New communities in Portola Springs

For those interested. Shea Homes and The New Home company will be finishing the buildout of Portola Springs. Shea will be doing the smaller Arbor plans and those will be available earlier. Personally Im excited about the NHC plans.
Good to know. Two builders I really like. Any idea if Shea will be altering the plans at all or if they're just going to build IP's plans?

For those interested. Shea Homes and The New Home company will be finishing the buildout of Portola Springs. Shea will be doing the smaller Arbor plans and those will be available earlier. Personally Im excited about the NHC plans.
Are you saying that The New Home Company bought the lands for Cielo, Azul, and Olivewood? Do you know if they will keep the respective floor plans as they are?

Any news on which builder is taking over the remaining land at Ravello Groves and the OH4 project? The New Home Company's quality and designs are on par with Toll Brothers so good thing they are taking over some of the projects.

don’t all the builders in Irvine use the same subcontractors? In the end it depends on the builders construction manager to ensure quality. My Lennar construction manager was pretty darn good.

Any news on which builder is taking over the remaining land at Ravello Groves and the OH4 project? The New Home Company's quality and designs are on par with Toll Brothers so good thing they are taking over some of the projects.
We've been told, although still unconfirmed, that Toll Brothers bought OH4 land for $1B.

We've been told, although still unconfirmed, that Toll Brothers bought OH4 land for $1B.

Not surprised and that would have been my guess on which builder would have bought OH4. Expect some eye watering high prices for those single loaded view lot homes. Irvine Company will have a say on what the floor plans, design, and pricing will be for every single home that is sold in Irvine, excluding in the Great Park, by any outside builder.

Are you saying that The New Home Company bought the lands for Cielo, Azul, and Olivewood? Do you know if they will keep the respective floor plans as they are?

Looks like they are using the already built models for Olivewood so I would say yes. But it looks like they are offering more options like prep kitchen.

Apparently, The New Home Company is keeping the IP floorplans for Olivewood and model homes will be open mid to end of November. Some agent on Youtube said pricing will be $2.6M for Plan 1, $2.7M for Plan 2, and $2.8M for Plan 3. Most likely, these are view lots, because these prices don't make sense for normal lots. The agent did say that Olivewood has a lot of view lots. We'll see in November, I guess.

I hope they keep the same floorplans for Cielo and Azul, which makes even more sense for them to do.

Looks like they are using the already built models for Olivewood so I would say yes. But it looks like they are offering more options like prep kitchen.
I don't actually think prep kitchen is considered "more options" since IP was including Wolf appliances and built-in Sub-Zero fridge in their prices.

From what I heard, Cielo goes to Shea Homes and re-grand opening is coming soon.
Do you mind sharing your source? ocluxre posted above that Shea only takes Arbor. I was actually expecting Shea would take Cielo and Azul while Arbor and Olivewood would go to a smaller builder.

Also, as far as I know, Cielo and Azul wouldn't start until IP have completed construction in March.

Either, I'll keep an eye on Shea Homes to see if this is true.

Kinda bummed they aren't doing new plans.
It's too costly to do new plans. New plans means having to re-do EVERYTHING, starting with submitting new plans to the city for approval. That could take months or even more than a year. Remember that all the lots and streets have been drawn. New plans means that they would have to re-do that. I mean, I would find it difficult to fit new (so different) floorplans into the same lots. It makes more sense for New Home Company to just use IP's plans because they are actually very popular with buyers (such as me), as much hate as it gets from certain people on IT.

That's why I thought that it would not make sense, business wise, for the new builder of Cielo and Azul, since they're even further along than Arbor and Olivewood, to use new plans.

@CalBears96 is correct.

They can probably slightly modify the plans but the general footprint has to stay the same.

Back during the Woodbury build-out, builders would use almost the same exact plans but add features from feedback from previous neighborhoods.

@CalBears96 is correct.

They can probably slightly modify the plans but the general footprint has to stay the same.

Back during the Woodbury build-out, builders would use almost the same exact plans but add features from feedback from previous neighborhoods.
The SFRs that took over during that awkward 2010-2012 phase used the same lots, but the plans were completely different unless I'm remembering incorrectly. That's why some communities have a few random one of a kind homes surrounded by other homes.

That being said, I understand why they're staying with the same plans, I was just hoping for some change.

If you look at the 2010 Collection some of them were rehashes of previous ones (forgot which builders).

This happens a lot in Irvine... Harvard Square has the same plans as Oak Creek... Westpark has matching models as Woodbridge... etc.

The biggest overlap is TIC owned builders... but those are usually box on box with small variations.

One thing with IP homes is that their lot width is small, regardless of how big the actual lot is. Most of the time, the variation is on the length of the lot. In most cases, you have 3.5 feet space from the house to the wall on one side and 5.5 feet on the side with the gate. This means that the width of the home itself is limited to that wide only. And the homes on the smaller lots make the homes even more limited.

That would make it quite difficult for the new builder to change the floorplan because they pretty much have to keep the home dimensions the same.

Back