New communities in Portola Springs

mellorooster said:
Anyone know what?s the mello roos like at azul and cielo?

Azul's flyer says:
Base Property Tax: 1.05% of sales price
AD Tax: $2,350 per year | CFD Tax: $1,700 per year | Other Taxes: $195 per year
Overall Effective Tax Rate: Approximately 1.2%

:eek: There?s still Forza and Marea which have even higher elevation views, what?s the premium going to be for those?

CalBears96 said:
marmott said:
2 & 3 may already reserved, we were asked if we were interested in lot 33 and 34 only.

We also learned that city view lot premium at Cielo will be in the neighborhood of $1mil. There is some ways to go but I guess some people already got prequalified for high $3mil.

I see. Lots 2 and 3 going fast seems more expected.

I see that Cielo is taking the playbook from Ravello, which had the city view lot premium at $1.5M to $2M. Those are probably the last ones built.

PSbuyer said:
:eek: There?s still Forza and Marea which have even higher elevation views, what?s the premium going to be for those?

CalBears96 said:
marmott said:
2 & 3 may already reserved, we were asked if we were interested in lot 33 and 34 only.

We also learned that city view lot premium at Cielo will be in the neighborhood of $1mil. There is some ways to go but I guess some people already got prequalified for high $3mil.

I see that Cielo is taking the playbook from Ravello, which had the city view lot premium at $1.5M to $2M. Those are probably the last ones built.

IIRC Forza will be the ones with views. Marea will probably be on the interior. The ones with city view will probably have a $2M lot premium.

Calbears- Where are you getting this info from about $1.5 to $2.0M in just city view lot premium for Portola Springs. Any data to back this up? Orchard hills info is not relevant here :)

Seems like a lot and we dont believe it. Its about buying another condo :)

CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

CalBears96 said:
marmott said:

IIRC Forza will be the ones with views. Marea will probably be on the interior. The ones with city view will probably have a $2M lot premium.

abhinata said:
Calbears- Where are you getting this info from about $1.5 to $2.0M in just city view lot premium for Portola Springs. Any data to back this up? Orchard hills info is not relevant here :)

Seems like a lot and we dont believe it. Its about buying another condo :)

CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

CalBears96 said:
marmott said:

I wasn't saying that Cielo will have $1.5M to $2M view lot premium. I was saying Ravello having that, and that PS is taking a page out of their playbook with the $1M premium.

I don't know what the city view premium for Bluffs is since Trumpet Flower already finished by the time I got on waitlist, but mountain view premium was no more than $100k. But now Cielo is going with $1M premium. That's what I meant with that statement.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I heard that CalPac has began offering a broker co-op of $18k for Sierra and $13k for Lapis.

Wow...that's a far cry from no broker co-op.

I knew it was just a matter of time since Toll increased their broker co-op at The Meadows.  If sales continue to be slow you'll see iPac and CalPac increase their broker co-op from 0.75% to 1% closer to 2% like Toll's broker co-op.  That's what happened back in 2014 when the market slowed down from the big price increased in late 2012 and 2013.

mellorooster said:
Does anyone know if there?s plan to build a shopping center in PS?

There's no more land to build a shopping center in PS, the closest shopping center that will be built will be at the Great Park.

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I heard that CalPac has began offering a broker co-op of $18k for Sierra and $13k for Lapis.

I knew it was just a matter of time since Toll increased their broker co-op at The Meadows.  If sales continue to be slow you'll see iPac and CalPac increase their broker co-op from 0.75% to 1% closer to 2% like Toll's broker co-op.  That's what happened back in 2014 when the market slowed down from the big price increased in late 2012 and 2013.

CalPac has posted a Sierra home on MLS with a Buyer's Agent Commission of 1.05%
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/106-Bouquet-92618/home/180930515

Sysko said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

CalPac has posted a Sierra home on MLS with a Buyer's Agent Commission of 1.05%
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/106-Bouquet-92618/home/180930515

Yeah, the commission is $18k for all of their Sierra homes.

What's everyone's opinion on Sierra vs the current IP projects that are similarly priced? Motorcourt homes vs SFR's, but I feel like each has pros and cons.

So CalPac is giving $16k incentives for closing costs/rate buy down for Lapis. Wonder if this is on top of commission or just incentives.

$1.4M with $400+ HOA next to toll road for attached condo, Pass ::)
I understand it's Irvine and Portola, but how can one justify the asking price for these homes? Sierra plans are not much better either. 

Portolaresident said:
$1.4M with $400+ HOA next to toll road for attached condo, Pass ::)
I understand it's Irvine and Portola, but how can one justify the asking price for these homes? Sierra plans are not much better either.

Well, Sierra homes are like $1.8M, but I do agree that Lapis should be below $1.3M.

Now that models seem to be open and real photos are available, what does everyone think about Azul? I still feel like my initial thoughts are still valid...what kind of dining spaces are these in a 2M+ home?
https://www.irvinepacific.com/media/4070/2238-03-pl1_kitchen_azul_irvinepacific_ericfiggephotos.jpghttps://www.irvinepacific.com/media/4081/2238-14-pl3_kitchen_azul_irvinepacific_ericfiggephotos.jpg

And I still stick by what I said about this weird kitchen layout initially. I don't understand why they just have an empty space that juts out with no room for any furniture
https://www.irvinepacific.com/media/4074/2238-07-pl2_kitchen_azul_irvinepacific_ericfiggephotos.jpg

I just don't like Azul's floorplan (any of them) overall. If I had to spend that type of money, I would definitely go for Cielo instead.

And I wouldn't sell my Bluffs 2 to buy Azul. Azul has better master bed/bath/closet than Bluffs 2, but that's pretty much all the advantage it has. It's not worth spending like $500k for that.

Are these selling at asking? I heard one lot at azul sold for $200k less than the published price. Not sure if it?s rumor or not.

Back