Montecito / Sonoma / Carmel Pricing

[quote author="graceomalley"]It was all you stupid sheeple who can't wait and have no patient and must be first in line to sign up for the pre=qualification to the slaughter house and talked about it here at TI that how unlucky you were by signing up too late at 9:01 am. That gave the developer the assuring signal to raise at least $100k over the initial projected price.

The website was there to test the water and it worked brilliantly. I am just laughing now how you sheeple screwed up this mental price poke game so badly.

I could have save you that $100k but you did not listen!

I gave you the cheat sheet and you still failed the exam.

Stop whining. You wrote you own destiny.[/quote]

I say that everone here on TI all boycott the New Woodbury Collection. Seriously! I don't care how rich you are, these prices are insane. Even if i had $10 million dollars in the bank, I wouldn't touch these homes at these prices. :mad:

Come this summer, we will see another scary off the cliff experience in the economy like we did in late 2008. All we are doing right now is just kicking the can to the slaughter house. I'm not worried too much about the cash rich Asian FCBs, because in the near term, China's economy is going to be screwed too.

[quote author="Panda "]
[quote author="graceomalley"]It was all you stupid sheeple who can't wait and have no patient and must be first in line to sign up for the pre=qualification to the slaughter house and talked about it here at TI that how unlucky you were by signing up too late at 9:01 am. That gave the developer the assuring signal to raise at least $100k over the initial projected price.

The website was there to test the water and it worked brilliantly. I am just laughing now how you sheeple screwed up this mental price poke game so badly.

I could have save you that $100k but you did not listen!

I gave you the cheat sheet and you still failed the exam.

Stop whining. You wrote you own destiny.[/quote]

I say that everone here on TI all boycott the New Woodbury Collection. Seriously! I don't care how rich you are, these prices are insane. Even if i had $10 million dollars in the bank, I wouldn't touch these homes at these prices. :mad:

Come this summer, we will see another scary off the cliff experience in the economy like we did in late 2008. All we are doing right now is just kicking the can to the slaughter house. I'm not worried too much about the cash rich Asian FCBs, because in the near term, China's economy is going to be screwed too. [/quote]

Hey Panda,

Weren't you one of the sheeple who totally went out of the way and flew 4,000 miles to see the Collection?

You were like those teenage girls who waited for the Beatles for the first time when they first came to New York in 1964.

[quote author="ajw522"]Uhhh.....there are some people (like me) that really needed to buy soon after either waiting or renting for a long time. I needed to sign up on the Priority list. Whether or not it was a trick by TIC, I needed to sign up because I needed to buy. I had no choice.[/quote]
Come on, you always have a choice. No one was putting a gun to your head or twist your arm to buy a home in Irvine. I think it would be better to say that you were a buyer who couldn't wait any longer to buy.

[quote author="graceomalley"]
[quote author="Panda "]

Come this summer, we will see another scary off the cliff experience in the economy like we did in late 2008. All we are doing right now is just kicking the can to the slaughter house. I'm not worried too much about the cash rich Asian FCBs, because in the near term, China's economy is going to be screwed too. [/quote]

Hey Panda,

Weren't you one of the sheeple who totally went out of the way and flew 4,000 miles to see the Collection?[/quote]

BK, nothing wrong with looking and touching the Collection and be in fantasy land for 4-6 weeks. Now, I am back to reality man. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="ajw522"]Uhhh.....there are some people (like me) that really needed to buy soon after either waiting or renting for a long time. I needed to sign up on the Priority list. Whether or not it was a trick by TIC, I needed to sign up because I needed to buy. I had no choice.[/quote]

After your first post I drew two conclusions about you.

1. You are a desperate Asian home shopper because your action fit the stereotype totally.
2. If not then you must be an TIC troll.

[/quote]

#1. True, I am an Asian buyer, but I'm not sure what stereotype you are referring to. I'm definitely not an "FCB", I wish I could buy all cash. And I'm not foreign. So I'm just a "B". <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

#2. Sorry, I'm not a TIC troll. Sorry to disappoint you. People who have met me before can vouch for that.

I sold my home 2 years ago and have been living in an apartment for the last 2 years waiting to buy a home. 90% of my stuff is in storage, and my apartment sucks, the neighbors too. I saw a floorplan at Montecito that I liked, so I knew I needed to buy not only because I wanted to settle down in my OWN HOME, but I also wanted to get OUT of my apartment. Am I desperate, I think not. But do I want/need to buy soon, yes.

