Oil

morekaos said:
AW said:
Won?t impact about 25% of Irvine, that?s what it looks like based on the EV?s on the roads of Irvine. 

Sweet, sweet, EV?s. 

Have you opened your electric bill this month? Sweet, sweet, mutual pain.
Nah dude.  Got solar.  Installed many moons ago. 
Def not mutual pain. I don?t have to fill up gas guzzling 9mpg vehicle.  Not the same at all.   

AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:
Won?t impact about 25% of Irvine, that?s what it looks like based on the EV?s on the roads of Irvine. 

Sweet, sweet, EV?s. 

Def not mutual pain. I don?t have to fill up gas guzzling 9mpg vehicle.  Not the same at all.   

Paid for by all the rest of us?pull those subsidies and it won?t pencil out for you but good for you, the scam worked in your favor.

morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:

Sweet, sweet, EV?s. 

Paid for by all the rest of us?pull those subsidies and it won?t pencil out for you but good for you, the scam worked in your favor.
Lol. Wut?
Fossil fuel industry not subsidized by the government?
Have you been to other countries and look at their prices?

I have, Europe, like us, overtaxes it. Why even democrats today hypocritically want to impose a tax holiday in a desperate attempt to lower prices.  Hard to cram that genie back into that bottle.

Democrats propose federal gas tax holiday ahead of midterm elections
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dem...s-tax-holiday-ahead-midterm/story?id=82756082

California ?gas tax holiday?: Newsom proposes pause on upcoming increase
https://ktla.com/news/california/california-gas-tax-holiday-newsom-proposes-pause-on-july-increase/

morekaos said:
Higher, as long as these bozo's are in charge... ;D ;D >:D

Kamala Harris say it is time to make a 'transition' to green energy as she pushes electric cars and 'clean transit' with Pete Buttigieg while Americans face record gas prices
Biden administration pushing transition to green energy and electric cars
'We are all in the midst of a turning point. We have the technologies to transition to a zero emission fleet,' Vice President Kamala Harris said
Announcement comes as AAA reported Sunday that the national average for a gallon of gas hit $4.009 -- the highest since 2008
White House press secretary Jen Psaki said President Biden is doing ?everything he can to reduce the impact? of gas prices on the American people
She blamed high prices on Putin and snapped at Fox News' Peter Doocy for asking her why the federal government wasn't doing more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-energy-Americans-face-record-gas-prices.html

Was reading stuff just now just for kicks since we were talking about ev's and gas:
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/02/11/gas-prices-lower-than-you-think/

"According to the EIA, changes in the price of gas are due to taxes, marketing and distribution costs, refining and the cost of crude oil. Policies put in place by Donald Trump or Joe Biden (you can stop typing your Keystone XL rants now) have almost zero immediate impact on the price of crude oil, and thus the resultant price of gasoline. It?s all about immediate supply and demand. As such, blaming any president for high gas prices is like blaming your dog because your gardener is charging you more to mow the lawn."

btw, this is from a journalist who is a recipient of a national journalism award, not a tabloid website...

AW said:
btw, this is from a journalist who is a recipient of a national journalism award, not a tabloid website...

But you know moreliar prefers to get his misinformation from tabloid website. How else would the Trumper be able to spread misinformation?

AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:

Sweet, sweet, EV?s. 

Lol. Wut?
Fossil fuel industry not subsidized by the government?
Have you been to other countries and look at their prices?

morekaos got served so hard in this exchange.

I'm surprised he didn't try to throw in a DailyMail article to defend his assertions.

BTW: Even electricity to charge your EV without solar cost less than gas BEFORE the increases. Add in lower maintenance and less impact on the environment (including all that clogging at Costco) and you are even more positive.

Oh baloney, none of these ?renewables? are anywhere near profitable without significant government subsidies. Pull that rug out and down tumbles the tower. Tesla to this day loses money on every car they deliver. Solar and wind are even worse. Driven out to Vegas lately and gazed (shading your eyes) on Tonapah? What a CF waste.  In the zombie apocalypse I?ll be happily driving my bronco over the piles of dead batteries.  Drill baby drill is the only near term answer. ;D ;D >:D

How about rooftop solar for all commercial and industrial buildings built or renovated in 2022 and beyond. Any additional energy should be fed back into the grid.

