Orchard Hills Groves - Azul

xlunaxoreox said:
Curious why orchard hills still has so much interest despite the asphalt factory issue? Is the issue overblown or are buyers not aware?

Groves is quite far from the asphalt issue, totally different area

CalBears96 said:
mythicquest said:
https://www.irvinepacific.com/homes/groves-at-orchard-hills/azul

Starting price on the website
Plan 2 starting at 2.1
Plan 3 starting at?.
?
?
2.7 MIL??

Yea sure I?m sure they?re large premium lots with a bit of a view but still? wow

I don't think the $2.7M for plan 3 is view lot, though.  There aren't many view lots. Could be a large lot. I would rather buy Ravello, if there are still any available.

That?s crazy? Do you know which lots are being released first?

Just to refresh, here?s the VTTM which includes the map with lot numbers: https://irvine.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=81&event_id=1906&meta_id=122336

xlunaxoreox said:
Curious why orchard hills still has so much interest despite the asphalt factory issue? Is the issue overblown or are buyers not aware?

For us, better be safe than sorry. Last year before the market was going nut, we were offered a ravello lot as well as a fresco lot in Reserves, OH. My wife refused to jump on it and rather be on Eastwood fresco waiting list. She doesnt like the fact that  OH sits on higher elevation and closer to AAA.  The pollution can easily fly up there. I?ve been living in Woodbury for 13 years I never smelled anything from AAA when i ride bikes or take walks around portola blvd.

Oh yeah she also prefers Eastwood because it?s not gated and lower HOA.  For me, i like gated community. It provides extra protection.

Danimal said:
xlunaxoreox said:

For us, better be safe than sorry. Last year before the market was going nut, we were offered a ravello lot as well as a fresco lot in OH. My wife refused to jump on it and rather be on Eastwood fresco waiting list. She doesnt like the fact that  OH sits on higher elevation and closer to AAA.  The pollution can easily fly up there. I?ve been living in Woodbury for 13 years I never smelled anything from AAA when i ride bikes or take walks around portola blvd.

Oh yeah she also prefers Eastwood because it?s not gated and lower HOA.  For me, i like gated community. It provides extra protection.

Oh yeah , she also refused to buy homes in gated community. (-;

Actually the asphalt issue was first brought up by Eastwood owners lol

mythicquest said:
Danimal said:
xlunaxoreox said:

For us, better be safe than sorry. Last year before the market was going nut, we were offered a ravello lot as well as a fresco lot in OH. My wife refused to jump on it and rather be on Eastwood fresco waiting list. She doesnt like the fact that  OH sits on higher elevation and closer to AAA.  The pollution can easily fly up there. I?ve been living in Woodbury for 13 years I never smelled anything from AAA when i ride bikes or take walks around portola blvd.

It may very well be those houses near portola and jeffrey.  Our lot sits pretty far behind older homes north of Hicks Canyon trail.  I figure those older homes have been living there for years, it shouldnt be a problem 😃.

Danimal said:
mythicquest said:
Danimal said:
xlunaxoreox said:

It may very well be those houses near portola and jeffrey.  Our lot sits pretty far behind older homes north of Hicks Canyon trail.  I figure those older homes have been living there for years, it shouldnt be a problem 😃.

As I posted earlier, we're talking about Groves here. Orchard Hills is not a small area. You're talking about issues with AAA when your house sits less than 1.5 miles away, while this particular Azul tract in Groves is about 2.5 miles away.

So like I said to the previous poster who asked, Groves is quite far from AAA and isn't a meaningful considering for this area.

mythicquest said:
Danimal said:
mythicquest said:
Danimal said:
xlunaxoreox said:

As I posted earlier, we're talking about Groves here. Orchard Hills is not a small area. You're talking about issues with AAA when your house sits less than 1.5 miles away, while this particular Azul tract in Groves is about 2.5 miles away.

So like I said to the previous poster who asked, Groves is quite far from AAA and isn't a meaningful considering for this area.

Curious why orchard hills still has so much interest despite the asphalt factory issue? Is the issue overblown or are buyers not aware?  ?> original thread asked about OH in general, not the Grove. I agree with you OH is huge 😀. I was just expressing our decision making in the Reserve.

What do you think about plan2 Azul?
I think The floor plan is very strange on both floors.
What do you guys think?

among123 said:
What do you guys think?

I don't like plan 2 at all. I think plan 3 is better, but I don't like either one, actually.

CalBears96 said:
among123 said:
What do you guys think?

I don't like plan 2 at all. I think plan 3 is better, but I don't like either one, actually.

I agree with you about plan 2. Not a big fan of dining area in the middle of kitchen and living room.

I like plan 3 with the office and bedroom downstair. I wish IP offers this layout in the fresco model 3+. Instead of downstair full master suite, split it up into a guest room and a den/office. It?s more practical.

I think everywhere in Irvine is garnering a lot of interest. But from what I can tell, OH still seems to be the most in demand in the Northern Irvine Area. I think it being gated gives it that premium feel is my assumption and of course that is up for debate as some will agree or disagree. As someone relatively new to Irvine and toured all the new developments in the area from GP to PS to EW, SG and OH, I personally liked the feel of OH better and im talking groves sides as I never really explored the reserves side. I dont think the asphalt issue is as big of an issue as it has been in Reserves side or even EW and I do think majority of buyers are aware now of the asphalt issue.

Danimal said:
mythicquest said:
Danimal said:
mythicquest said:
Danimal said:
xlunaxoreox said:

Curious why orchard hills still has so much interest despite the asphalt factory issue? Is the issue overblown or are buyers not aware?  ?> original thread asked about OH in general, not the Grove. I agree with you OH is huge 😀. I was just expressing our decision making in the Reserve.

CalBears96 said:
Sysko said:

Not that I could afford these homes, but I don't like either floorplan. I particularly dislike Residence 2's downstairs floorplan, with dining room between kitchen and great room.

These floorplans are a mess, especially plan 2. Can someone please explain to me why they chose to have the kitchen jut out the way they did? It looks like a waste of space. It's not quite big enough to fit a table or anything else for that matter. If they were going to have it extend out that little bit, they should have had doors there in lieu of windows.

I know I always sound like an IP hater, but I'm just so bored with them. Obviously people are still going to buy them, but they're so lackluster. Every project is just a copy of their previous tracts with minor changes here and there.

At 2.7M I would see myself right on over to Cetara. 

You might have an issue...2.7 will no longer get you Cetara...

irviniteeee said:
CalBears96 said:
Sysko said:

Not that I could afford these homes, but I don't like either floorplan. I particularly dislike Residence 2's downstairs floorplan, with dining room between kitchen and great room.

These floorplans are a mess, especially plan 2. Can someone please explain to me why they chose to have the kitchen jut out the way they did? It looks like a waste of space. It's not quite big enough to fit a table or anything else for that matter. If they were going to have it extend out that little bit, they should have had doors there in lieu of windows.

I know I always sound like an IP hater, but I'm just so bored with them. Obviously people are still going to buy them, but they're so lackluster. Every project is just a copy of their previous tracts with minor changes here and there.

At 2.7M I would see myself right on over to Cetara.

Kvdyam said:
Lot 33 and 48

damn that's spicy. wonder how the other view lots on longchamp will be listed for. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this 2.7 price. Originally thought it might be a typo but I guess it is real after all

mythicquest said:
Kvdyam said:
Lot 33 and 48

damn that's spicy. wonder how the other view lots on longchamp will be listed for. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this 2.7 price. Originally thought it might be a typo but I guess it is real after all

It seems to be a bigger lot, but that much for lot premium?

Back