Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Just visited Strada during their grand opening at Orchard Hills.  I was expecting alot for high 900K.  Sadly, I wouldn't pay more than low 800K.  No backyard of any kind.  Their backyard is the same size of my condo rental's backyard. 
Master bathroom shower is way too small.  I like the option of sitting down or resting my leg on a seat while I shower.  Also, where do I put my towel.  Their layout suggests I place my towel above the toilet across the tub. 
I was expecting more loft space.  Their loft couldn't support more than 4 people without feeling claustrophobic. 

strada_zps4b677a99.jpg

strada2_zpsfe4e6949.jpg

Hey guys,

It seems that the annual taxes are going to run right around $15,700 a year for one of these motor court homes slightly under 2500 sq/ft in Orchard Hills. What amenities do you guys get in Orchard Hills for $196/month? Is this a swim/tennis community, is it gated? The reason I ask is that 5 years ago, when CK and I were in the market to buy in Irvine, Orchard Hills was hyped up by the Irvine Company as becoming the Shady Canyon in the north side of Irvine with the smallest home starting 4000 sq/ft with big lots like the Serra tracts in Portola Springs. I remember reading an article on this on OH 4-5 years ago.

Many on IHB would get disappointed when TIC would continue to postpone the start date in order to sell out all their inventory in Portola Springs and Woodbury first. I am getting the general sense that many of you were disappointed with OH products unless you have $1.5M to spend.

I am not being cynical, but I am seriously asking as I was not there to attend the grand opening. What amenities are you guys getting for $196/month in Orchard Hills?

Well, these are not motorcourts, they are single family homes with driveway and cul de sacs.  The yards are non-existent.  There is a pool/small park area in the middle of the community.  For $200/month, it does seem a bit expensive.  Not gated on this side of Orchard Hills.  Also no views as well, maybe the homes near Terrazza but with these teeny tiny yards, what's the point? 

Even overheard some FCBs saying the yard is a joke, so I guess even foreigners care about yards. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Didn't expect Strada yards to be big considering their cousin Laurel in CV is almost touching the back wall.

Does anyone know if there are some larger (5,000+ sf) lots available for Strada?

AA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Didn't expect Strada yards to be big considering their cousin Laurel in CV is almost touching the back wall.

Does anyone know if there are some larger (5,000+ sf) lots available for Strada?

Maybe, saw a few with bigger/pie shaped lots on the big TV map they have in the sales trailer. 

When we entered the Model Plan 1, there was a Korean family that was adding up numbers for their upgrades with their broker (they were talking in Korean, but I understood them). When we were leaving the sales office, there was a Chinese man who was panickingly asking us if the sales office was still open. When we nodded, he picked up his phone and called his bank. Very amusing.  :)

Irvine resident said:
Visted Strada this afternoon.  No sold button yet.

Opening weekend and no deposits yet?  If that's true it's an epic fail... For some reason I don't think this is possible.

My guess is that with 1,000 bodies strolling through and contracts to be countersigned by the builder, putting stickers on the board wasn't a priority. On many of these opening day extravaganzas the board is often full of plugs anyway.

Come back in 2 weeks and there should be a better sense of how the 5/31 opening did.

plan 1 lot 30 sold.
sales people said they have more contracts to sign this week.
They have a plan 1 with huge lot.
I like Strada with traditional driveway and private location. If you like big lot, you can wait for later phases.

We visited Strada yesterday around 5PM.  It really is lacking interest in comparison to Capella.  The two sales ladies at Strada were just standing there with no one talking to them at all.  Bad sign for a development that is in the opening weekend. 

Exterior looks good.  Floor plans really are just recycle from Mulberry/Laurel with the loft area being very small.  For those considering converting the loft into a bedroom I think it will be too small and would really close off the whole upstairs area. 

Plan 1 and 2 have decent size backyard, which should be typical of normal lots.  Plan 3 backyard appears less than 6' width. 

Back