Gas?if we plot gas price against long term inflation trend, it is not that expensive?

Energy is expensive regardless source?we may need to learn to reduce consumption

The California Court Company said:
Gas?if we plot gas price against long term inflation trend, it is not that expensive?

Energy is expensive regardless source?we may need to learn to reduce consumption

Right! Before, I used to hop in my car and run errands for needless things and joy ride. Now, I combined many items into one trip.

Compressed-Village said:

Right! Before, I used to hop in my car and run errands for needless things and joy ride. Now, I combined many items into one trip.

Why?  In reality it is the cheapest and most abundant form of energy.  Pump more and we can all afford do run errands and go to work.  Lower energy prices will reduce inflation.  INCREASE ENERGY PRODUCTION.  Increase supply...don't try to cut demand or artificially support an inefficient market for "renewables".  Let the markets decide where to spend their money not some bureaucrat.

morekaos said:
Compressed-Village said:

Why?  In reality it is the cheapest and most abundant form of energy.  Pump more and we can all afford do run errands and go to work.  Lower energy prices will reduce inflation.  INCREASE ENERGY PRODUCTION.  Increase supply...don't try to cut demand or artificially support an inefficient market for "renewables".  Let the markets decide where to spend their money not some bureaucrat.

I find it easier to go with the winds to sails through the turbulence, rough water, than fighting it. You will spend alot more of your own energy with little result.

But I understand your principals.

morekaos said:
Oh baloney, none of these ?renewables? are anywhere near profitable without significant government subsidies. Pull that rug out and down tumbles the tower. Tesla to this day loses money on every car they deliver. Solar and wind are even worse. Driven out to Vegas lately and gazed (shading your eyes) on Tonapah? What a CF waste.  In the zombie apocalypse I?ll be happily driving my bronco over the piles of dead batteries.  Drill baby drill is the only near term answer. ;D ;D >:D

Guess our perspective of the future is different, I envision mine to be more like wall-e or star trek, bee boo bap boop and make me a drink as opposed to your dystopian future is like mad max/i-am-legend, camping in a bath tub with a shot gun, enjoying canned food from yesteryear...

Even said it yourself, drilling is near term answer, what about long term?  Don't care?

No country has reduced emissions more than the US, and our market economy virtually assures us of developing the most scalable and sustainable (i.e. can exist without massive ongoing subsidies or sourcing the supply chain from China) solution first. In parallel we should revert back to Trump's policy of energy independence and export the Russia oil economy to oblivion while also doubling down on cutting edge nuclear technology to provide the resilient base load our grid requires.

There is a great book about energy and geopolitics I read last year that I highly recommend as a timely read - The New Map by Daniel Yergin.

Actually, not really.  Just don't believe all the wrong predictions about the future I have heard for the last 50 years.  We should be the Jetsons by now...not so much.  Rather, let evolution take its course than try to fight it.  30 years ago they said my house would be under water by now...not so much.  Adapt, it is futile and childish to think we can change things dramatically and certainly not unilaterally.  Make life easier and better for people.

While oil may be cheap as an energy source, it's expensive as pollution. We should continue to seek out and use more renewable and cleaner energy alternatives.

But I think morekaos doesn't believe that pollution affects climate.

Transition to renewable or clean energy like nuclear (fusion being the holy grail) is necessary. The problem is it is being overly politicized.

irvinehomeowner said:
While oil may be cheap as an energy source, it's expensive as pollution. We should continue to seek out and use more renewable and cleaner energy alternatives.

But I think morekaos doesn't believe that pollution affects climate.

Weather I believe in man caused climate change or not, what I do believe is there is literally nothing we  can do to affect it...therefore I feel we should just adapt to whatever comes since all the past predictions have never really panned out.

Back