Oil

If you read CalBears' posts in the voice of Skeletor, it makes them a lot more entertaining.

iu

...There!...Respect is restored!!....

Diplomatic FAIL: OPEC once again rebuffs Biden?s pleas for more oil

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), the powerful Middle Eastern oil cartel, stuck to its planned incremental production increase, shrugging off calls from the West for greater supply.

Both the cartel and Russia, collectively known as OPEC+, will stick to their plan to raise production by a modest 432,000 barrels per day in June, multiple delegates told Reuters, despite pleas from the Biden administration.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/0...in-rebuffs-bidens-pleas-for-more-oil-1234186/

CalBears96 said:
Only a moron like moretroll would call Trump, a guy who has filed bankruptcy SIX times, a businessman.

All while continuing to grow his net worth, and making a couple major banks agree to cents on the dollar. Also recently did a nice cash out on his trophy SF property and has another winning hand via DWAC. Yeah, businessman.

Gotta love Santelli...he calls it like he sees it... ;D ;D >:D

?We?re All Doomed?: CNBC Host Levels Stark Prediction For Economy

CNBC?s Rick Santelli warned Friday on ?Squawk Box? that the world economy is ?doomed? if leaders keep bucking fossil fuels.

?I think it?s really funny when I see the Eurozone debating about what to do with oil and gas, and Putin?s somewhere watching it. It just seems really weird, he?s holding the switch. He can do it anytime he wants,? Santelli added. ?And I still say, if there?s one word about what the future of the world?s economy looks like down the road, and people aren?t going to like this, it?s about the cost of energy. If people want to keep energy prices high and the governments want to have secret meetings about really not being all that enamored with fossil fuels at this point in history, then we?re all doomed to slower economies down the road, period.?

President Joe Biden has reversed several Trump-era energy policies since taking office, with former Interior Secretary David Bernhardt recently saying the move has hurt Americans amid the Ukraine crisis.

?As a candidate, President Biden was very, very clear that he had a different energy vision than the vision of energy independence ? even energy dominance ? that Trump had,? Bernhardt told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/06/...ick-santelli-levels-stark-prediction-economy/

Unicorns and rainbows...

AUTOS
EV battery costs could spike 22% by 2026 as raw material shortages drag on

The cost to produce electric vehicles is primed to surge over the next four years, according to a new report from research firm E Source.
The spike is the result of scarcity in key raw materials needed to make EV battery cells.
E Source estimates battery cell prices will surge 22% from 2023 through 2026, peaking at $138 per kilowatt-hour.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/ev-...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

irvinehomeowner said:
And gas is over $6 a gallon... while I am enjoying my sweet EV gas immunity.

How much did that cost you?  How much did the home charger cost to put in?  How much has your home energy bill gone up?
What will you do in ten years when the battery dies?  Your costs will even out and the batteries (production and disposal) will kill the earth.  It's a push.
;D ;D >:D

Every word in morekaos' purple texts is literally true.

It's when you group them into sentences that problems arise.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

How much did that cost you?  How much did the home charger cost to put in?  How much has your home energy bill gone up?
What will you do in ten years when the battery dies?  Your costs will even out and the batteries (production and disposal) will kill the earth.  It's a push.

This just displays either your ignorance or your lack of desire to explore new and alternative technologies.

We actually only use Level 1 charging, so any 110v outlet in our garage works... charges overnight and we are good. If we need something faster or a larger recharge, just go to a Supercharger and go shopping, eat a meal or whatever.

Increase in monthly cost is less than $100 for 2 EVs... do the math on how much that would cost in gas. And, when we go solar... that will be even less.

I don't keep cars past 4 years... not many keep cars past 10 years if you want modern technology and safety features... at that point, you are collecting cars, not driving them.

Battery tech is advancing so we can recycle the materials... can you recycle the gas emissions back into oil?

Also, the driving experience is so good with an EV over ICE... quieter, cooler, instant torque, 4-wheel steering with upcoming trucks.

