Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts

Burn That Belly said:
I'm tired of talking about this. Let's go back to the other side to talk about Irvine.  ;D

Parkland, Florida is pretty close to Irvine

Parkland:

Median income:  $128,292
Per Capital Income:  $54,337
Percent Poverty:  3.5%
HS grad:  96%
Bachelor Degree:  58%

Irvine:

Median Income:  $93,823
Per Capita:  $45,120
Poverty:  1.2%
HS grad: 96.6
Bachelor Deg:  68%

Marjorj Stoneman Douglas High:  No. 623

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/florida/districts/broward-county-public-schools/marjory-stoneman-douglas-high-school-4749 

Northwood:  304
University High:  340
Woodbridge:  657
Irvine High:  1447

Orange County History Moment:

Did you know the liberal media's current favorite gun the AR-15 was invented right here in Orange County? The Armalite company of Costa Mesa created the AR-15 in the early 1950s. When I was a kid in the 1980s I visited the Armalite office on 16th Street in Costa Mesa and saw some amazing stuff. Too bad Costa Mesa is now more known for pregnant Mainland Chinese ladies than engineering innovation.

Burn That Belly said:
We're Averaging One School Shooting Every 60 Hours In 2018https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-averaging-one-school-shooting-234023624.html

By the way, somebody on yahoo mentioned, assault rifles have been in existence way back since the 1960s. So why weren't there any school shootings back then?

Perhaps because society has given birth to deranged and crazy lunatic children.

There Were Three School Shootings This Year, Not 18. That?s Still Too Many.

Any number of school shootings is too many. And, at this time when we are so rightly hurting at yesterday?s brutality in Parkland, Fla., a sensationalist report has gone viral, claiming that there have been 18 such acts this year alone. The factoid has been promoted by countless major media and political figures, as well as by celebrities. Indeed, such a number would mean an unprecedented crisis. But it?s not true.

The original source of the figure is Mike Bloomberg?s gun-control advocacy organization, Everytown for Gun Safety. The organization arrives at the figure by defining a ?school shooting? as any time a gun is fired at or near a school, college, or university, regardless of whether students are present or anyone is injured. In fact, if one counts only events where a shooter enters a school and shoots someone, there have been three school shootings, including yesterday?s. (The other spree shooting was in Kentucky and a murder happened at a school in Texas.) This information is viewable on Everytown?s site itself, as a click on any location reveals the details and news sources of the incident in question.

Everytown?s list includes incidents such as an adult committing suicide in the parking lot of a school that had long been closed down and gun violence in the neighborhood where California State University?San Bernardino is located (it is one of the most crime-ridden cities in the country, with California?s second-highest murder rate.) While such acts are obviously cause for concern in their own right, all that conflating these incidents with ?school shootings? does is to create a climate of terror.

Suicide and violent crime are very real social problems, but they are not the same thing as school shootings.

Read more at:http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/456479/18-school-shootings-2018-viral-stat-wrong

Happiness said:
Orange County History Moment:

Did you know the liberal media's current favorite gun the AR-15 was invented right here in Orange County? The Armalite company of Costa Mesa created the AR-15 in the early 1950s. When I was a kid in the 1980s I visited the Armalite office on 16th Street in Costa Mesa and saw some amazing stuff. Too bad Costa Mesa is now more known for pregnant Mainland Chinese ladies than engineering innovation.

Huh ? I thought it was known for uneducated white dudes and their monster trucks .  What dayah know ...

Yes , lets compare ourselves to China now ...  And not the rest of the developed world -- yay, atleast we are better than "Gina"

China has smog on days such that you cant see 10 feet ahead of you -- you want to enjoy that in CA ?

The EASIEST way and CHEAPEST way is to hire armed security at every school. Come on. Schools get something like $8,000 for each student per year per enrollment. You're telling me schools can't afford to hire a $60,000 armed security personnel?

I read somewhere that school did have an armed security guard, but with a school that size, one person can't be very effective.  Better to just make school uniforms that have bullet proof vests.

Does anyone remember the story about the UCI professor and Uni? If he had actually been serious, I don't think one for even two armed security would have made much difference in a big open campus.

Burn That Belly said:
Here you go ladies and gentlemen!  Sort the list by country. You will see obviously that USA has the highest frequency but China (a country that bans guns) has plenty of school massacres as well. Same thing with Germany and a few in Canada.

Once again, guns are not necessary for school massacres.

Perhaps, what we can do is raise the minimum age to 26 to own and purchase firearms. However, that still wouldn't stop an old ass bloke like Stephen Paddock.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres_by_death_toll

I am not a combat veteran ... But even I can tell you this killer in Florida ---  had he been brandishing a knife or even a samurai sword --- could have been stopped at a death count  way, way below 17 ...

fortune11 said:
Burn That Belly said:
Here you go ladies and gentlemen!  Sort the list by country. You will see obviously that USA has the highest frequency but China (a country that bans guns) has plenty of school massacres as well. Same thing with Germany and a few in Canada.

