Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts

That was a "wow" article on the shooters.

These killings won't get the usual media coverage because:

A) The shooters didn't use an AR-15

B) The shooter was a leftist.

C) The other shooter was "Transitioning"

Or D) All of the above because these facts go against narrative.

I know some howl everytime its brought up, but the majority of all mass shooters have lived through parents who have divorced, therapy drug use, or both.  We see this again here with this school shooting. Rather than taking guns away from the law abiding, narrowing any gun control first steps down to a few tell tale indicators might be a wise pathway forward.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:

I know some howl everytime its brought up, but the majority of all mass shooters have lived through parents who have divorced, therapy drug use, or both.  We see this again here with this school shooting. Rather than taking guns away from the law abiding, narrowing any gun control first steps down to a few tell tale indicators might be a wise pathway forward.

My .02c

Why is that a "wow" article?  Who talked about taking guns away from everyone? 

So your conclusion is that we should take away the rights of those who have divorced parents and/or use therapy drugs instead of gun control? 

Weird that it's the first reaction you have on something like this...but it's basically the reaction I get from most gun owners..."WHAT ABOUT MY GUNS".

It's a "Wow" article because if you read or listen to just about any US based media outlet, one would have thought the shooters suddenly woke up yesterday morning and decided to go on a Columbine style rampage. KNX (CBS News) had this story as their lead at 8:00 AM. Zero info on motive, weapons used, and other tropes found in the anti-2A movement. The media silence about these key factors speaks loudly about agenda, and not about preventing violence.

Yes, if your on psychotropic meds your access to weapons should be limited to tasers. Yes, if you are under 18, the child of divorced parents exhibit anti-social behavior, and if the parents are gun owners they should be counseled about what the indicators are for violence. Yes, also, parents of shooters must be jailed for negligence. Do not pass "Go", Do not Collect $200. Straight to Jail.

That IMHO is a starting point for reasonable gun control.

It's a "Wow" article because if you read or listen to just about any US based media outlet, one would have thought the shooters suddenly woke up yesterday morning and decided to go on a Columbine style rampage. KNX (CBS News) had this story as their lead at 8:00 AM. Zero info on motive, weapons used, and other tropes found in the anti-2A movement. The media silence about these key factors speaks loudly about agenda, and not about preventing violence.

Yes, if your on psychotropic meds your access to weapons should be limited to tasers. Yes, if you are under 18, the child of divorced parents exhibit anti-social behavior, and if the parents are gun owners they should be counseled about what the indicators are for violence. Yes, also, parents of shooters must be jailed for negligence. Do not pass "Go", Do not Collect $200. Straight to Jail.

That IMHO is a starting point for reasonable gun control.

Why are we talking about the media...are any of us a member of the media?  Did anyone talk about the media?  It seems like that's the first thing that gun owners jump to.  I am about solutions, not spin.

What is consider psychotropic meds?  What percentage of kids/people who take "psychotropic meds" shoot up schools or other people?

I would say that many children who have divorced parents exhibit anti-social behavior.  What is considered anti-social behavior?  So if the parent is busy working 3 jobs to support his or her family because he or she is divorced and the kid goes shoots people, the parent should be jailed..no questions asked?

Weird that you accept and promote this level of rights intrusions on children and parents but not as to whether we should have similar levels of rights intrusion for gunowners.

This kid has been screaming for help, someone let him down.

Transgender Denver high school student is identified as 'second gunman who killed one classmate and wounded eight', as friends refer to him as a 'tortured soul' who 'didn't get the support he needed'

Alec McKinney has been accused of killing one classmate, injuring eiAlec McKinney has been accused of killing one classmate, injuring eight others
Allegedly stormed STEM School Highlands Ranch with friend Devon Erickson
Authorities have been describing McKinney as a female juvenile named Maya
But friends confirmed McKinney identifies as male and prefers to be called 'Alec'
When McKinney appeared in court, attorney said he preferred the pronoun 'he'
Friends have taken to McKinney's Instagram to reveal he was suffering from mental health issues and 'desperately needed' help

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7008381/Classmates-reveal-second-Denver-gunman-transgender-didnt-support-needed.html

These kids get it right...

STEM students storm out, chant ?mental health? when gun-control activist, Dems politicize vigil for victims

Dozens, if not hundreds, of STEM School Highlands Ranch students walked out in anger Wednesday evening after two congressional Democrats and a far-left group politicized a vigil for a student who was killed during a mass shooting at the Colorado school Tuesday.

As noted by Saavedra, she demonized pro-Second Amendment politicians, asked the students to elect Democrats into office and requested that they raise money for gun control advocates.

After walking out on her politicized speech, the students reportedly chanted ?mental health,? held their own vigil outside and then later returned to the auditorium to blast Democrats and their allies with Moms Demand Action for disrespecting them.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/05/09/stem-students-storm-out-chant-mental-health-when-gun-control-activist-politicians-hijack-vigil-for-victims-753054

My .02c

Wow, SGIP, you called it almost perfectly...

Why the Media Suddenly Lost Interest in the Latest School Shooting

After the shooting, other than some virtue signaling by the media, the story has left the front pages, as the narrative may be inconvenient for the leftist agenda. CNN and MSNBC have lived up to their reputation as ?drive-by media? by quickly moving on. No interviews with David Hogg or other gun control fanatics. So, what are some of the inconvenient aspects to this story that the media would prefer to drive by without any discussion or analysis?