Do you still use flip phone? :)

irvinehomeowner said:

IHO - what was your estimated breakeven point on the EV? The higher gas costs definitely pull in the time frame.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

IHO - what was your estimated breakeven point on the EV? The higher gas costs definitely pull in the time frame.

I just did fuzzy math.

My Model Y was less than $50k which is what you are spending on any luxury crossover anyways.

My monthly electric bill increase was less than gas prior to the Putin crap.

I was already driving a PHEV prior to the Tesla so I was already saving gas money for the past 4 years... so I knew going full EV was a no-brainer.

So really... it was break-even from the jump... and that was without the Fed credit (since Teslas don't qualify)... but our 2nd EV was not a Tesla so we got the Uncle Same bonus on that one.

Really this doesn't affect me much. I drive a 1991 restored Ford Bronco on weekends for fun. My commute is 1/2 a mile from my home by golf cart. The real pain comes in filling up my yacht for this summer..that sucks but I am fortunate, I can afford it.  Most in this economy can't...the middle and lower class suffers the most and they don't have many options to ease the pain...sucks for them ;D ;D >:D

morekaos said:
Really this doesn't affect me much.
... I can afford it. 
... the middle and lower class suffers the most
...sucks for them

This is your real story... selfishness.

The patterns in your posts reveal all.

Where is Liar Loan to scold you for getting yours and not thinking about the little guy?

irvinehomeowner said:

So what happens when you get a blackout this summer and you can't charge your car for work?

NERC alerts California, Texas, and the Midwest of potential summer energy shortages
California: the greatest concern for NERC
Texas, New England, and the Midcontinent ISO were found to have an ?elevated risk? of blackout due to new extreme weather conditions, said NERC in recent testimony.  However, California is the ?greatest concern? of all the forecasted territories.

Accordingly, the corporation estimates that 11 GW of energy imports could be necessary for the state to meet late afternoon peak demand. In contrast, an average day needs 1 GW.

Responding to NERC?s declarations, California Independent System Operator (CAISO) officials acknowledged that although there is cause for concern, the system is better situated than it was a year ago.

In fact, in February and March this year, the California Public Utilities Commission approved measures to shore up resources. Therefore, the state could include directing utilities to contract additional capacity from a variety of sources.

Thus, CAISO ?anticipates supply conditions in 2021 to be better than 2020,? said the grid operator in its 2021 Summer Loads and Resources Assessment. However, it continues to see potential challenges in meeting demand during extreme heatwaves.
https://energycapitalmedia.com/2021/05/19/nerc-california-texas-midwest/

Unless your gas station has a backup generator, then ICE cars will be out of luck as well. If things get bad, Californians will likely invest more in solar/batteries and generators

iacrenter said:
Unless your gas station has a backup generator, then ICE cars will be out of luck as well. If things get bad, Californians will likely invest more in solar/batteries and generators

Nah...I will wake up and get in my Bronco, start it up (because the tank is always full) and go to work.  Tesla owners will be calling Uber round trip if any are available.

why would tesla owners be calling for uber round trip, do all tesla owners have zero charge when black outs happens, and only you have a full tank on your bronco?  are we expecting black out for consecutive weeks, months?  ice folks would face similar issues if that happens at the pump

let me guess, if that happens, fortunately for you, you'll be on your yacht and sucks for everyone else?

AW said:
why would tesla owners be calling for uber round trip, do all tesla owners have zero charge when black outs happens, and only you have a full tank on your bronco?  are we expecting black out for consecutive weeks, months?  ice folks would face similar issues if that happens at the pump

let me guess, if that happens, fortunately for you, you'll be on your yacht and sucks for everyone else?

The Bronco's tank is always full becaus I drive a golf cart to work so if a blackout doesn't charge it...I have a backup.  If you overnight charge on 110v (as IHO does) you are SOL after a blackout. Leaving the lowly Petrol Uber as your chariot to work.  I actually rely on the 450 gallon tank on my boat as a backup for generator and emergency housing.  Its can provide shelter, water, food, power and possibly mobility in case of total blackouts.

Back