car garages and panoramic ocean views back then were selling new for only $1332990 and there was no mello-roos. Plus, it was gated and in the same area as over $7 million homes currently. I SOOO envy the people who purchased one of those homes and could potentially flip them now for maybe $4 million. :mad:

1172430055_02.jpg

1172430055_03.jpg

1172430056_04.jpg

1172430065_14.jpg

1172430066_15.jpg

1172430066_16.jpg

Those are motor court homes.

??? said:
Judging by the VOI and IP websites, I doubt any homes in the Residences sides of Orchard Hills will have 10 or 11 (unheard of by IP so far) feet ceilings. If they did, they would have been advertising it for quite a while by now. Maybe after a few phases, they will introduce it to soak up more money in their buyer pool. If they were smart, they would have done it. That way, buyers would feel that they were paying all of their money for something special. The Strada homes on Narrow Path will have some views, but they are on the TUSD side. Terrazza will have more views, but they are detached condos in the books.  :(

It just doesn't make any sense that IP would build homes with 10 ft ceilings in CV, but not in OH when they plan to charge a lot more money for these homes with no views and tiny 3,500 sf lots.  It feels like we are in another real estate bubble. 

AA said:
??? said:

It just doesn't make any sense that IP would build homes with 10 ft ceilings in CV, but not in OH when they plan to charge a lot more money for these homes with no views and tiny 3,500 sf lots.  It feels like we are in another real estate bubble. 

Strada is very similar to Laurel and since Laurel does not have a 10 ft height ceiling, Strada probably doesn't have it either.

I think every one visit Strada should ask the sales about the 10 ft ceiling.  Let's see if we can drive these sales people crazy.  :)

lnc said:
AA said:
??? said:

Strada is very similar to Laurel and since Laurel does not have a 10 ft height ceiling, Strada probably doesn't have it either.

I think every one visit Strada should ask the sales about the 10 ft ceiling.  Let's see if we can drive these sales people crazy.  :)

Great idea!!  People's voices need to be heard.  Especially when you are dealing with a monopoly like TIC/IP.

Has IP pre-sold any Strada already? Afraid these could start at ~$1,050k by the time they get to IUSD lots. hope not.

Back