New home inspection

I don't know if it has mold, but I saw water damage in the ceiling of the 1st floor and want to run a test on it. Unfortunately, the house is NOT significantly discounted hah! I'm also trying to get the invoice from the seller on the water and mold (if any) remediation work that was done, but I haven't heard back yet...

eyephone said:
I wouldn?t buy a house with mold unless it was significantly discounted.

newbieinirvine said:
I don't know if it has mold, but I saw water damage in the ceiling of the 1st floor and want to run a test on it. Unfortunately, the house is NOT significantly discounted hah! I'm also trying to get the invoice from the seller on the water and mold (if any) remediation work that was done, but I haven't heard back yet...

eyephone said:

Make sure there is a rain gutter.

Mety said:
newbieinirvine said:

eyephone said:

I remember Belly mentioned that it?s not standard at some homes.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
newbieinirvine said:

eyephone said:

Yes, surprisingly the rain gutter is an upgrade option for some builders and tracts. Then some people just choose not to have this option for some reason. I guess they're thinking, "It's a shiny Southern California and who cares about rain." Well then you get days like these where it pours hardcore and it won't be fun to see some water damage and mold in your home. I'm not saying all homes without the gutter will get mold, but I believe it's smart to have one and if you are buying a home without it, consider installing one.
https://www.fixr.com/costs/install-gutters

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
newbieinirvine said:

eyephone said:

Yes, surprisingly the rain gutter is an upgrade option for some builders and tracts. Then some people just choose not to have this option for some reason. I guess they're thinking, "It's a shiny Southern California and who cares about rain." Well then you get days like these where it pours hardcore and it won't be fun to see some water damage and mold in your home. I'm not saying all homes without the gutter will get mold, but I believe it's smart to have one and if you are buying a home without it, consider installing one.

1. Believe or not people are tight with money. They can afford it
2. A person can say the builder should include it.

It?s a shame how Belly was treated on TI. It really is.
He gave a lot of great knowledge. He was singled out and targeted. I?m sure if that was anyone else they would of left too

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
newbieinirvine said:

eyephone said:

1. Believe or not people are tight with money. They can afford it
2. A person can say the builder should include it.

He gave a lot of great knowledge.

A person who speaks the truth is always treated wrong. People hate to hear the truth. People want to hear what makes them feel good. Thus people say nice stuff while it actually is fake. By doing this for the entire life, people forget it actually has been fake.

But for BTB I think he just took a sabbatical to take care of his newly born.

eyephone said:
He gave a lot of great knowledge. He was singled out and targeted. I?m sure if that was anyone else they would of left tooZ

Wow... snowflaking?

How was BTB singled out and targeted other than being challenged on his assertions that Delano is a good investment?

He's left TI many times... that's why he has so many screen names.

You know what's a shame? That ps9 had to leave because someone accused him of things.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
He gave a lot of great knowledge. He was singled out and targeted. I?m sure if that was anyone else they would of left tooZ

Wow... snowflaking?

How was BTB singled out and targeted other than being challenged on his assertions that Delano is a good investment?

You know what's a shame? That ps9 had to leave because someone accused him of things.

ps9? I thought he/she was still around. Something happened?

ps9 should come back. I've been accused of many things and it still not stopping me.  :)

After all, ps9 posts lots of good stuff. I got a free Echo from his advice, this was back in the day when Echo cost close to 200 bucks.

I hope we all on here got thicker skins.

ps9 is back but in a limited presence.

Maybe TI isn't really a place for us OGs anymore. Let the new kids talk about what they want to talk about.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Wow... snowflaking?

He doesn?t give specifics and just rants.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Wow... snowflaking?

Didn't you just do that above about BTB?

#kettlepot

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Wow... snowflaking?

#kettlepot

You didn?t challenge him. You personally attacked him.

For the record I never said anything bad about PS9. I think I mentioned that he is lucky that he can walk his kid to school in the morning. (I?m kind of jealous that he can do that)

In one of the threads Ps9 recommended a person for a refi. One of my coworker told me that person turned out to be great, nice, and the rate was low. (This was like 1.5-2 years ago) I never got a chance to thank him on behalf of my coworker.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Wow... snowflaking?

#kettlepot

So for someone who doesn?t like it when people supposedly distort the facts, quote the post where I ?personally attacked? BTB.

You are treading on dangerous ground now. This is not the first time you have tried to disparage my actions and I hope you can support yourself.

eyephone said:
For the record I never said anything bad about PS9. I think I mentioned that he is lucky that he can walk his kid to school in the morning. (I?m kind of jealous that he can do that)

In one of the threads Ps9 recommended a person for a refi. One of my coworker told me that person turned out to be great, nice, and the rate was low. (This was like 1.5-2 years ago) I never got a chance to thank him on behalf of my coworker.

How easily you forget that you accused him of competing with TI:

eyephone said:
Hmm - Your using TI website to start another forum/social platform. In essence this is competition for TI.

Go read the thread, he reduced his TI presence after that.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Wow... snowflaking?

#kettlepot

So for someone who doesn?t like it when people supposedly distort the facts, quote the post where I ?personally attacked? BTB.

You are treading on dangerous ground now. This is not the first time you have tried to disparage my actions and I hope you can support yourself.

First of all I think you owe me an apology regarding the housing analysis thread. I was spot on regarding my analysis.

I don?t have the time to search around TI regarding your previous posts. But we all remember that you were the driving factor for him leaving TI.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

How easily you forget that you accused him of competing with TI:

eyephone said:
Hmm - Your using TI website to start another forum/social platform. In essence this is competition for TI.

Go read the thread, he reduced his TI presence after that.

Why can?t I stick up for Talk Irvine?

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Wow... snowflaking?

#kettlepot

First of all I think you owe me an apology regarding the housing analysis thread. I was spot on regarding my analysis.

I don?t have the time to search around TI regarding your previous posts. But we all remember that you were the driving factor for him leaving TI. (I didn?t want to say it, but you forced me.)

See, because you can?t find where I ?personally attacked? him.

In fact, the truth is not even close to your assertion. If he ever comes back you can ask him yourself.

Is there any other member who shares your opinion that I ?personally attacked? him?

And what do I need to apologize for? Because you posted links to everyone else?s articles? Because you wouldn?t say how much or how long the ?slowdown? would be? Because you told people to wait without any details?  Because you didn?t correctly predict rates would drop?

I think you really take posts here too personally. Relax, it?s just the internet.

Back