And USC, you're right, no one put a gun to my head, but I've been looking at resales for the last 2 years, and nothing fit my criteria as well as these homes have.

As much I ridicule TIC for their substandard lot development. They manage to sell them very well with good marketing, branding and PR. I truly believe TIC can sell anything with their sophisticated PR and talents. This is a compliment and I know you can even sell maps to Stevie Wonder and comb to Howie Mandell.

[quote author="ajw522"]

After your first post I drew two conclusions about you.

1. You are a desperate Asian home shopper because your action fit the stereotype totally.
2. If not then you must be an TIC troll.

[/quote]

#1. True, I am an Asian buyer, but I'm not sure what stereotype you are referring to. I'm definitely not an "FCB", I wish I could buy all cash. And I'm not foreign. So I'm just a "B". <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

#2. Sorry, I'm not a TIC troll. Sorry to disappoint you. People who have met me before can vouch for that.

I sold my home 2 years ago and have been living in an apartment for the last 2 years waiting to buy a home. 90% of my stuff is in storage, and my apartment sucks, the neighbors too. I saw a floorplan at Montecito that I liked, so I knew I needed to buy not only because I wanted to settle down in my OWN HOME, but I also wanted to get OUT of my apartment. Am I desperate, I think not. But do I want/need to buy soon, yes.

And USC, you're right, no one put a gun to my head, but I've been looking at resales for the last 2 years, and nothing fit my criteria as well as these homes have.[/quote]

I knew you were not a FCB because you have been posting here. Asian buyers have certain characteristics. FCBs are different. FCB would not waste their time here posting and killing time. Time=money=more money sacks=Shopping at SCP

If 2.5 steps to getting run over by a car in a blind corner and not much of a yard are your criteria then your standard of what you are looking for is pretty low and there should be plenty of homes out there to satisfy your list.

If a brand new home and living in a Hong Kong Density of 16,000/sq mi are your criteria then you found yourself a home.

I am not kidding Woodbury's 2800 homes + apts in one square mile has the same density as HK.

I want to say "yeah BK, you tell it to them sheeple camping out online to buy in Woodbury --- what a bunch of sucka's!". But then I realize I'd have been one of those sucka's if this had been the opening of crap-shacks in Orchard Hills as opposed to the crap shacks that just opened in Woodbury.

Thankfully I have grown to hate Woodbury so much that I will avoid going to slaughter in 2010. And since I probably won't be able to afford Orchard Hills, likely don't need to worry about that slaughterhouse, either...

[quote author="graceomalley"]As much I ridicule TIC for their substandard lot development. They manage to sell them very well with good marketing, branding and PR. I truly believe TIC can sell anything with their sophisticated PR and talents. This is a compliment and I know you can even sell maps to Stevie Wonder and comb to Howie Mandell.[/quote]

Couldn't agree with you more on this. They did an awesome job in marketing, branding and PR on this stuff. We bought, so there is really nothing more to say about it except there is always a trade off and it just so happen we were ok with the trade off.

[quote author="Panda "]

Panda,
I honestly don't see off the cliff experience happening. The rules of the game have changed, bad assets are no longer being forced to sell to raise capital. Just look at the short sales and REO being offered in the market place. They are not the deals we have seen in 07 and 08. Things are not getting better, but no more off the cliff experience.

[quote author="mikeirvine"]

I wish those buying now get what they like and those buying later get their good deal ..... isn't this forum is about helping people to get their dream home and their family can enjoy it.

[/quote]

Very true, Mike. While there is a lot of debate back and forth here on the merits of the 2010 Collection homes (and their pricing), at the end of the day I wish anyone well regardless of where they bought --- as long as they truly love the home, and can truly afford it without a financial burden. Even if it has a motorcourt.

(That last part hurt to say).

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="mikeirvine"]

I wish those buying now get what they like and those buying later get their good deal ..... isn't this forum is about helping people to get their dream home and their family can enjoy it.

[/quote]

Very true, Mike. While there is a lot of debate back and forth here on the merits of the 2010 Collection homes (and their pricing), at the end of the day I wish anyone well regardless of where they bought --- as long as they truly love the home, and can truly afford it without a financial burden. Even if it has a motorcourt.

(That last part hurt to say).[/quote]

Thanks CK, it hurts to read too. <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: --> Oh well, we will learn to live with it.

[quote author="mikeirvine"]Hi ajw522

Congrats on your new home purchase if you get one, I think we should be happy if one of the member got their dream home. (it a good thing for him and his family).