Let?s start with the weapons. The two shooters, ?opened fire with handguns that were concealed in a guitar case?, as reported by the Daily Mail in an unexpected good faith effort at honest journalism. Handguns? What happened to those evil AR-15?s or ?assault weapons? that Democrats and the media constantly warn about? These are what the Huffington Post calls ?weapons of war.?
This was not the narrative that the media wanted to report on. They would prefer David Hogg ranting and raving, blaming Trump, the NRA, and toxic white masculinity for the shooting. How inconvenient that the affected students chanted ?mental health? and didn?t join in the predictable politicization of a tragedy by the left.

One of the two shooters didn?t fit this mold. He was anti-Christian, critical of President Trump, a registered Democrat, and supportive of left-wing Occupy Democrats. In other words, his views were perfectly aligned with the Democrat Party base, a perspective big media would prefer to avoid discussing.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/05/why_the_media_suddenly_lost_interest_in_the_latest_school_shooting.html#ixzz5o1Awdpq2

Always making excuses.
The other post blames it on the divorce parents. I guess we can also look at the food diet of shooters. Maybe that had too much soda or too much junk food and their brain is not acting right. Lol (Come on give me a break!)

It?s not the same as we grew up and before that. Times are changing. I repeat times are changing.

Fix America because it?s like out of control. (Opioids and violence)

Not excuses..explanations...broken family is yet another factor here. I don't think these kids had an ideal family situation.

Speaking of violent behavior, the father of one of the shooters is a twice deported illegal from Mexico, jailed previously for domestic violence against the shooter?s mother. Illegals are revered by the Democrat Party and any connection between an illegal and the shooting will be dutifully ignored by most of the media.

Lastly one of the Colorado shooters was transgender, a female transitioning into a male. I?m sure there is a specific gender identity term for such a person, but I am not woke enough to know what that term is. Suffice it to say, a female becoming a male will be taking testosterone. There is scientific evidence of an association between higher testosterone levels and aggressive or violent behavior.

In the mainstream media, transgenders are the highest form of human evolution. It would be most inconvenient to raise even the possibility of an association between gender transitioning and the recent school shooting, so don?t expect Meet the Press or Face the Nation to discuss any of this.

fortune11 said:
New Zealand has just banned civilian ownership of semi-automatic weapons.

Within 48 hours of the country?s worst shooting.

This is how it?s done.

...and it turns out just words again...nothing really changes.

Noncompliance Kneecaps New Zealand's Gun Control Scheme
As of last week, only around 700 weapons had been turned over.

Traditionally relaxed in its approach to firearms regulation, and enjoying a low crime rate, New Zealand has no firearms registration rule. That means authorities have no easy way of knowing what guns are in circulation or who owns them.

"These weapons are unlikely to be confiscated by police because they don't know of their existence," Philippa Yasbek of Gun Control NZ admitted. "These will become black-market weapons if their owners choose not to comply with the law and become criminals instead."

"In Australia it is estimated that only about 20% of all banned self-loading rifles have been given up to the authorities," wrote Franz Csaszar, professor of criminology at the University of Vienna, after Australia's 1996 compensated confiscation of firearms following a mass murder in Port Arthur, Tasmania. Csaszar put the number of illegally retained arms in Australia at between two and five million.

"Many members of the community still possess grey-market firearms because they did not surrender these during the 1996?97 gun buyback," the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission conceded in a 2016 report. "The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission continues to conservatively estimate that there are more than 260,000 firearms in the illicit firearms market."

And who can claim to be surprised? By refusing to comply with restrictions, New Zealand gun owners are just following in the footsteps of their counterparts in Australia, Europe, and the United States. In each of these places, and many more besides, gun owners ignored laws, kept their property out of sight, and frustrated efforts to disarm them.

https://reason.com/2019/07/08/noncompliance-kneecaps-new-zealands-gun-control-scheme/

you are posting one random online opinion pieces and claiming "nothing changes" .  WTF do you know about on the ground reality in new zealand ?

BTW , where is NRA TV now ?

Take the word from someone who would know then...

New Zealand struggles to enforce gun-control law
Pro-gun groups threaten legal action as government buyback program falters

Philippa Yasbek, co-founder of Gun Control NZ... Yasbek pointed out that some of the banned weapons, including AR-15 rifles, fall into Category ?A? in the New Zealand licensing system, which means they were not required to be registered in police databases and as such will be impossible to trace.

?These weapons are unlikely to be confiscated by police because they don?t know of their existence,? she said

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/06/30/new-zealand-struggles-to-enforce-gun-control-law/

you are telling me that every country has some illegal weapons that never be eliminated / seized  ?  wow that's definitely news , thanks. 

No, i'm saying sweeping gun control legislation and knee jerk political virtue signalling produced 700 guns out of 1,200,000 guns being turned over....that is tantamount to....nothing changes. That is news...for some.

Over 500 guns handed in since ban, but others might not surrender them

Since the Government's decision to ban semi-automatic guns in April, hundreds of firearms have been handed over to police.

Approximately 530 firearms have been handed in following the announcement of the ban, a police spokesperson has confirmed.

However, police are anticipating a number of people with banned firearms in their possession won't surrender them, according to documents obtained by Stuff in an OIA.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-shooting/113075749/over-500-guns-handed-in-since-ban-but-others-might-not-surrender-them

fortune11 said:
you are telling me that every country has some illegal weapons that never be eliminated / seized  ?  wow that's definitely news , thanks.

700 turned in out of 1,200,000 out there seem to be more than "some."

NZ never intended the ban to work. You can't go from unfettered gun possession to ban in a single leap. That's why gun control conspiracies in the US always claim they just want to do background checks, etc. and they have no intention of taking away anyone's guns. Of course, the purpose of background checks and registrations is to compile a list for future confiscation. Good thing people are not as dumb as Liberals think they are.

You were right about one thing fortune, this kind of guilt driven, virtue signaling, liberal failure is ?how it?s done!?

Back