Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Meggie said:
I got a call from OnQ today asking if we are interested in Strada since we've been pre-qualified for Mulberry.  You would think they are swamped at this time but apparently not.  He said the starting price is $988K if I heard correctly (I had to step out of a meeting to pick up the call so I was in a hurry).

LOL OnQ is a joke of a company

Strada will be split in half with TUSD and IUSD.  You have to ask which lot.  Doesn't bode well for this particular sub-development IMO.  Orchard Hills estate homes that go to IUSD  will be in at some point.  The ones in the strawberry fields above Potola near Jeffrey.  Will make that area grow in value.

Trav25 said:
Strada will be split in half with TUSD and IUSD.  You have to ask which lot.  Doesn't bode well for this particular sub-development IMO.  Orchard Hills estate homes that go to IUSD  will be in at some point.  The ones in the strawberry fields above Potola near Jeffrey.  Will make that area grow in value.

The fact that Strada will be split between TUSD and IUSD is absolutely ridiculous and a perfect example of bureaucratic incompetence.  The people responsible for letting this happen should resign from their post in shame. What a pity that kids living right next door to each other might be going to entirely different school districts.  I hope TUSD and IUSD will allow the option for homeowners to attend either IUSD or TUSD.  This is would correct this horrible situation.

AA said:
What a pity that kids living right next door to each other might be going to entirely different school districts. 

doesnt this happen on everyblock where the school boundaries are? kids on one side of the street go to one school and kids on the other side go to another? does it really matter if the split is the side neighbor vs the neighbor across the street?

qwerty said:
AA said:
What a pity that kids living right next door to each other might be going to entirely different school districts. 

doesnt this happen on everyblock where the school boundaries are? kids on one side of the street go to one school and kids on the other side go to another? does it really matter if the split is the side neighbor vs the neighbor across the street?
Usually not in Irvine.

There are distinct boundaries by village if you are crossing over TUSD and IUSD.

I don't recall any single village that is both TUSD and IUSD, especially within a tract/street.

I still think this is a mistake, the boundaries will probably be modified so that the gated side is TUSD and the non-gated side is IUSD... or at least by tract within OH. It would be very difficult for a builder to sell homes and tell the buyers that it depends which lot you get.

As far as I know, no one has confirmed what the boundaries actually are.

TIC will tell you to call the school district.  They each have a map.  Terrazza is all TUSD.  Strada is split.  Different lots 19-77 TUSD.  Lots 1-18 and 78-224 IUSD.  Call yourself and get them to fax you.

Trav25 said:
TIC will tell you to call the school district.  They each have a map.  Terrazza is all TUSD.  Strada is split.  Different lots 19-77 TUSD.  Lots 1-18 and 78-224 IUSD.  Call yourself and get them to fax you.

This is a joke.  :-\

Trav25 said:
So it is official? Wow.

Do lots 19-77 have views?

Ocean > School

irvinehomeowner said:
Trav25 said:
So it is official? Wow.

Do lots 19-77 have views?

Ocean > School

TIC should post the map on the OH website.  Make it easier on everyone. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Mom from Lot 78: Honey, I don't want you playing with Aiden from next door
Son: Why mom?
Mom: He's TUSD.

The TUSD schools zoned for OH are all fine and well regarded, but it doesn't make sense to split the district in a development.  What if you have kids already attending Northwood HS and want to buy in Strada?  You're limited to only certain lots and the kid next door (literally) goes to Beckman HS.  Really does this make any sense???

AA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

The TUSD schools zoned for OH are all fine and well regarded, but it doesn't make sense to split the district in a development.  What if you have kids already attending Northwood HS and want to buy in Strada?  You're limited to only certain lots and the kid next door (literally) goes to Beckman HS.  Really does this make any sense???

i think you are making too big of a deal about this. if you want IUSD buy in the IUSD lots. if you want TUSD, buy a TUSD lot.

AA said:
Trav25 said:

This is a joke.  :-\

A simple thank you will do.  The lines drawn were worse before this final draft.

irvinehomeowner said:

Doesn't matter.. All your Irvine kids will be working for my son in the future anyways..

JCUSD > IUSH and TUSD

EXTERIORS

Residence 1-Monterey 1E
Strada-Res1E-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 1-Formal Spanish 1C
Strada-Res1C-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 1-Tuscan 1D
Strada-Res1D-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 2-Northern Italian 2G"R"
Strada-Res2GR-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 2-Formal Spanish 2C"R"
Strada-Res2CR-640x420-large.jpg