Need your best snapping-out-of-it-in-Irvine advice

Well, no offense, but I do think quite a lot of guys would be intimidated by a good looking girl taking a swing at them outside of the Yardhouse. Lucky for me 10 years of martial arts and a distrust of hot women would have allowed me to dodge and keep my pride intact.

;-)

I've found the best thing for my dating and social life is to simply offer geniune friendship to others, without hope or expectations of anything more. Its allowed me to avoid dating some of the crazys, make lots platonic friends of the opposite sex, and have plenty of options of people I have wanted to date (that I occasionally exercise).

And 24, DB? really? Go to a place with a nice scotch selection for godsake.

For dinner, I'd pick Yardhouse. I love their Steak and Shrimp combo

But for just drinks and fun, I"d definetly pick D&B. I am part of the video game generation though. To each their own.

To be honest, I don't think I have ever had Scotch. I'm more of a Long Island/Vodka guy.

[quote author="4walls4me" date=1233375235]Yes, 26, my understanding is Trojan is some sort of freakish hybrid of two incompatible species, most likely grown in a lab. His screen name reveals that more Trojan genes made it in his particular test tube.

I agree it's not super hard to meet guys, it's just hard to meet the right one. As strange as it sounds, in my experience for all their tough manliness guys are way more intimidated and shy than us girls could imagine when it comes to dating. So you've got to be friendly and throw them a line and/or punch 'em outside the Yardhouse, whatever works for you.

Oh! And Winex will be surprised to learn one of the guys I dated I actually met at the gym. To be fair, it wasn't while we were working out. We were stuck in a towel line forever and ever and ever and ever. We bonded in our annoyance. He asked me out later after I let my weights clang at him (b/c I'm a brat like that).</blockquote>

4Walls,

You should really consider hooking with up with some of these highly eligible bachelors on the IHB. These IHB single guys are researching Irvine Real Estate on a daily basis and going to buy their trophy home at the bottom of the market and soon become millionaires. What more can you ask for?

24: They do at my alma mater...the one in non-Trojan territory. I think the fancy gyms have towel services, like the 24 on Van Karmen. The 24 hour I started using doesn't and I've already spent $6.50 on two stupid face towels. I like it though. It's very small, over on Irvine Blvd. Kind of a hole in the wall. A little too hot though.

26: Totally agree with you. Well said. Hey 26, do you know any good sports bar that show fights?

Panda: You so crazy :) Integrity, good values, a warm heart, and great sense of humor is what I ask for. As Britney would say, "If You Seek Amy" the money.

[quote author="4walls4me" date=1233393898]24: They do at my alma mater...the one in non-Trojan territory. I think the fancy gyms have towel services, like the 24 on Van Karmen. The 24 hour I started using doesn't and I've already spent $6.50 on two stupid face towels. I like it though. It's very small, over on Irvine Blvd. Kind of a hole in the wall. A little too hot though.

26: Totally agree with you. Well said. Hey 26, do you know any good sports bar that show fights?

Panda: You so crazy :) Integrity, good values, a warm heart, and great sense of humor is what I ask for. As Britney would say, "If You Seek Amy" the money.</blockquote>

Aaawwwhhhh! That is so sweet 4Walls! In that case, you want to stay far far away from Ten. I mean really far! Panda wishes you the best of luck in your quest of finding the right man!

Gee..another thread infected with the Ten virus...g r e a t. Lately IHB threads have a very short life...invariably they get infected.

Ten found an audience here in the IHB that gets easily impressed with his provocative "body of work" (to say it politely), the funny thing is that he/she hit the nail in the head because such audience can't get over that, eventually all the threads end in the same place, a small variation of the same topic, the whole forum is one gigantic thread, repulsive.

As a Stephen Colbert from "The Colbert Report" is a fake Republican, and the harder the he pretends to be a hard core Republican the funnier he is, Ten's post are as fake as that, and as pretentious as that, under that assumption he's very funny.

[quote author="Rocker" date=1233396296]Gee..another thread infected with the Ten virus...g r e a t. Lately IHB threads have a very short life...invariably they get infected.

Ten found an audience here in the IHB that gets easily impressed with his provocative "body of work" (to say it politely), the funny thing is that he/she hit the nail in the head because such audience can't get over that, eventually all the threads end in the same place, a small variation of the same topic, the whole forum is one gigantic thread, repulsive.

