New communities in Portola Springs

Most of the releases in highland are for view lots but are going to priority list people. Apparently, folks are waiting for over a year for those view lots!! I dont know but there is always something fishy going on with those builders priority list as they are not transparent to public. People with cash only buyers, extra commissions, etc, anything can work for desperate people to get into housing and lots these days.

The last release at HIGHLAND were all VIEW lots
Highland Res 1 - $1.519M (lot 23, 3918SF)
Highland Res 1 - $1.59M (lot 20)
Highland Res 2 - $1.61M (lot 19)
Highland Res 2X - $1.71M (lot 24, 6703SF)

Davidlee199 said:
The last release at HIGHLAND were all VIEW lots
Highland Res 1 - $1.519M (lot 23, 3918SF)
Highland Res 1 - $1.59M (lot 20)
Highland Res 2 - $1.61M (lot 19)
Highland Res 2X - $1.71M (lot 24, 6703SF)

You're right. I'm looking at the site map again and all of these are view lots.

There's a new release that the sales consultant is working on. Wonder which lots they are.

Latest sales sheet from Highland

Attachments

• 20211105_152834.jpg
    20211105_152834.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 20211105_152822.jpg
    20211105_152822.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 272
Here are the latest price sheet from Highland.

Site map file size is too big, so I couldn't attach, but they're the 4 lots next to lot 14.

Attachments

• Highland Price Sheet 10.23.21.pdf
    425.4 KB · Views: 152
Highland and Bluffs are detached condos, not SFRs.  Rather wait for those SFRs to be built at Dreamcatcher, next to Highland park.

Davidlee199 said:
Highland and Bluffs are detached condos, not SFRs.  Rather wait for those SFRs to be built at Dreamcatcher, next to Highland park.

You're wrong. Highland are not detached condos. Highland are SFRs, "quasi" SFRs, but still SFRs.

If you're convinced by the Site Plan, which clearly states that Highland are Single Family Homes, you can even check City of Irvine GIS map.

Lol, SFR doesn?t allow you to park your car in front of your house in Highland. You also pay $250HOA, $100 more than SFRs were built at Ceremony?.

Davidlee199 said:
Lol, SFR doesn?t allow you to park your car in front of your house in Highland. You also pay $250HOA, $100 more than SFRs were built at Ceremony?.

That's why some TI'er calls it "quasi" SFR. Doesn't change the fact that it's SFR.

Personally, I like it because it means my neighbors won't park their cars in front of my house during garbage days. We park both of our cars in the garage, so guests can park their cars in the driveway when they visit.

Except for the fact that you cannot park in street front of your home, the are nice SFRs. These will be on narrow lots and so go deeper. Piedmont in EW, Como in OH look great after buildout.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Except for the fact that you cannot park in street front of your home, the are nice SFRs. These will be on narrow lots and so go deeper. Piedmont in EW, Como in OH look great after buildout.

One of the reasons we like Bluffs floorplans more than Highland floorplans is because Bluffs floorplans are more squarish. Highland homes go deeper and when you look at the home from the front, you only see one window. You see several windows on the Bluffs homes.

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

One of the reasons we like Bluffs floorplans more than Highland floorplans is because Bluffs floorplans are more squarish. Highland homes go deeper and when you look at the home from the front, you only see one window. You see several windows on the Bluffs homes.
build out.
Back in 2016 when Piedmonts came out in EW, this was my exact observation about the front of the home. You don't get to see the full extend of the house and the front windows. The builder optimized available land through the narrow lots and streets. The good thing about Highlands over Piedmonts is high ceiling and walk in pantry  The walk in pantry is becoming rare in New IP builds...something we highly value.

Detached Condos or Highland won?t work for families with teenagers 16 years or older and have their own cars. I don?t want to wake up my kids Saturday or Sunday early morning and tell them to move their cars parked on the driveway.  Besides, I don?t want my kids complain to me their friends stop coming to hand out with him/her at home as they can?t find a parking. 
As more true SFRs will be built at dreamcatcher,  I would rather wait. 

Davidlee199 said:
Detached Condos or Highland won?t work for families with teenagers 16 years or older and have their own cars. I don?t want to wake up my kids Saturday or Sunday early morning and tell them to move their cars parked on the driveway.  Besides, I don?t want my kids complain to me their friends stop coming to hand out with him/her at home as they can?t find a parking. 

I'm pretty sure that the community at Dreamcatcher won't be true SFRs since they're IP. They'll just be Highland extension. If you want true SFRs, then you should consider CalPac's Sierra.

Again, those true SFRs at dreamcatcher are 3000+ SF, bigger than Highland?s floor plan. wait until end of 2022 if you don?t believe me.

CalBears96 said:
Davidlee199 said:

I'm pretty sure that the community at Dreamcatcher won't be true SFRs since they're IP. They'll just be Highland extension. If you want true SFRs, then you should consider CalPac's Sierra.

You'll be able to tell if it's Highland by the shape of the lots...if they are rectangular then they'll be Highland or Bluffs and if they are more square then they'll be true SFR.  I can see IP building either Fresco or Ravello homes on one of the sites.

Either way, we don't need a true SFR. Our son is going off to college next year. We're fine with either Bluffs 2 or Highland 1.

And since the price keeps going up, I'd rather buy now than wait. We've looked at Fresco floorplans and we didn't like them. Ravello homes are really great, especially plan 2, but they're probably going to be around $2M, which is out of our range. Even if they have Ravello plans 4 and 5, those are probably going to be $1.8-1.9M.

I don?t understand why people kept saying home prices keep going up and never discussed the cause to the 2021 housing boom. It was the Federal Reserve $120 billion bond buying each month since March 2020.  It announced 11/3 last week it would slow bond purchases and stop buying bond around June 2022.  According to a Forbes article, ? Recently long-term treasury bond yields increased, and mortgage rates will gradually adjust in line with treasuries. If the Federal Reserve stops buying securities every month?which they are likely to do next year?then homes purchased today could be worth 30% less in two years? time.?

Back