motor court garbage

:D

1,927 views and counting.

Thanks for watching this edition of "Play Fight". I was hoping for a little more mud-slinging for good measure. Better luck next time. Loved all the comments, though. Really made me LOL the last couple days. You must have wondered if my head was going to spin.  :) Well, my original post about the Monopoly houses I meant. The rest had seeds of truth but dialed up to 310%.  :D Got to keep this boring site exciting.  :)

Thanks for being a good sport, Irvine Commuter. :) Don't get me wrong, we still completely disagree on knowing the value of a dollar, but I don't really hate you.  :)

:D

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
And by the way... for someone who didn't take kindly to snark... you're kind of shoveling some yourself (hard to believe you accused someone of drinking while TI'ing).

Ridiculous, Iho. Do you take everything so literally? As you would say: "Face palm". Serious Koolaid intoxication. Puppy love infatuation stage.
Always harder to view yourself from the outside... if you don't think you've been a little harsh on certain people here... oh well.

I guess we can't all be as perfect as you are.  :'(
Eh... I'm no IndieDev.

Take for what it's worth, but you guys were talking about how mean Graphrix was on another thread and here in this very thread there is a bit of Graphrixisms going on. I don't mind either way, but if you're going to complain about it, don't throw rocks from your glass house.

Word to the mother.

P.S. qwerter has a pardon because he is has "la gran tercera pierna"

Haha, Iho! I thought you would have been suspicious from the get-go because I wasn't keeping in character. You should know me better than that by now.  :p

SoCal said:
Haha, Iho! I thought you would have been suspicious from the get-go because I wasn't keeping in character. You should know me better than that by now.  :p
Now you're really channeling IHB snarkers... one of their go-to lines was:

"I was just kidding."

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
Now you're really channeling IHB snarkers... one of their go-to lines was:

"I was just kidding."

When I go on a reign of terror for years like Graph did and start sending intimidating PMs to people, abusing powers to change user comments to suit my liking, undermining "friends"... then you can say I'm like him. But that's a real insult to say we are one in the same. Of course, I'm good with insults if this is another Play Fight like the one I PM'd you about.  ;) Truthfully, even acting yesterday, I hold back what I'm really thinking. Like right now, talking to you. See this?: :) <-- This is my "holding back face".  I don't think Graph ever held back a single thought or foul word... no attempt at restraint and never an apology.  Succeed or fail, I do try. Also, I have a conscience unlike him and am sorry when I hurt people.

Everyone in my community leaves their garbage/recycle cans outside of their garages.  The trash truck seems to randomly drop the cans creating a salom in the motor court.  What's really irritating is a few folks don't put their cans away for a day or two.  Luckily, these things are rubber so nothing my SUV can't just push out of the way.

My Ridiculously Long That's Wat She Said Yellowneck USERName said:
Everyone in my community leaves their garbage/recycle cans outside of their garages.  The trash truck seems to randomly drop the cans creating a salom in the motor court.  What's really irritating is a few folks don't put their cans away for a day or two.  Luckily, these things are rubber so nothing my SUV can't just push out of the way.

What track is this?

Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
My issue with Tustin Ranch/West Irvine is the lack of commercial space.  Tons of residential but you need to drive to get to a shopping area.  Same issue with Portola Springs.  SG and Woodbury are well-located with the shopping center with a Ralphs and Trader Joes.

columbus square has the same issue. we still go to the ralphs on jamboree or culver/walnut.  i have to disagree that PS doesnt have shopping close by.  from the corner of portola parkway and ridgevalley to the ralphs in woodbury is 1.9 miles and a 5 minute drive according to google maps.

No matter how many times it's mentioned, he doesn't want to see that Stonegate and Portola Springs share an intersection. I think it's a lost cause.

Seriously...they may share an intersection but the way Portola is structured, you have to go out on Arrowhead which is about 0.5 miles down.  Also, the way the streets are set up, you have to take car to get in and out of PS.  I can walk with my kid through SG to get to the Woodbury shopping center. 