As a Stephen Colbert from "The Colbert Report" is a fake Republican, and the harder the he pretends to be a hard core Republican the funnier he is, Ten's post are as fake as that, and as pretentious as that, under that assumption he's very funny.</blockquote>

uh, we were right back on track. You were the one who just went Meta and tried to re-jack it.

Anyways, Walls, I don't know which bars show the fight these days. I think uh, Hooters used to, but I just usually go to friends houses or host a party myself.

[quote author="4walls4me" date=1233393898]24: They do at my alma mater...the one in non-Trojan territory. I think the fancy gyms have towel services, like the 24 on Van Karmen. The 24 hour I started using doesn't and I've already spent $6.50 on two stupid face towels. I like it though. It's very small, over on Irvine Blvd. Kind of a hole in the wall. A little too hot though.

</blockquote>

That is a decent gym for its size. I'm hoping they go after one of those vacant spots or soon to be vacant spots at the Market Place. That Circuit City spot would be perfect for a 24 hour. That side of Irvine/Tustin Ranch could really use a gym over there!

[quote author="4walls4me" date=1233393898]Integrity, good values, a warm heart, and great sense of humor is what I ask for. As Britney would say, "If You Seek Amy" the money.</blockquote>

Yep!! I couldn't agree more. You know what - you have a great attitude and I think you are going to find exactly what you are looking for. I seriously wish you all the best.

Where singles go to play all sorts of games

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/01/30/playdate.alternative.nightlife/index.html">http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/01/30/playdate.alternative.nightlife/index.html</a>

Sounds like fun to me!

[quote author="caycifish" date=1233409048]Where singles go to play all sorts of games

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/01/30/playdate.alternative.nightlife/index.html">http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/01/30/playdate.alternative.nightlife/index.html</a>

Sounds like fun to me!</blockquote>

I read that today and thought, "What a great idea!" No ridiculous people sitting around drinking stupidly named drinks trying to scream over bad music. Let's play games, the real kind. It's just a great idea and gives everyone a reason to be involved. Someone needs to open one in the OC.

[quote author="tmare" date=1233409693][quote author="caycifish" date=1233409048]Where singles go to play all sorts of games

Sounds like fun to me!</blockquote>

I read that today and thought, "What a great idea!" No ridiculous people sitting around drinking stupidly named drinks trying to scream over bad music. Let's play games, the real kind. It's just a great idea and gives everyone a reason to be involved. Someone needs to open one in the OC.</blockquote>

There is a place in Berkeley that already thought of this called <a href="http://www.albatrosspub.com/">the Albatross</a>. I took many a great dates there, and even met a few girls there when I didn't have dates. I have always thought about opening a place like that in OC, but I was afraid the idea of brain power for a night out would just be too much. When you have <a href="http://www.sutrabar.com/">Sutra</a> and the <a href="http://theguide.latimes.com/tustin/music/swinging-door-the-venue">Swinging Door</a> as the main choices for OC, you realize that you are in the minority when it comes to cool, laid back, and get to know you venues. I still might do it, but I need the population of people who want to get to know each other before they get laid becomes the majority in OC.

I've met 4Walls at a meet up, and she is a cute girl. So it is no surprise that she has met other people. Congrats BTW, you should have no problem finding guys, and I hope you find the right one. Never, ever, ever settle.

On the other hand, I find it funny how many are trying to make an effort to make themselves dateable. All of you need to chill. I didn't really give a rats a$$ about dating when I started posting on IHB. All I cared about was what I had in mind to make myself better and follow the career path I wanted to take. I could care less about meeting girls and spending my precious time to woo them. Little did I know, this very attitude would create interest, and establish a few relationships from it, one that we all know about, and maybe even more that I don't know about...

Anyway, you either make an effort to make the relationship come to you, or you make an effort to be yourself and do what you want. As soon as you start doing what you really want, the relationship will come to you. Take it from me, someone who has always been me, a ranting housing nutter, who loves blogs, trading, and chartpr0n. I know I am lucky, but maybe being myself is just as good as luck.

That is where I ended up. And although i got married a little later, I do remember know how it feels. I have more than a few lady friends who lament to me that they can't find anybody (intellegent master's degreed people). So far my advice has been the same, be yourself. It would be nice, let me know if you guys would like to start something up.

