New communities in Portola Springs

irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Made me look at the Azul floorplans...

I don't mind the Plan 2 upstairs... it creates separation between the bedrooms.

As for the Plan 1 kitchen, some people like spacious walkways between the island and the counters... so not really an issue for me.

And I think CalBears mentioned not liking the sink in the island... I actually like that because it's easy to move dishes/mess into the sink.

As for the Feng Shui, I think if if the sink is right next to the stove (like same counter) that's a no-no... across from each other satisfies the kitchen triangle layout.

Kitchen triangle layout is a design thing, not feng shui. Fire and water cannot be directly opposite or next to each other, so having the sink in the island directly opposite of the stove is also a no-no.

Your stove (as well as any ovens or ranges that you have in your kitchen) represents fire, and as such, are conflicting with anything that represent water. You should not place your stove directly opposite, or directly next to any water elements such as your toilet door, sinks, or dishwashers. If this is not adhered to, it may result in quarrels and tension between occupants of the household, as well as reproduction problems and various ailments.

I mean, having the sink in the island is convenient, and it's fine if you don't care about feng shui. Most people probably don't care about feng shui or even know about it.

I looked at a Bluffs Plan 2, isn't the sink and dishwasher sort of across from the stove? I mean it's at a 90 degree angle but it's no farther than if it were opposite.

Some Feng Shui makes sense... but it's like horoscopes and fortune tellers... there are general things that apply to everyone.

The sink is not opposite from the stove. The dishwasher is close to the stove, but it's facing the other way, and it's not next to it.

Like I said, most people probably don't believe in Feng Shui, like most people don't believe in horoscope and fortune telling, so that' fine for most people.

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

As for the Plan 1 kitchen, some people like spacious walkways between the island and the counters... so not really an issue for me.

And I think CalBears mentioned not liking the sink in the island... I actually like that because it's easy to move dishes/mess into the sink.

As for the Feng Shui, I think if if the sink is right next to the stove (like same counter) that's a no-no... across from each other satisfies the kitchen triangle layout.

Kitchen triangle layout is a design thing, not feng shui. Fire and water cannot be directly opposite or next to each other, so having the sink in the island directly opposite of the stove is also a no-no.

Your stove (as well as any ovens or ranges that you have in your kitchen) represents fire, and as such, are conflicting with anything that represent water. You should not place your stove directly opposite, or directly next to any water elements such as your toilet door, sinks, or dishwashers. If this is not adhered to, it may result in quarrels and tension between occupants of the household, as well as reproduction problems and various ailments.

I mean, having the sink in the island is convenient, and it's fine if you don't care about feng shui. Most people probably don't care about feng shui or even know about it.

I looked at a Bluffs Plan 2, isn't the sink and dishwasher sort of across from the stove? I mean it's at a 90 degree angle but it's no farther than if it were opposite.

Some Feng Shui makes sense... but it's like horoscopes and fortune tellers... there are general things that apply to everyone.

The sink is not opposite from the stove. The dishwasher is close to the stove, but it's facing the other way, and it's not next to it.

Like I said, most people probably don't believe in Feng Shui, like most people don't believe in horoscope and fortune telling, so that' fine for most people.

Aside from Fresco, i dont remember any other IP plan has the sink not on the island. I never heard of this feng shui b4. Good to know. I wont tell my wife then she?ll add it to her already long list of FS

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Aside from Fresco, i dont remember any other IP plan has the sink not on the island. I never heard of this feng shui b4. Good to know. I wont tell my wife then she?ll add it to her already long list of FS

LOL this made me laugh. Don't let her find out!

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Bluffs 1 has the sink on the counter instead of on the island, and behind it is the window facing the street, so you can look outside while washing dishes. We really liked that layout. Originally, we had Bluffs 1 as our top pick, but at the end, the lack of loft and smaller bedroom 3 (our son's bedroom) convinced us not to choose it. Not to mentioned the super small lot (5 ft to the wall).

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So the pot filler option would be a definite NO then.

