Orchard Hills - Capella by Taylor Morrison

qwerty said:
Perspective said:
If living in Capella saves each spouse an hour total in commuting time each day, relative to Laguna Niguel, and your household hourly income is ~$125, then choosing the Laguna Niguel house costs you ~$65K annually in time. That's effectively ~$650K over one decade.

A lot of folks are on salary. So this doesn't really apply. And you are assuming that someone is just willing to pay you $125/hour all the time and if you commute you lose that $125/hour.

It's a thought exercise on the value of time. Folks in this price range tend to dislike wasting time sitting in a car twice daily, and they have the resources to avoid as much waste as possible.

hello said:
dethman said:
irvineboy said:
139 Long Fence for sale at $1.45m
Think they purchased not too long ago for for $1.261m
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/139-Long-Fence-92602/home/87759831

This is going to drag down the competitive comps in the neighborhood.  What idiot sellers.

Wait So u think this is over or underpriced?

Its overpriced...

How does an overpriced listing drag down comps?  There are several overpriced listings in my neighborhood and yeah I think they are idiots but I welcome overpriced listings as there may be a greater fool out there that will pay more than its worth and bring up the comps.

Marty said:
hello said:
dethman said:
irvineboy said:
139 Long Fence for sale at $1.45m
Think they purchased not too long ago for for $1.261m
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/139-Long-Fence-92602/home/87759831

This is going to drag down the competitive comps in the neighborhood.  What idiot sellers.

Wait So u think this is over or underpriced?

Its overpriced...

How does an overpriced listing drag down comps?  There are several overpriced listings in my neighborhood and yeah I think they are idiots but I welcome overpriced listings as there may be a greater fool out there that will pay more than its worth and bring up the comps.

I didnt say it will drag down comps.  Im just simply stating that its overpriced.  Capella homes have had a hard time selling this year for much less than this.  Homes sales in this price range has been slowing significantly and this is listed for much higher than what homes in Capella have been selling for.  I just quickly looked at this home history and it looks like its been on and off the market for 1 year now.  Its listed higher now than it was 1 year ago.  If it couldnt sell for all of one year, what makes anyone think a higher price will sell it now???

@hello: you must be a renter, every other post you seem to make is either critical of the home price, or is always hypothesizing saying the market will crash.

Sounds like maybe you missed getting a home when the market was lower than it is now... having a case of sour grapes perhaps?

Taking one home out of the entire series of Capella homes, and making a blanket statement about the overall market is really stretching it IMO.

Laguna21 said:
@hello: you must be a renter, every other post you seem to make is either critical of the home price, or is always hypothesizing saying the market will crash.

Sounds like maybe you missed getting a home when the market was lower than it is now... having a case of sour grapes perhaps?

Taking one home out of the entire series of Capella homes, and making a blanket statement about the overall market is really stretching it IMO.

You are to Capella as Perspective is to Strada.  The house is overpriced.  Get over it and dont take it so personal. 

hello said:
Laguna21 said:

You are to Capella as Perspective is to Strada.  The house is overpriced.  Get over it and dont take it so personal.

I have no clue what you are talking about? :D We don't even own a Capella residence, I just see your constant negative posts about the real estate market, get over the fact that you never got in early enough, and quit the sour grapes mentality. The constant negativity is completely apparent. Just take a look at your post history for yourself, every single post you make about everything is so negative :D Take a chill pill.

hello said:
Laguna21 said:

Fair enough. And we continue to be proved right on pricing, at least at Strada, and you continue to be proved wrong. There's no shame in being wrong. There's some shame in denying facts.

Perspective said:
hello said:
Laguna21 said:

Fair enough. And we continue to be proved right on pricing, at least at Strada, and you continue to be proved wrong. There's no shame in being wrong. There's some shame in denying facts.

I wasn't denying facts re: Capella pricing, it was clearly overpriced at launch - what I was saying was that @hello seems to always post negatively about everything in general aka the market, environmental issues, sounding like an alarmist type of person.

Perspective said:
hello said:
Laguna21 said:

Anyone would be a fool to deny what prices have done in the last few years.  So to imply that I have denied this fact is a classic strawman argument.  My point however is that prices have increased too much and are now overpriced.  As such I believe that we are near or nearing peak prices for this cycle.  I dont know why you guys have your panties in a bunch whenever someone makes this statement.  You take it so personally its quite comical.  Its probably because you are so heavily invested in your homes, but thats just a guess. 

Laguna21 said:
Perspective said:
hello said:
Laguna21 said:

I wasn't denying facts re: Capella pricing, it was clearly overpriced at launch - what I was saying was that @hello seems to always post negatively about everything in general aka the market, environmental issues, sounding like an alarmist type of person.

Dude you are so high strung and so defensive, you are responding back to posts not even direct at you.  LOL 

hello said:
Perspective said:
hello said:
Laguna21 said:

Anyone would be a fool to deny what prices have done in the last few years.  So to imply that I have denied this fact is a classic strawman argument.  My point however is that prices have increased too much and are now overpriced.  As such I believe that we are near or nearing peak prices for this cycle.  I dont know why you guys have your panties in a bunch whenever someone makes this statement.  You take it so personally its quite comical.  Its probably because you are so heavily invested in your homes, but thats just a guess.

We will see if time tells, and if you are right but I have a feeling you are on the flip-side of this as a renter, and hoping/praying for a pipe dream and for prices to crash, because you did not get into the market while it was ripe for the picking.

You thinking that all of us home owners are taking it personally is comical, I'd much rather be a home owner than a renter right now, especially because we are in it for the long-haul :D

Take your alarmist mentality and move on, and not being defensive at all. We know we are in a good position with our primary residence and rentals, so no offense taken whatsoever :D Like I said, I think it's YOU who needs to take a chill pill.

Laguna21 said:
hello said:
Perspective said:
hello said:
Laguna21 said:

We will see if time tells, and if you are right but I have a feeling you are on the flip-side of this as a renter, and hoping/praying for a pipe dream and for prices to crash, because you did not get into the market while it was ripe for the picking.

You thinking that all of us home owners are taking it personally is comical, I'd much rather be a home owner than a renter right now, especially because we are in it for the long-haul :D

Take your alarmist mentality and move on, and not being defensive at all. We know we are in a good position with our primary residence and rentals, so no offense taken whatsoever :D Like I said, I think it's YOU who needs to take a chill pill.

It may surprise you to know I have a few rentals...  LOL  Can only renters have a negative view on homes?  BTW you keep telling me to take a chill pill, but its obvious you are the one with the panties in a bunch just because I state my opinion.  I dont have any issues with your opinions...

Back