Orchard Hills Homes

bones said:
AA said:
Does anyone know if these homes in Orchard Hills will be designated as being in a Fire Zone?  If so, what would be the incremental cost to insure homes in this area?  Thanks.

Shouldn't u wait until they landscape and see what the perimeter wall color is before you worry about something as mundane as fire zones?  What if u don't like it and it feels "cheap".

Yup. Snarky today. Bahhumbug!

Chill out Bones, it Christmas Eve...I know TIC will not skimp out on perimeter wall finish on this development.  I just need to know if OH is in a fire zone and what that would mean to my insurance bill.

I imagine any fire zone premium can't be more than 20-40/month.  When If I remember correctly a house I looked at in Serrano heights in orange was in a fire Zone and the premium was still under a 100/month

There are model homes going up directly behind Northwood High School now. I saw workers assembling the framing this morning. I think this includes the TUSD side and the IUSD side.

Not sure if this was already discussed, but seems like the TUSD side is gated and the IUSD side is not.  Wonder why they didn't do this the other way around?

aquabliss said:
Not sure if this was already discussed, but seems like the TUSD side is gated and the IUSD side is not.  Wonder why they didn't do this the other way around?

You need the gate for extra protection since you are closer to the Tustin/Santa Ana? 

May be just need the gate for marketing purpose since you are on TUSD side.

lnc said:
aquabliss said:

You need the gate for extra protection since you are closer to the Tustin/Santa Ana? 

May be just need the gate for marketing purpose since you are on TUSD side.

For some reason they chose to put the larger / more pricey homes and lots on that side.  Doesn't quite make sense but they must have thought this through.  Pay $1.5M for your new OH home, get Irvine Address and Tustin School District. 

I'm not entirely sure why ppl are hung up on the schools zoned to each side of OH.  The elementary, middle and high schools are all equivalent.  Only downfall I can see regarding schools is Beckman is further away vs Northwood which is just down the street.  Some folk's neurotic preoccupation with IUSD perplexes me.

OCgasman said:
I'm not entirely sure why ppl are hung up on the schools zoned to each side of OH.  The elementary, middle and high schools are all equivalent.  Only downfall I can see regarding schools is Beckman is further away vs Northwood which is just down the street.  Some folk's neurotic preoccupation with IUSD perplexes me.

Regardless of what the truth of the school equivalency is, the perception will add value to the home.  If 2 homes with same layout and same price are for sale on both sides of Culver, guarantee the IUSD will sell faster.  Just how it is.

aquabliss said:

Because that's where the view lots are.  The greedy 1% er's don't want to share the view.

aquabliss said:
OCgasman said:

Regardless of what the truth of the school equivalency is, the perception will add value to the home.  If 2 homes with same layout and same price are for sale on both sides of Culver, guarantee the IUSD will sell faster.  Just how it is.
But they won't have the same layout.  All different floor plans in a variety of price points with the biggest SFR on the Tustin side (at least on opening).  Whatever, it's marketing and (ignorant) perception.  Kinda like how people think Bose makes great speakers.

That's why homes in certain areas go for more.. perception.  I think you are not realizing how things are but rather.. what you think it should be like.

jmoney74 said:
That's why homes in certain areas go for more.. perception.  I think you are not realizing how things are but rather.. what you think it should be like.

Exactly.  I'll pay more to be zoned for Northwood High since I know when I sell my property I'll have a much easier time.  For me, HS doesn't really matter too much since I went to a pretty crappy one and turned out fine.  The difference between Beckman and NW is negligible. 

Do not for one minute count on your kids walking or biking to high school. We live close enough and there was no reason the kids couldn't walk. They all managed to get other parents to pick them up and drop them off every day........ rain or shine.

Back