New communities in Portola Springs

bones said:
Are these selling at asking? I heard one lot at azul sold for $200k less than the published price. Not sure if it?s rumor or not.

Oh wow, that would be interesting. I wonder. I will say they just seem super expensive for PS. I know PS is becoming more and more desirable and the market is crazy, but almost 3M for PS seems insane.

bones said:
Are these selling at asking? I heard one lot at azul sold for $200k less than the published price. Not sure if it?s rumor or not.

Unless IP priced them at crazy high prices, which I doubt, then I don't think they would sell that much below published price. They would rather give incentives and such than selling at lower price.

CalBears96 said:
And I wouldn't sell my Bluffs 2 to buy Azul. Azul has better master bed/bath/closet than Bluffs 2, but that's pretty much all the advantage it has. It's not worth spending like $500k for that.

I wish Talk Irvine's search function was robust enough to count the total number of times you've mentioned your Bluffs 2 house and the average duration between mentions.  Lol.

irviniteeee said:
bones said:

Oh wow, that would be interesting. I wonder. I will say they just seem super expensive for PS. I know PS is becoming more and more desirable and the market is crazy, but almost 3M for PS seems insane.

I'm not sure it's true but how would we know? IP isn't going to volunteer that information - to me anyway.
As far as floorplans, I could be talked into Azul 3.  The den/bedroom or bedroom/suite is nice. I like the height of the great room, but agree that the dining area is weak. I know why IP is the builder here but it would have been fun to get another builder into these tracts to flex the designs a bit.

Azul plan1 floor plan isn't appealing - straight up stairs at the entrance, very narrow downstairs room, smallish kitchen area. I am now coming to think that IP deliberately makes the Plan 1s in the series less and less desirable so buyers cough up more $$ for the next level...
Are these plan 1s being put on a narrow lot that calls for such design?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Azul plan1 floor plan isn't appealing - straight up stairs at the entrance, very narrow downstairs room, smallish kitchen area. I am now coming to think that IP deliberately makes the Plan 1s in the series less and less desirable so buyers cough up more $$ for the next level...

Yeah, Azul plan 1 is definitely the worst.

Irvinehomeseeker said:

The irony is that plan 1 has a better dining area than plan 2. And the upstairs layout in plan 2 is a mess. It looks like they just threw something together.

irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

The irony is that plan 1 has a better dining area than plan 2. And the upstairs layout in plan 2 is a mess. It looks like they just threw something together.

Plan 2 upstairs is super cramped! I mean they have 2900 sqt space but designed it to be so tight?  I complain about Ftesco plan 1 that it is so cramped upstairs, but Azul Plan 2 looks much worse in some ways.

And Azul Plan 1 doesn't have a bath tub in master. It's not something we use at our place  :) but I thought the bath tub in master bath gave out a sense of luxury :)

Kitchen sink in the island is another think I dislike.

how is plan 2 upstairs a mess? two bonus rooms as modeled? for downstairs, there is quite bit of wasted space between the window and kitchen island...too small for anything useful.

irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Irvinehomeseeker said:
irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Plan 2 upstairs is super cramped! I mean they have 2900 sqt space but designed it to be so tight?  I complain about Ftesco plan 1 that it is so cramped upstairs, but Azul Plan 2 looks much worse in some ways.

And Azul Plan 1 doesn't have a bath tub in master. It's not something we use at our place  :) but I thought the bath tub in master bath gave out a sense of luxury :)

I guess Azul Plan 1 sacrificed bath tub for bigger closet. I agree about bath tub being useless, but gives the sense of luxury. We had a jacuzzi tub in our Eastvale home and my son was really the only one using it when he was younger.

And kitchen sink in the island is something that my wife and I actually hate. It makes the island look smaller. Also, it's bad for feng shui to have the sink across from the stove. Fire and water don't mesh.

The California Court Company said:
how is plan 2 upstairs a mess? two bonus rooms as modeled? for downstairs, there is quite bit of wasted space between the window and kitchen island...too small for anything useful.

irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Plan 2 upstairs is a mess because everything is crunched together in a row of 3 at the front of the house. I don't like that kind of design. And the optional bonus room wouldn't make the bedroom 2, loft, bedroom 3 area any better. The wasted space in the kitchen and dining has been my annoyance since I first saw the plans.

