Orchard Hills Homes

I don't even think builders will price the TUSD side at that much of a discount to the IUSD side.

Northpark still trades at a pretty high $/sft and that's TUSD.

notTHEoc said:
qwerty said:
ps9 said:
Might be old news:
http://ideahall.com/news/public-builders-dominate-new-irvine-co-development/

Current builders lined up are Tri-tip homes, KrapBuild, TayMo, Brookfield, and New Home Co.  So at least 5/12 neighborhoods are not iPac.

it says the average cost of each home lot was $1.1M, that sounds kind of high.

That's a lot of ~$2mil homes to sell if that lot price is right.

Short-term (~2-3 yrs), OH not great for neighboring villages (adds supply).
Longer-term, great halo effect if they can sell that many high-end homes.

We know fcbs like irvine, at $2M we are about to find out if they love irvine

Per Irvine Company, homes to the east of culver (not gated) will range from $600k - $1m.  homes to the west of culver (gated) will range from $1m - over $2m.

I am wondering how big the $1m homes will be and if they will have 3 car garages. probably only the $2m+ homes will have 3 car garages. since $1.5-$1.7m homes like La Cresta and Saucilito only have 2 car garages.

irvineboy said:
Per Irvine Company, homes to the east of culver (not gated) will range from $600k - $1m.  homes to the west of culver (gated) will range from $1m - over $2m.
That's what they "say" - I can imangine the price will be over $600k.

when you say 3 car garage.. do you mean 3 car tandem?  Man I just don't like those tandem garages.. I think it will be rare that people even use that third car spot.  Probably be storage or a gym area (also never to be used by the owner ;))

A 3CTG (3-car tandem garage) isn't that bad. You still have extra storage space but you don't get that wider lot footprint (or driveway).

I'll take a 3CTG over a 2CWG.

irvinehomeowner said:
A 3CTG (3-car tandem garage) isn't that bad. You still have extra storage space but you don't get that wider lot footprint (or driveway).

I'll take a 3CTG over a 2CWG.
3CTG is better than regular 2 car garage.  But if I had an option to convert the tandem space into a bigger great room or another space (which is a common builder option), I would probably take the option.

Of course you would. I would rather have three French fries than 2.  We talkin 3 car garage though.

If Stonegate homes are selling at near $400/sf would it be safe to assume that OH homes will sell at nearly $500/sf?

Back