I went to look at the Azul homes today and I must not have looked rich enough because the (very nice) salesperson kept suggesting I go take a look at Highland too.
Looks like you can basically walk into Azul and buy a house? They have 3 available per their latest sheet. Same with Highland - their latest release has 2 hillside view lots with decent lot sizes (5000+). Both are still available.

In terms of the Azul floorpans, I actually like the Plan 2 now that I've walked it. The extra gap space in the kitchen is weird but you can build a bench there or something for your dog :).  I really liked the two "lofts" upstairs. One can be the kid space (toys/homework/etc) while the other can be the family room. Upstairs Azul 1 is garbage. Can't believe that house is 2792sf - it really doesn't feel like it. I would say the Azul 3 also feels smaller than 3,176 - wish they modeled the den option instead because that suite, while nice, is pretty much useless if you don't have a lot of guests or a grandma nanny, and would probably make the house feel bigger.

bones said:
I went to look at the Azul homes today and I must not have looked rich enough because the (very nice) salesperson kept suggesting I go take a look at Highland too.
Looks like you can basically walk into Azul and buy a house? They have 3 available per their latest sheet. Same with Highland - their latest release has 2 hillside view lots with decent lot sizes (5000+). Both are still available.

In terms of the Azul floorpans, I actually like the Plan 2 now that I've walked it. The extra gap space in the kitchen is weird but you can build a bench there or something for your dog :).  I really liked the two "lofts" upstairs. One can be the kid space (toys/homework/etc) while the other can be the family room. Upstairs Azul 1 is garbage. Can't believe that house is 2792sf - it really doesn't feel like it. I would say the Azul 3 also feels smaller than 3,176 - wish they modeled the den option instead because that suite, while nice, is pretty much useless if you don't have a lot of guests or a grandma nanny, and would probably make the house feel bigger.

What're your thoughts on the standard configuration of the Azul Plan 2 without the second bonus room? It seems like it would be very meh without it. As for the kitchen gap, I think they should have made it with glass doors there instead of those windows; maybe that would have made it seem less weird to me.

bones said:

Do you happen to remember the prices of the 2 latest Highland homes?

@IHO: We might be able to convince 1 person to listen... qwerty.

@irviniteeee: I think you have to build out the family room loft. The hw room is not "a loft" in the true sense.

@Cal: $2.1 Plan 1 and $2.2 Plan 2 with stuff already included like electrical, counters, backsplash. They also have one move in ready home ($1.85 for an interior lot) - I asked if they're taking offers on it and the guy literally gasped and said, Ipac never takes offers. OHHHKAY.

There is a big device in master bedroom closet in Cielo model homes. Looks like dry clean device or a safe box. Does anyone know what it is?

bones said:

@irviniteeee: I think you have to build out the family room loft. The hw room is not "a loft" in the true sense.

@Cal: $2.1 Plan 1 and $2.2 Plan 2 with stuff already included like electrical, counters, backsplash. They also have one move in ready home ($1.85 for an interior lot) - I asked if they're taking offers on it and the guy literally gasped and said, Ipac never takes offers. OHHHKAY.

Let them sit then, we'll see how long that hold that attitude as the number of unsold homes pile up.  So damn snug and why I'm not a fan of most of their sales people.

USCTrojanCPA said:
bones said:

Let them sit then, we'll see how long that hold that attitude as the number of unsold homes pile up.  So damn snug and why I'm not a fan of most of their sales people.

Trying to spend $2m at IPac is an experience unlike any other.... :)
I recently dealt with another builder on a potential new home purchase and the experience was the complete opposite. Warm, welcoming, transparent.

bones said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bones said:

Trying to spend $2m at IPac is an experience unlike any other.... :)
I recently dealt with another builder on a potential new home purchase and the experience was the complete opposite. Warm, welcoming, transparent.

IP is a subsidiary of Irvine Company...that tells you all you need to know!

bones said:

LOL! That is what J.M. Peters said in the early 90's after the 1989 peak.

irvinehomeowner said:
Builder offering incentives? The crash is here!!!

Cal Pac gave me $35k incentive on my first home. That was 14 years ago. Wait for a bit, they?ll increase the amount.

Back