Google map has 0.6 from Saratoga to Traders Joe's while it's 1.3 miles from Arrowhead/Portola to Trader Joes...not including the distance from where you are in PS to Arrowhead/Portola.

It's all relative. I live in Lambert Ranch, and while I wouldn't walk to Woodbury Town Center, I don't mind the quick drive. I used to live at a place where the nearest similar shopping center was 4.5 miles away, so 1.5 miles (or whatever) isn't that far. Ralphs, Woodbury Cafes, Home Depot and LA Fitness are quite convenient enough (as another example, my nearest gym used to be 8 miles away, so the 1.5 miles isn't so much). The only thing I wish was closer is Target.

Starlight East said:
SoCal said:
People who buy in the new communities tell themselves they're going to have a picturesque pedestrian lifestyle as is displayed in the brochure. The reality is nobody goes grocery shopping without their car. They may walk to the mailbox but that's about it.

Oh really? We are walking to Trader Joe's /Ralphs/Tutti Frutti multiple times per week and I can see a lot of other people doing it too.  We are enjoying the picturesque pedestrian lifestyle.

"I own in Woodbury one of the newer villages and the surface street traffic is awful in Irvine.  The notion of a commute free lifestyle(Irvine CO propaganda) is a lie.  We are putting our place up for sales next month and plan to move to South Orange County.  More house for the money and many of the schools are just as strong." - amandakate00

Great, another non-Asian moving to the wasteland, aka South County.
and the Irvine home prices keep going up up up up...

SoCal said:
Starlight East said:
SoCal said:
People who buy in the new communities tell themselves they're going to have a picturesque pedestrian lifestyle as is displayed in the brochure. The reality is nobody goes grocery shopping without their car. They may walk to the mailbox but that's about it.

Oh really? We are walking to Trader Joe's /Ralphs/Tutti Frutti multiple times per week and I can see a lot of other people doing it too.  We are enjoying the picturesque pedestrian lifestyle.

"I own in Woodbury one of the newer villages and the surface street traffic is awful in Irvine.  The notion of a commute free lifestyle(Irvine CO propaganda) is a lie.  We are putting our place up for sales next month and plan to move to South Orange County.  More house for the money and many of the schools are just as strong." - amandakate00

The California Court Company said:

Yes, it is a God-forsaken wasteland full of non-Asians. A warning to all my TI friends: Do not move to South County, especially the hills near the Foothillbillies. There is too much open space with dangerous wildlife. The birds are too loud and may wake you up in the morning. The lots are too big and may cause your kids to get too tired when they are playing. The view from the altitude is too high and may cause vision disturbances. The homeowners save too much money and may not be at work, instead loitering around their yard gardening, or suspiciously prowling the neighborhood taking walks. For your own safety, stay away!

SoCal said:

Yes, it is a God-forsaken wasteland full of non-Asians. A warning to all my TI friends: Do not move to South County, especially the hills near the Foothillbillies. There is too much open space with dangerous wildlife. The birds are too loud and may wake you up in the morning. The lots are too big and may cause your kids to get too tired when they are playing. The view from the altitude is too high and may cause vision disturbances. The homeowners save too much money and may not be at work, instead loitering around their yard gardening, or suspiciously prowling the neighborhood taking walks. For your own safety, stay away!

You mean they are loitering around looking for mushrooms.

in Orange County, besides the beach cities, home prices are directly proportional to % of Asian population. So white flight in Irvine is a good thing.

How about the rising # of low-income housing in Irvine?

jamboreedude said:
in Orange County, besides the beach cities, home prices are directly proportional to % of Asian population. So white flight in Irvine is a good thing.

How about the rising # of low-income housing in Irvine?

I think the ratio of low income to non-low income is still pretty low.  Also the fairly high number of expensive homes should offset the effects from the low income housing.

Back