Made me look at the Azul floorplans...

I don't mind the Plan 2 upstairs... it creates separation between the bedrooms.

As for the Plan 1 kitchen, some people like spacious walkways between the island and the counters... so not really an issue for me.

And I think CalBears mentioned not liking the sink in the island... I actually like that because it's easy to move dishes/mess into the sink.

As for the Feng Shui, I think if if the sink is right next to the stove (like same counter) that's a no-no... across from each other satisfies the kitchen triangle layout.

irvinehomeowner said:

As for the Plan 1 kitchen, some people like spacious walkways between the island and the counters... so not really an issue for me.

And I think CalBears mentioned not liking the sink in the island... I actually like that because it's easy to move dishes/mess into the sink.

As for the Feng Shui, I think if if the sink is right next to the stove (like same counter) that's a no-no... across from each other satisfies the kitchen triangle layout.

Kitchen triangle layout is a design thing, not feng shui. Fire and water cannot be directly opposite or next to each other, so having the sink in the island directly opposite of the stove is also a no-no.

Your stove (as well as any ovens or ranges that you have in your kitchen) represents fire, and as such, are conflicting with anything that represent water. You should not place your stove directly opposite, or directly next to any water elements such as your toilet door, sinks, or dishwashers. If this is not adhered to, it may result in quarrels and tension between occupants of the household, as well as reproduction problems and various ailments.

I mean, having the sink in the island is convenient, and it's fine if you don't care about feng shui. Most people probably don't care about feng shui or even know about it.

irvinehomeowner said:

I'm talking about the plan 2 kitchen. I don't really mind the plan 1. Again, the configurations at this price point are laughable, though.

And I think I dislike the upstairs in plan 2 because it reminds me of some 90s plans where all the rooms were side by side at the front of the house.

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

I guess Azul Plan 1 sacrificed bath tub for bigger closet. I agree about bath tub being useless, but gives the sense of luxury. We had a jacuzzi tub in our Eastvale home and my son was really the only one using it when he was younger.

And kitchen sink in the island is something that my wife and I actually hate. It makes the island look smaller. Also, it's bad for feng shui to have the sink across from the stove. Fire and water don't mesh.

How does your wife boil water? From electric kettle?

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Not quite sure what brought about that question.

For hot drinking water, we use a Zojirushi water boiler/warmer. For everything else, just a regular kettle on the stove.

CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
irviniteeee said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Not quite sure what brought about that question.

For hot drinking water, we use a Zojirushi water boiler/warmer. For everything else, just a regular kettle on the stove.

Question is regard ?not supposed to put water next to fire?  feng shui as a joke ??

irviniteeee said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I'm talking about the plan 2 kitchen. I don't really mind the plan 1. Again, the configurations at this price point are laughable, though.

And I think I dislike the upstairs in plan 2 because it reminds me of some 90s plans where all the rooms were side by side at the front of the house.

I don't really see an issue with the Plan 2 kitchen either... I guess when you've entertained guests in smaller kitchens like I have... you appreciate the space.

I also like 90s floorplans. :)

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Kitchen triangle layout is a design thing, not feng shui. Fire and water cannot be directly opposite or next to each other, so having the sink in the island directly opposite of the stove is also a no-no.

Your stove (as well as any ovens or ranges that you have in your kitchen) represents fire, and as such, are conflicting with anything that represent water. You should not place your stove directly opposite, or directly next to any water elements such as your toilet door, sinks, or dishwashers. If this is not adhered to, it may result in quarrels and tension between occupants of the household, as well as reproduction problems and various ailments.

I mean, having the sink in the island is convenient, and it's fine if you don't care about feng shui. Most people probably don't care about feng shui or even know about it.

I looked at a Bluffs Plan 2, isn't the sink and dishwasher sort of across from the stove? I mean it's at a 90 degree angle but it's no farther than if it were opposite.

Some Feng Shui makes sense... but it's like horoscopes and fortune tellers... there are general things that apply to everyone.

irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I don't really see an issue with the Plan 2 kitchen either... I guess when you've entertained guests in smaller kitchens like I have... you appreciate the space.

I also like 90s floorplans. :)

The kitchen wouldn't be an issue if it was a smaller home that didn't cost 2 and a half million dollars lol.

Back