Orchard Hills - Pesticides

Hi neighbors. We moved recently to Orchard Hills. This morning I was walking in the neighborhood with my daughter  and we saw the sprayer in the orchard spewing what I suspect are pesticides everywhere. There was a sweet smell in the air in the neighborhood as the spray drifted our way.

There haven?t been posts on this for a while. I signed the petition that they stop using non-organic pesticides/herbicides, especially glyphosate. Does anyone have an update on what is happening at the HOA and city level to combat this?

Thank you. I am glad to hear that and I hope that momentum keeps building.

Unfortunately, as recent as a few months ago members of the Orchard Hills community were informed that glyphosate and other non-organic Herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides are being used both within the Orchard Hills community grounds and in the avocado orchard adjacent to our community.

Does anyone within Orchard Hills know if the efforts to eradicate these have gotten any traction?

Thank you. I am glad to hear that and I hope that momentum keeps building.

Unfortunately, as recent as a few months ago members of the Orchard Hills community were informed that glyphosate and other non-organic Herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides are being used both within the Orchard Hills community grounds and in the avocado orchard adjacent to our community.

Does anyone within Orchard Hills know if the efforts to eradicate these have gotten any traction?
It’s been a few years, are you still seeing this happening? Looking at the update on the petition a few pages back and looks like they have switched to an organic landscaper.

Back