NBA 2015-2016

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
Perspective said:
DLo is 19 years old. He, and nearly every other 19 year old is severely immature, by definition.

He seemed very remorseful.  As long as he can mature, I think he'll be good.  When guys have bad attitudes.. it's when the franchise will look to trade him.

Then he did the foot locker commercial. (Throws out the phone)

Gotta laugh about it.  Even Nick Young thought it was funny. 

I think Nick Young's response was sarcastic.

In any case, its also funny when you're a 31 yo journeyman who's never been close to All-Star status, benched by the 2nd worst team in the league, and worn out your welcome on a 4th team, and decide to give yourself a nickname like Swaggy P. Aren't nicknames like that reserved for... I don't know, players that are good?

Also getting into two misogynistic controversies within a two week span and then getting publicly dumped and then having a former friend and even bigger bonehad, Gilbert Arenas, laugh at you... also very funny.

acpme said:

In any case, its also funny when you're a 31 yo journeyman who's never been close to All-Star status, benched by the 2nd worst team in the league, and worn out your welcome on a 4th team, and decide to give yourself a nickname like Swaggy P. Aren't nicknames like that reserved for... I don't know, players that are good?

Also getting into two misogynistic controversies within a two week span and then getting publicly dumped and then having a former friend and even bigger bonehad, Gilbert Arenas, laugh at you... also very funny.

Agreed. I'm just nervous we're gonna throw max money at DeRozan who just might be slightly better than Nick Young.

Perspective said:
acpme said:

Agreed. I'm just nervous we're gonna throw max money at DeRozan who just might be slightly better than Nick Young.

ugh.. hope not.. DeRozen doesn't fit our Walton style of ball.  I hope we can get Horford though.

The more I see Brandon Ingram, the more I think he has the potential to be a mini-KD.

I actually think he might work better in the Lakers offense than Simmons.

Now, if the Lakers had #1 should they not pick Simmons... obv not... but I think they are okay with Ingram.

I would not trade #2 for Cousins or Butler.

irvinehomeowner said:
The more I see Brandon Ingram, the more I think he has the potential to be a mini-KD.

I actually think he might work better in the Lakers offense than Simmons.

Now, if the Lakers had #1 should they not pick Simmons... obv not... but I think they are okay with Ingram.

I would not trade #2 for Cousins or Butler.

I think both are going to be pretty good.  Definitely won't trade the pick.  Hopefully we can get Al Hor from ATL..

Ibaka goes to Orlando for Oladipo (and other players) to OKC

Kings trade 8th pic to Suns for 4 draft picks/rights. Lol unbelievable

Zubac is a great value pick.  Excited to see him develop and see if he can play at this level.

So ESPN is reporting that KD is going to meet with 6 teams, the first 3 teams are GS, Spurs and OKC. The next 3 are Boston, Miami and LA... Clippers not Lakers.

All playoff teams but GS is probably his best chance at a ring, but not sure if he can fit in that system.

Looks like KD is taking most of his meetings in NY, which is strange since the Knicks are not on his list.

This KDecision will might be more interesting than LBJ's.

irvinehomeowner said:
Looks like KD is taking most of his meetings in NY, which is strange since the Knicks are not on his list.

This KDecision will might be more interesting than LBJ's.

He's probably taking his meetings in NYC b/c he's with RocNation.  KD is not going anywhere this year.  He'll take a one-year deal and next year, he and Russ will determine if they (a) both stay for the long term or (b) they both leave.  This takes a LOT of pressure of KD to feel committed to the city to stay.  If both leave next year, he'll only get partial backlash. 

Most of these teams already know this.  They are simply putting in a feeler this year in the anticipation that he'll leave next year.  My guess is that he'll stay for the long term when all is said and done.

Yes, I think a 2-year with a 1-year player option is what he's looking for (the Lebron deal).

But I'm not sure if he'll stay with OKC. He can do that deal anywhere and still either go back to OKC (again, ala Lebron) or join Westbrook somewhere else.

irvinehomeowner said:
Hehe... for all you LBJ fanboys like me:

LBJ is so good that the best players in the West have to combine forces.

combining forces is an understatement.  lol

It gets worse (or better if you are a GSW fan).

Zaza and David West join Warriors for almost nothing compared to all these other contracts.

If you build it, they will come.

irvinehomeowner said:
It gets worse (or better if you are a GSW fan).

Zaza and David West join Warriors for almost nothing compared to all these other contracts.

If you build it, they will come.

The Warriors are officially a Donut (great with no center), just like the Heaters were while Bron was there. They'll fill it with random types, especially oldies on minimum contracts. With Draymond at 6'5", they are a small Donut. They'll win a ton, but they won't walk through good teams - kinda like how the Ws lost as many post-season games this year as they did all regular season.

They will be in the finals next year.  OKC with no Durant.. Spurs team with a retiring Duncan.. only a gimpy LAC is in their way.

Back