Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
That home is similar to the ones in BR like this onehttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/72-Eclipse-92630/home/143912457.The county classifies that as SFH.

I really don?t like how SFH is so loosely used in real estate. There should be a clear definition of what SFH is. It definitely shouldn?t be one if it has no backyard or driveway IMO.

Backyard could be small or big, so I don't think that should be one of the criteria. I think the most important criteria is that it SHOULD at least have a driveway that you can park your car without obstructing anything. This BR one doesn't seem to have it.
What I mean is if you don?t have both a driveway and backyard, it?s not a SFH.

Really though. Even detached condos have backyard, so it's a moot point. My backyard, for example, is much bigger than some of the ones at Highland. It doesn't make Highland homes non-SFR.

I think it is all about the land ownership...detached condo owners jointly own the land access that lead to each individual house. while in SFHs (or SFRs?) that land access is owned by the public.

Danimal said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
That home is similar to the ones in BR like this onehttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/72-Eclipse-92630/home/143912457.The county classifies that as SFH.

I really don?t like how SFH is so loosely used in real estate. There should be a clear definition of what SFH is. It definitely shouldn?t be one if it has no backyard or driveway IMO.

Backyard could be small or big, so I don't think that should be one of the criteria. I think the most important criteria is that it SHOULD at least have a driveway that you can park your car without obstructing anything. This BR one doesn't seem to have it.

Your logic doesnt make sense. A courtyard home with both driveway and backyard should be SFH?
I personally think that's not a true SFH, but if builders classified a motor court home with driveway and backyard as SFH, it's more understandable than one with no driveway like the one I posted. Right now SFH is loosely used.

CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

Your logic doesnt make sense. A courtyard home with both driveway and backyard should be SFH?

Well, as long as it has both driveway, then it doesn't matter if it's motor court. The so-called motor court at BR/Meadows are just what they call "private driveway". You can consider it a short cul de sac if you want.
If you have kids - there is a niceness to a motorcourt with driveway. Much more private street in terms of kids being able to play on it and you still get the joy of your own driveway.  I do get your guests still have to park out on the street but since I live on one (and have young kids who are always playing outside) - I have come to appreciate the quietness of a motorcourt street. 

I agree as well. There are some nice aspects of having a motorcourt. I also like the ability to have my garage open (maybe not the best habit) and not having anyone driving by being able to see into my garage or what I'm doing in the garage.

Bullsback said:
CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

Well, as long as it has both driveway, then it doesn't matter if it's motor court. The so-called motor court at BR/Meadows are just what they call "private driveway". You can consider it a short cul de sac if you want.
If you have kids - there is a niceness to a motorcourt with driveway. Much more private street in terms of kids being able to play on it and you still get the joy of your own driveway.  I do get your guests still have to park out on the street but since I live on one (and have young kids who are always playing outside) - I have come to appreciate the quietness of a motorcourt street.

The California Court Company said:
wow you guys are making having a motor court a nice feature to have. I will take cul-de-sac on a single loaded street any day of the week, twice on Sundays.

Lol motor court all of the sudden becomes a premium  8)

My old place was on a motor court. I hated it. One of our neighbors was a pain. She complained to HOA when the garage door left opened for long time, kids played on motor court.  When i worked in my garage, i felt like there were eyes spied on me from 2nd floor windows up close and personal.  Driving in/out of the garage was stressful. Trash day was hard to sleep due to neighbors moving trash bins late at night.

look at what these cheap builders have done to us? make us accept the fact that a motorcourt is not so bad after all. I beg to differ. I use to live in a motorcourt and I hated it. Especially when you're sharing it with 5+ homes. For condos, I get it. But when they start labeling the home as SFH? Hell no.

wow you guys are making having a motor court a nice feature to have. I will take cul-de-sac on a single loaded street any day of the week, twice on Sundays.

It goes without saying that a cul-de-sac is preferable to a motor court.

Personally, I like Highland's setup the best, where you can't park on the streets. I just really hate it when my neighbor parks in front of my curb during garbage days. They have a 4-car garage, but they don't park in the garage. Actually, 4-car garage really sucks compared to 3 car wide garage (which I have) since the 3CWG has a bigger driveway. They have 2 kids who drive, so they have 4 cars at home, parking 2 in the driveway and 2 on the streets.

So would I - nothing better than that.  But I am saying - on a busy street, there is actually an advantage to motor court - when it comes to having your young kids play out in front of the office.  Don't get me wrong -there are other advantages to traditional SFR (typically bigger lots, more privacy, etc).

I am just stating - from a kids playing outside - there are some actual nice benefits to it.  Before I lived in one - I was much more anti them but I came to appreciate it a lot more after being there and see where my kids situated/played (which was out in front - and than other kids in neighborhood would join, etc or our kids would join in their "alley's". 

Back