Perhaps, what we can do is raise the minimum age to 26 to own and purchase firearms. However, that still wouldn't stop an old ass bloke like Stephen Paddock.

I am not a combat veteran ... But even I can tell you this killer in Florida ---  had he been brandishing a knife or even a samurai sword --- could have been stopped at a death count  way, way below 17 ...

Don't underestimate the samurai sword. Two Japanese soldiers killed over 100 Chinese civilians with a samuari sword in a contest in Nanking China in 1937:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Contest_To_Cut_Down_100_People.jpg

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
Burn That Belly said:

Don't underestimate the samurai sword. Two Japanese soldiers killed over 100 Chinese civilians with a samuari sword in a contest in Nanking in 1937:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Contest_To_Cut_Down_100_People.jpg

You know , we can live with a once in a 100-year Japanese samurai master carving up people like sushi

at-least we won't have these monthly (or sometimes weekly) headlines -- gets sickening just to watch after a while

fortune11 said:
Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
Burn That Belly said:

Don't underestimate the samurai sword. Two Japanese soldiers killed over 100 Chinese civilians with a samuari sword in a contest in Nanking in 1937:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Contest_To_Cut_Down_100_People.jpg

You know , we can live with a once in a 100-year Japanese samurai master carving up people like sushi

at-least we won't have these monthly (or sometimes weekly) headlines -- gets sickening just to watch after a while
You can live with horrific war crimes but criminal shootings sickens you?

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
Burn That Belly said:

You can live with horrific war crimes but criminal shootings sickens you?

Sigh ... why do you make me work so hard ... thought it was obvious to everyone

We are NOT talking about war crimes

If once in a 100 years --  we get a samurai style mass killer that is so skilled -- that he or she can achieve the same murderous "effect " as an unskilled madman with an AR-15  ---  that risk is much much less than any wacko out there who can lay his hands on automatic weapons any day he or she wants

Ok , lets come back to what hits home to every one on this board -- all the buyers , sellers , renters , real estate agents  , mortgage brokers , financial advisors ..

For all the chest thumping about gun rights

which neighborhood is likely to have better desirability  --

one full of gun nuts with self defense arsenals in their garages or

one where you have educated "blue leaning" professionals wiling to rely on local police force that is well funded with their taxes , but don't mind keeping an occasional handgun if so inclined . 

No need to answer ...

Burn That Belly said:
fortune11 said:
Ok , lets come back to what hits home to every one on this board -- all the buyers , sellers , renters , real estate agents  , mortgage brokers , financial advisors ..

For all the chest thumping about gun rights

which neighborhood is likely to have better desirability  --

one full of gun nuts with self defense arsenals in their garages or

one where you have educated "blue leaning" professionals wiling to rely on local police force that is well funded with their taxes , but don't mind keeping an occasional handgun if so inclined . 

No need to answer ...

The best neighborhood with the highest desirability is a neighborhood that is "majority" empty stucco boxes that are FCB buyers that don't even live here. The homes will have no noise, no wear and tear in the homes, streets, neighborhood, parks, and schools, means it always stays looking brand new which means no theft and no crime (because nothing to steal) and is GOOD for appreciation  ;D

Yes , God bless those silent buyers boosting our home values , thy bounty is limitless

Now please don't any AR-15 worshippers scare them away from Irvine  ...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...l-students-criticize-gop-reaction-to-shooting

Students from high school targeted in mass shooting criticize GOP reaction

Several students at the Florida high school where a gunman killed nearly 20 people Wednesday took to social media in the aftermath of the shooting to criticize Republican leaders and media personalities for their response to the United States' latest mass shooting

Most of the student's anger was directed at President Trump. On Thursday morning, Trump suggested that the suspected shooter was "mentally disturbed" and should've been reported to police more, but made no mention of potential gun control measures.

Some students at the school criticized Trump on social media, with one telling Trump to be quiet "unless you are going to do something about gun control."

Nikolas Cruz, 19, was charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder Thursday morning after authorities said he opened fire in Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, killing at least 17 people and injuring more than a dozen others.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that Cruz legally purchased the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle he allegedly used in the shooting. Cruz had been kicked out of the school and flagged as a threat.

The students also responded to conservative media personality and Fox News contributor Tomi Lahren, who pushed back on calls for gun control after the shooting by writing that it "isn't about a gun it's about another lunatic."

"I was hiding a closet for 2 hours," one student responded on Twitter. "It was about guns."

A number of students and teachers from the school did interviews late Wednesday in which they called on Congress to act to curb gun violence.

Back