motor court garbage

SoCal said:
The California Court Company said:
a lot of jealousy from Foothill Ranch and Tustin residents. FCBs have priced them out.

The new developments have made the city unrecognizable from what it was 10+ years ago. It's sad. Goodbye, strawberry fields. Hello, concrete jungle. They've done a great disservice to the future of the area. I'd feel the same if it was in my current area. There is nothing to be jealous of - high density living? traffic congestion? 3 story town homes? Lack of privacy? I'm not really the jealous type by nature but if there was something to envy, me, the over-sharer, would have no problem saying so.  If you would have asked me 13 years ago when I first moved to Irvine if I was jealous I probably would have said yes (not knowing what it would become). It was a more desirable place to live then. In 2013 -- you've got to be kidding me.

I get the dislike for close houses but this feels like a "things were better 20 years ago" statement.  Why not go back further than 10 years?  What about 20 years or 30 years? 

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@qwerty:

Do you really need to take your cans to an external street? Seems like the alley is wide enough to bring a truck through and they just empty the cans at each house like on regular streets.

we put our garbage cans in the alley. all of the alleys in augusta have two entrances so they can come in one side and just keep driving and go out the other side.
As I thought, just outside the back of your house right?

correct.

I'll agree with SoCal that the new product is nothing to be jealous about, but that doesn't make Irvine as a whole less desirable to me.

Sure, it's more crowded, Culver is like the 110 in LA but it's still a centrally located city with a wide diversity of restaurants, parks, and things to do (like Boomers... hehe).

That's why I've contended that TIC is willing to build new inferior product because that helps retain the older 'hood values. Those who don't mind density and prefer new, will buy there (and recent history shows there is no shortage of those type of buyers) and those who like more open areas will bid up resales.

And while many see this overbuilding as negative, that's what happens when you have an area that everyone wants to live in and there just happens to be land to accommodate the demand (arguably not enough land). That's how metropolises (metropoli?) in the past were built, they eventually went up because they could no longer go out.

Who knows, in 50-100 years Irvine might have more skyscapers and be OC's version of LA or NY. By then we'll be gone, but people will still want to live here... or move to John's Creek.

Irvinecommuter said:
I get the dislike for close houses but this feels like a "things were better 20 years ago" statement.  Why not go back further than 10 years?  What about 20 years or 30 years? 

You can if you want to. However, although it would help, it isn't necessary to climb into a time capsule to avoid being ripped off. Think "outside the box" - literally.

SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:

You can if you want to. However, although it would help, it isn't necessary to climb into a time capsule to avoid being ripped off. Think "outside the box" - literally.

When the box is worth $999,888..  :-X

SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Irvinehomeowner said it better than I could.  Just because it's different doesn't make it "worse".  There were probably plenty of people who lamented about urban sprawl in the Irvine in 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s.  Personally I like the growth of Irvine and the diversity of business that exist now.  Chinese came in about 20 years ago, the Koreans in the last 10, now Indians/Persians. 

Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Irvinehomeowner said it better than I could.  Just because it's different doesn't make it "worse".  There were probably plenty of people who lamented about urban sprawl in the Irvine in 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s.  Personally I like the growth of Irvine and the diversity of business that exist now.  Chinese came in about 20 years ago, the Koreans in the last 10, now Indians/Persians.

Are the Mexicans next??  Because they are due!

homer_simpson said:
Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Mexicans are everywhere....everywhere.

Irvinecommuter said:
homer_simpson said:
Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Living in Irvine.. not helping people live in Irvine.

Irvinecommuter said:
homer_simpson said:
Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Haven't seen one in my neighborhood yet... besides the gardeners... OHMYGODISOUNDRACIST:(

homer_simpson said:
They don't need to live in Irvine... because they control Irvine and every other city in SoCal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8t8DCSP020[/youtube]

(props to qwerter the overlord)

Irvinecommuter said:
SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Are you reading what I'm reading? I was replying to the person who believes I am jealous. If it makes him and you feel better to believe I am, then, continue to believe whatever you'd like. It doesn't bother me. You could say I have blue hair but that also wouldn't bother me because saying it doesn't make it true. I'm not going to argue with you, Irvinecommuter. You are simply the most complacent Irvine buyer I've met so far in 5 years of this. You were the one who said they are doing you a favor by giving you so little for so much. You've already made your point. I have no desire to spend my time convincing you otherwise. I was only responding to what's-his-face... The California something - the jokester I quoted back.

jealous of high demand for Irvine houses. Foothill Ranch is an afterthought for the FCBs.

The demand for Irvine houses are so high and you cannot really blame TIC for trying to build with higher density - it is business after all.

It is just like some one from Texas or Mid West saying Foothill Ranch is ghetto because the lot size is not measured in acres.

The California Court Company said:
jealous of high demand for Irvine houses. Foothill Ranch is an afterthought for the FCBs.

The demand for Irvine houses are so high and you cannot really blame TIC for trying to build with higher density - it is business after all.

It is just like some one from Texas or Mid West saying Foothill Ranch is ghetto because the lot size is not measured in acres.

Yup...there always people who talk about how you can get such a better house/mansion in Texas or elsewhere and my first thought is...but I would have to live in Texas.

Irvinecommuter said:

I've been seeing the Korean population really multiplying.  I remember before the Rodney Key King incident and riots, alot of the Korean population and Korean store fronts were in LA- Koreantown.  Now, they moved into all of suburbia - Torrance, BP, Cerritos, etc, it's rare to drive through a city and not see a store front clustered in Korean writing.

For places that were once dumps like parts of LA - Koreatown, the Koreans have really cleaned it up.

Eventually, So Cal will be all Mexi and Koreans.

Remember to spay and neuter your pets.

irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
They don't need to live in Irvine... because they control Irvine and every other city in SoCal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8t8DCSP020[/youtube]

(props to qwerter the overlord)

i guess it is hard to argue that we dont already control everything.

Back