New communities in Portola Springs

near 2800 soft and no loft is a bummer. with the L shape downstairs there is only one gathering/TV space in the house so loft is desperately needed. i guess you have to trade off with bedroom size upstairs.

bones said:
My big thing with some of these IPac floorpans is they're not efficient. I saw a Hillside open house a few weeks ago, 2,150sf, 3 beds with no loft. Or the new Azul Plan 1, 2,800sf no loft. Just not sure where the space goes in some of these floor plans.

The L shape is fine. Maybe give me some different front door placements, etc.... something... to spice things up.

bones said:
My big thing with some of these IPac floorpans is they're not efficient. I saw a Hillside open house a few weeks ago, 2,150sf, 3 beds with no loft. Or the new Azul Plan 1, 2,800sf no loft. Just not sure where the space goes in some of these floor plans.

The L shape is fine. Maybe give me some different front door placements, etc.... something... to spice things up.

Hillside downstairs is pretty nice, but upstairs is a bit cramped.  Even the bedrooms are small, so forget about the loft.

As for Azul, all 3 Plans are disappointing for their respective square footage. I wouldn't trade up my Bluffs 2 for any of them. I would consider Cielo, but the price difference is too much.  :p

bones said:

CalPac is the master of space efficiency.  They were able to squeeze in 4bd, 4ba, and high ceiling in the family room with only 1,800sf or 3bd, 4ba, and a loft with only 1,600sf.

CalBears96 said:
bones said:

Hillside downstairs is pretty nice, but upstairs is a bit cramped.  Even the bedrooms are small, so forget about the loft.

As for Azul, all 3 Plans are disappointing for their respective square footage. I wouldn't trade up my Bluffs 2 for any of them. I would consider Cielo, but the price difference is too much.  :p

I don't mind the Hillside 3 downstairs - its quite nice with all the windows and the L. I think they wasted a lot of space with that (big) square entry and the 3 step up powder. But then I guess if you take away those things to create a bedroom, you're back to the usual IPac 4th bed downstairs set up :)

Hillside plan 3 is a fail. 2100 sqft and no downstairs bedroom?

bones said:
CalBears96 said:
bones said:

I don't mind the Hillside 3 downstairs - its quite nice with all the windows and the L. I think they wasted a lot of space with that (big) square entry and the 3 step up powder. But then I guess if you take away those things to create a bedroom, you're back to the usual IPac 4th bed downstairs set up :)

The California Court Company said:
Hillside plan 3 is a fail. 2100 sqft and no downstairs bedroom?

bones said:
CalBears96 said:
bones said:

Nope. But can be yours for $1.6m. I know I'm not IPac's target audience but I would like to be :)
Great locations (minus the fire risk, I guess) for some of these tracts and wasted on products like Hillside.

USCTrojanCPA said:
bones said:

CalPac is the master of space efficiency.  They were able to squeeze in 4bd, 4ba, and high ceiling in the family room with only 1,800sf or 3bd, 4ba, and a loft with only 1,600sf.

Love CalPac. They're the efficiency pros. A friend of mine lives in a Sage plan 4 in QH (Cortile, Aldea, Chantory are all the same tracts). Less than 1500 square feet, but has a downstairs bedroom and a loft upstairs. Such a great use of space. I kind of wish IP never became a thing, because CalPac used to be the IP of today. TIC used them all over.

Attachments

• Sage4.png
    Sage4.png
    444 KB · Views: 93
sage plan 4 in QH either has 2 BR + LOFT or 3 BR upstairs, not 3 BR + LOFT?it is impossible to have 4 BR + LOFT with 1 BR downstairs in 1500 SQFT.

irviniteeee said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bones said:

Love CalPac. They're the efficiency pros. A friend of mine lives in a Sage plan 4 in QH (Cortile, Aldea, Chantory are all the same tracts). Less than 1500 square feet, but has a downstairs bedroom and a loft upstairs. Such a great use of space. I kind of wish IP never became a thing, because CalPac used to be the IP of today. TIC used them all over.

The California Court Company said:
sage plan 4 in QH either has 2 BR + LOFT or 3 BR upstairs, not 3 BR + LOFT?it is impossible to have 4 BR + LOFT with 1 BR downstairs in 1500 SQFT.

irviniteeee said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bones said:

I'm aware. I never said anything about the number of bedrooms, especially not 4 + a loft lol. Also, you can have 3 beds + a loft in that plan.

lol for those who cannot read Chinese, the title says ?Takes RMB in full? so this listing is one of the listings that seller can take all cash in RMB. Chinese FCBs (both seller and buyer) is not a myth guys.

irviniteeee said:
sleepy5136 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8a_i_u2xFw

I actually think this floor plan is very efficient. Everything can be done downstairs for the homeowners. Owners suite, kitchen, laundry, 5 step access to the pool from the owners suite, dining, etc. Too bad it's in LF right? :)

Barely even LF. It's so far out. That neighborhood is in the weird gray area on the tip of MV, RSM, & LF.

sleepy5136 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8a_i_u2xFw

I actually think this floor plan is very efficient. Everything can be done downstairs for the homeowners. Owners suite, kitchen, laundry, 5 step access to the pool from the owners suite, dining, etc. Too bad it's in LF right? :)

This is by The Oaks in Portola Hills, right? My brother-in-law bought one on the next street (Viejo Ridge). I mean, for the size, the price is good, but my wife doesn't like the classical style house. I asked her several times to go check them out, but she refused after seeing Bluffs in PS. I guess she's an IP target audience.  ;D

We were offered Soria 3 and almost bought it. She kept saying how scary it was thinking about if we did buy it and she really would have regretted the decision. But we did get our Bluffs 2 with a relatively big lot, so it's all good.  ;D

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:
We went over to our new home today because we had washer/dryer delivery. Also moved in some smaller things. We found out from the neighbor next to us that the buyer across from us is planning to rent out his Bluffs 2 for $6,000. And when we went out for lunch, we saw "Open House" sign at the neighbor diagonal from us.

