Orchard Hills Homes

bookworm said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know which high school would Orchards Hill be zoned to?

Thanks.
Most likely, the Tustin side will be zoned to Beckman and the Irvine side to Northwood.  I can't see this changing, but you never know.  Fwiw, Both HS are excellent and Beckman is rated higher than Northwood by US News if you care about that stuff.

FranchisePlr said:
FCBs are not just in Irvine.  My co-worker lives in Newport Beach and he says many FCBs are buying up in his neighborhood as well.  Sendero @ Rancho Mission Viejo has slowed down a lot since opening other than the Seacountry and Tri-Pointe homes which I feel are better built than the IP homes.  I was interested in the Ryland homes there but the commute back and forth to Irvine would be a B.  I always get called by the sales reps @ Sendero that homes are falling out of escrow all the time from different builders.

I think part of the myth of the FCB is that all mainland Chinese buy with cash. Looking at redfin for some of my mainland Chinese neighbors it says:

Buyer Financing: Conventional

They are FBs not FCBs

Conventional loans need a pay stub from the USA right?  It means they atleast have a green card and are putting down roots in USA.

OpenSky said:
When I suggested the La Vita product looked similar to Jade Ct / Luna nabes, which are priced in the low-mid 600's

La Vita is nothing like Jade Court and Luna.

La Vita
Lot Size: 4,983 - 12,580 sqft (7,500 average)
Home Size: 3,411 - 3,963 sqft

Jade Court
Lot Size: N/A (condo)
Home Size: 1,559 - 1,600 sqft

Luna
Lot Size: N/A (condo)
Home Size: 1,460 - 1,796 sqft

zubs said:
Conventional loans need a pay stub from the USA right?  It means they atleast have a green card and are putting down roots in USA.

Yea they all have jobs here and have lived here in the US for some time. I think when we hear the accent we assume FCB when they often are immigrants from China.

Drove up Culver blvd and went around the IUSD side of OH yesterday.  Is it me or are we seeing a huge bowl/wok again like Laguna Altura? 

test said:
Updated Map

106wsya.jpg

Looking at the topography it appears the view lots will be Trevi and La Vita.  There are 2 tiers, the first tier is at the level of OH school and the second tier is at the level of Amelia.

w33fs.jpg
ftouc8.jpg

I'm guessing the smallest SFR will be around $1.3M to start.

Anyone want to guess if the MR will be as high as PP?

I think TIC is going to try to keep MRs in check here to offset the higher price tags and compete with PP.

At least that's what I would do.

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I think TIC is going to try to keep MRs in check here to offset the higher price tags and compete with PP.

At least that's what I would do.

If you are the builder, why do that? They can pass along as much infrastructure costs as possible by matching the same MR as other offerings.

You differentiate your product based on other factors - lack of contamination on the site, school districts, smaller community = less traffic, etc.
Because as you've said before, you can bake more profit into the price.

PP sells a $1.2m 3000sft home with $8k MRs, TIC sells a $1.2m 2500sft home with $6k MRs... or TIC sells a $1.4m 3000sft home with $8k MRs.

And yes, the other things you mentioned helps too (maybe moreso).

irvineboy said:
You guys think any chance there will have any SFRs starting around $1m?
I think it's almost guaranteed to have SFR ~ $1MM.  It'll be mixed housing with condos to luxery homes.  And OH is huge. 

A market research firm in Costa Mesa that is doing a focus group for Irvine Company in regards to Orchard Hills.  They are ranging the focus groups in 3 categories (700k to 900k) (1 mill to 1.5 mill) (1.5 mil +). 

So based upon that, we could see smaller detached condos (1700-1800 sq ft) from mid 700s.

I wonder what the melloroos will be in the area.  I keep hearing from different agents that it will not be as high as PP ($6k-8k/year)

Back