Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

If Liar Loans follow his predictions for Irvine. He would have been IN the MONEY right now. There's always next time.....

Just keep on lovin' while you wait brah....You are not ready Liar Loans. By the time you ready, you are then not ready, because the ramp up in price will put you behind...Life is like a box of chocolate, you can predict but you not going to get what you want.

Inventory in Irvine is exploding - 67 SFRs for sale under $1.5M??? That smells like panic setting in.

For comparison in my zip code of ~40K people we have 69 TOTAL SFRs for sale with a media price >$2M.

Irvine is f*$ked!

OCtoSV said:
Inventory in Irvine is exploding - 67 SFRs for sale under $1.5M??? That smells like panic setting in.

For comparison in my zip code of ~40K people we have 69 TOTAL SFRs for sale with a media price >$2M.

Irvine is f*$ked!

My only fear is that inflation peaks here and rate going back down and pushing price higher.

I want rate to go higher, that?s the only way to bring balance back.

irvinehomeowner said:
I know people don't agree with me... but high rates tend to not dissuade FCBs.

Agree with you on FCB.

The imbalance of available home and duration of days on the market is still greatly favor sellers at this point. We still have too low of inventory.

Compressed-Village said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I know people don't agree with me... but high rates tend to not dissuade FCBs.

Agree with you on FCB.

The imbalance of available home and duration of days on the market is still greatly favor sellers at this point. We still have too low of inventory.

Yup, we still only have about 1 month of inventory which is a strong seller's market.

There is plenty of inventory. It's for the most part being bid up by rental property investors and speculators.

One also has to wonder what would happen if IUSD had a few bad years of school standings. Would people re-consider buying here? Just a random thought on my part.

Soylent Green Is People said:
There is plenty of inventory. It's for the most part being bid up by rental property investors and speculators.

One also has to wonder what would happen if IUSD had a few bad years of school standings. Would people re-consider buying here? Just a random thought on my part.

Things never hit the press for the most part in Irvine and IUSD. My daughter went to Northwood and not one word ever hit the press when there was a student threatening to shoot people with a gun. This was many years ago when my kids went there. Lots of homeless stuff and crime going on in Irvine and do we hear about it? No but it's pointed out on Nextdoor and I know for a fact that stores are seeing lots of theft. I've been at several cvs stores where thieves were caught with trashbags of stuff and the store is just happy to have their items back. They know who the thieves are because I can hear the clerks alert each other to watch so and so on the cameras because they have stolen on NUMEROUS occasions. Why does it continue? For one thing cops don't come out if they are called right away and when they do come out it's just to take a report. Second the stores don't want to have paying customers not coming because they think there is crime in their safe city.

Going on everywhere u say? Yeah but Irvine is not as safe as u think and neither are the schools. Keep your eyes open. Think like a criminal because unfortunately they live among us.

Criminals are opportunists.  This is where the county district attorney's office has an outsized influence on crime levels in OC.  Police stop arresting if criminals are released the same day with no bail. If you approve of the job that George Gascon is doing as LA district attorney then vote for Pete Hardin for OC district attorney as both share similar ideology.  If you care about rising crime levels in OC then perhaps Hardin is not your man. 

The California Court Company said:
Toll road or not, the neighbor at end of cul de sac has a amazing lot for a new build.

Chegg said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Over $930/sf and backing up to the Toll Road in this market?  Uhhh, I don't think so.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/53-Royal-Pne-92602/home/112723819

Plus that tile flooring downstairs doesn't look good at all.

I'll be jumping with joy if this closes at $800/sf...  It was nice to get into OH at $500/sf during the pandemic :)

Rode my bike around these houses couple of times, i cant stand the toll road noises even for the houses at the end of the street away from the toll road.

Back