When we got back from lunch, we talked to the realtor. She told us that the buyer just bought in OH, so they're selling their Bluffs 1. So they bought it for $1.438M, which came with about $6k pre-selected upgrades. Then, they only upgraded flooring in kitchen, great room, and hallway to what looks like LVP. They didn't even have the decency of upgrading flooring in bedroom 4 (downstairs), also. It was really ugly seeing LVP meet carpet.

Anyway, according to the realtor, listing price is $1.8M. That seems VERY ridiculous to me considering the Bluffs 1 (same lot size) that IP just released went for $1.747M. I mean, I would understand if the buyer did it 3-4 months ago before the interest rate jumped and buyer interest hasn't waned, but $1.8M for a condo right now?  ;D

I have 3 words for that realtor....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!  Having nice tasteful upgraded along with good staging go a long way in all kinds of markets, including one of that's cooling off. 

Is it this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Poppyseed-92618/home/179805481

That staging is HORRIBLE, either do it right or don't do it at all.  And I love the written description, I would be fuming if I were the seller for this kind of effort on my realtor's part.  But yeah, this one will sit for a while until the price comes down.

Price has been reduced by $29K since the last price reduction

Sysko said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:
We went over to our new home today because we had washer/dryer delivery. Also moved in some smaller things. We found out from the neighbor next to us that the buyer across from us is planning to rent out his Bluffs 2 for $6,000. And when we went out for lunch, we saw "Open House" sign at the neighbor diagonal from us.

When we got back from lunch, we talked to the realtor. She told us that the buyer just bought in OH, so they're selling their Bluffs 1. So they bought it for $1.438M, which came with about $6k pre-selected upgrades. Then, they only upgraded flooring in kitchen, great room, and hallway to what looks like LVP. They didn't even have the decency of upgrading flooring in bedroom 4 (downstairs), also. It was really ugly seeing LVP meet carpet.

Anyway, according to the realtor, listing price is $1.8M. That seems VERY ridiculous to me considering the Bluffs 1 (same lot size) that IP just released went for $1.747M. I mean, I would understand if the buyer did it 3-4 months ago before the interest rate jumped and buyer interest hasn't waned, but $1.8M for a condo right now?  ;D

I have 3 words for that realtor....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!  Having nice tasteful upgraded along with good staging go a long way in all kinds of markets, including one of that's cooling off. 

Is it this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Poppyseed-92618/home/179805481

That staging is HORRIBLE, either do it right or don't do it at all.  And I love the written description, I would be fuming if I were the seller for this kind of effort on my realtor's part.  But yeah, this one will sit for a while until the price comes down.

Price has been reduced by $29K since the last price reduction

This house is going to sell below $1.7M. Agent was stupid to agree to go with initial $1.89M listing.

First of all, this is Bluffs 1. Second, it's the smallest lot. Third, there's barely any upgrades, only kitchen and great room flooring. Nothing else.

IP was selling a bigger lot for $1.755M.

Cielo Phase 1 B&C

Residence  Homesite  Address                Price
1                2              137 Sunnyslope      $2,498,000
2                3              135 Sunnyslope      $2,650,000
2                33            138 Sunnyslope      $2,510,000
2                35            142 Sunnyslope      $2,520,000
3                34            140 Sunny slope    $2,616,000  SOLD

Looks like 35 didn't sell from phase 1A.

As a remind, this was phase 1A:

Residence  Homesite  Address                Price
2                35            142 Sunnyslope      $2,520,000
3                1              139 Sunnyslope      $2,766,000  SOLD
3                36            144 Sunny slope    $2,631,000  SOLD

Edit: I may create a separate Cielo thread keep track of the phases better.

Attachments

• CIELO 5B Phase 1C Sales Map.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 126
Looks like people really like Plan 3, but no go for Plans 1 and 2.

I'm surprised homesites 2 and 3 had no interest, but then again, their view is Highland Park. Still, you get privacy.

2 & 3 may already reserved, we were asked if we were interested in lot 33 and 34 only.

We also learned that city view lot premium at Cielo will be in the neighborhood of $1mil. There is some ways to go but I guess some people already got prequalified for high $3mil.

marmott said:
2 & 3 may already reserved, we were asked if we were interested in lot 33 and 34 only.

We also learned that city view lot premium at Cielo will be in the neighborhood of $1mil. There is some ways to go but I guess some people already got prequalified for high $3mil.

I see. Lots 2 and 3 going fast seems more expected.

I see that Cielo is taking the playbook from Ravello, which had the city view lot premium at $1.5M to $2M. Those are probably the last ones built.

Back