-bix

Hey Graphix, Thanks for the compliment. I was so miserable with thyroid problems back then and felt like I weighed 400lbs and anything but cute, so I appreciate it. I'm less miserable with it these days, but am back to struggling big time with it. While the thyroid is technically corrected and I don't need to sleep all the time (which is a big plus!), things somehow are still not right as now I can't keep weight on my body to save my boring little life. If you count my IAC gym, I belong to three gyms, have two trainers, and a nutritionist and still can't stop my weight from falling. At first it was fun and seemed like a gift from Baby Jesus or Santa or whoever...now it sucks...you can outline my entire rib cage with a Sharpe when I take a deep breathe.

I got off the scale Friday and wanted to throw something (possibly a wrench) at my physician...112. The guys on this thread will know why....Fly Weight. That's right, I'm going to be an eff'ing FLY WEIGHT. Bantam was bad enough, but FLY? FLY? Who's going to spar with me? Find me a guy (who't not a sociopath) who's going to take a swing a fly weight girl? Speed isn't enough if you don't have enough power to make people respect the punch. None of the Jiu-Jitsu I know will work anymore, and my ground game sucks as it is. I'm humped. Plus, forgive me for saying, most guys don't want to date a girl who's skin and bones and that's where I'm headed. My doctor says not to worry as I will "find my natural bottom." Bull! No one my height should have a natural bottom of Fly Weight. Seeing that 112 on the scale almost made me barf...but I realized I needed the calories and held it in :)

Wow! I just jacked my own thread for thyroid problems. Sorry. Guess I needed to vent. And whine. There are much bigger problems to have in life...I just don't want to have to change my screen name to 4walls4flyweight.

^ I am sorry about your thyroid struggles, 4 walls. Is yours under or overactive? I have Hashimoto's (underactive) and it has been a struggle for over 15 years. If you are underactive then it sounds like you're on way too high of a dosage of medication. If you started out overactive, maybe time to explore new methods of treatment?

[quote author="4walls4me" date=1233473702]Hey Graphix, Thanks for the compliment. I was so miserable with thyroid problems back then and felt like I weighed 400lbs and anything but cute, so I appreciate it. I'm less miserable with it these days, but am back to struggling big time with it. While the thyroid is technically corrected and I don't need to sleep all the time (which is a big plus!), things somehow are still not right as now I can't keep weight on my body to save my boring little life. If you count my IAC gym, I belong to three gyms, have two trainers, and a nutritionist and still can't stop my weight from falling. At first it was fun and seemed like a gift from Baby Jesus or Santa or whoever...now it sucks...you can outline my entire rib cage with a Sharpe when I take a deep breathe.

I got off the scale Friday and wanted to throw something (possibly a wrench) at my physician...112. The guys on this thread will know why....Fly Weight. That's right, I'm going to be an eff'ing FLY WEIGHT. Bantam was bad enough, but FLY? FLY? Who's going to spar with me? Find me a guy (who't not a sociopath) who's going to take a swing a fly weight girl? Speed isn't enough if you don't have enough power to make people respect the punch. None of the Jiu-Jitsu I know will work anymore, and my ground game sucks as it is. I'm humped. Plus, forgive me for saying, most guys don't want to date a girl who's skin and bones and that's where I'm headed. My doctor says not to worry as I will "find my natural bottom." Bull! No one my height should have a natural bottom of Fly Weight. Seeing that 112 on the scale almost made me barf...but I realized I needed the calories and held it in :)

Wow! I just jacked my own thread for thyroid problems. Sorry. Guess I needed to vent. And whine. There are much bigger problems to have in life...I just don't want to have to change my screen name to 4walls4flyweight.</blockquote>

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?

Graph! Why gotta hurt irvinesinglemom's feelings like that? I know what you are trying to say, but you could of said it in more loving way you know.

ISM- I have really never pictured you as someone who Graph was describing. Of course, I don't know you but you seem to know who you are and you aren't trying to pretend to be someone else. I actually liked what he said but I don't think it describes you.

[quote author="tmare" date=1233486866]ISM- I have really never pictured you as someone who Graph was describing. Of course, I don't know you but you seem to know who you are and you aren't trying to pretend to be someone else. I actually liked what he said but I don't think it describes you.</blockquote>

Thats what I was gonna say. I kind of know ISM and I didn't think she was the Swinging Door type. (I've never been to the Door, but I used to go to the Salty Dawg a couple of times a month with a customer).

Either way, I know G didn't mean it that way.

Back