Let don't sound like sour grapes when someone brought a home that we don't think the prices is right for us.

I might get a home tomorrow at high prices but I might wait for years and get my good deal home .... counting my money under the apt bed and hope a double dip in the economy

I might pay full cash for a 800k home or I might buy a 500k home and get a Lamborghini and still have 100k for upgrades ......

I might be a FCB a NFB and my name is Jon, Marry, or Mike here.....

But once again I want to Congrats ajw522 and all the new home buyers this year ..... and let don't call people stupid as we are all grown up human that want to live in Irvine for the nice environment and nice people. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Mike, Jon or Marry <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[/quote]

Thanks Mike, Jon or Marry. I appreciate your kind words. But I do have something to say to Grace/BK: I'm sorry if my criteria is not good enough for you; however, I have purchased the home, and if I found that the home was a good fit to what my personal needs were, then so be it. You don't like the homes: so don't buy 'em. Yes, like fe9000 said, there are tradeoffs (i.e the motorcourt, having a small yard) but in the end, if the good outweighs the bad (i.e. you like the plan and want to buy soon) you end up buying. I'm sorry if the home that I bought is not approved by you. It is approved enough by me for me to purchase <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

And CK, I know, it also hurts for me to read it as well. But it is what it is. I guess us homebuyers will have to learn to live with it. *sigh* <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( -->

I can totally understand AJ's situation.

When we sold and became a renter... we thought it wasn't bad... but the multiple moves and the hassle with our landlord convinced us we could never be renters again.

I only have this advice... do NOT think your home will appreciate in the near future, don't be discouraged if you home drops in value either... if you can afford your monthly, if you plan to live in it for a while (possibly 10 or more years)... it will be okay.

[quote author="new2irvine"]

If a brand new home and living in a Hong Kong Density of 16,000/sq mi are your criteria then you found yourself a home.

I am not kidding Woodbury's 2800 homes + apts in one square mile has the same density as HK.[/quote]

Ha! I read this initially and thought NO WAY! But sadly, it's kind of true. I don't know how many apts there are in Woodbury but call it 800 so 3600 total households. Population density of HK is around 16k per square mile. If Woodbury were the same, that makes 4.4 members per household which is not that impossible given the 'renting out my living room situations' I've heard. Obviously, HK's population density takes into acct some of the new territories which is not that dense but the point is well taken. Also, certain square miles in HK are much more dense than 16k, but to be able to compare Woodbury to HK (one of the top 5 densest places in the world) is pretty unbelievable.[/quote]

Sorry, I made a typo mistake. There will be 4,270 homes in Woodbury not 2,800 as I posted earlier.

AJ,

I don't have much kind word to say because I rarely sugar coat anything,

You bought a glorified detached condo but paid a conventional lot price.

A brand new home is always attractive. Once it is used it will be hard to compete in resale among conventional homes. You will have to lower your price to attract the buyer for lacking the new home smell. This detached condo will always be priced below the conventional lot house in the resale market such as Portisol.

I will list the top 20 out of 101 reasons why I do not like entry off the alley.

1. Children get hit by cars when coming out from a blind spot. Injury can occur at any speed when cars pulling in to the motor court.

2. Bad feng shui to have entry door facing the sewer line buried below the motor court.

3. Directly across from the neighbor's front door is a feng shui taboo.

4. Neighbors home is smacked 26' from your front. Frontal privacy issues. Problem solved if you live across from IHO and your lot will be a premium lot.

5. 2-1/2 steps from the asphalt to the front door.

6. Crossing over a water gutter along your front door and garage is bad. Drainage of the entire motor court drain across your entry and garage. You have no sidewalk but have to leap over water.

7. You have to walk on motor court to get to your front door. You can't avoid stepping in grease and leaked motor oil.

8. Guests park along the street have to walk up a mud drainage stained asphalt path to find your front door.

9.Utility line below motor court is an easement. During any excavation for repair you will not be able to walk up to your front door and access your garage.

10. Due to tight dimension your neighbors will accidentally back the car into your front door.

11. Constantly dealing with headlights and red taillight glare to your front of your house.

12. Neighbors trash cans will be in front of your front door during trash day.

13. Noise from your neighbors opening the garage and noise from running the cars. Toxic emission pointing to your front door is very bad feng shui.

14. motor court gradient is 1% therefore water ponding will occur after sprinkler irrigation or rain. Mud stain is very unsightly outside your front door.

15.Asphalt driveway surface requires slurry coat every 18 months so be prepared to deal with black tar, smell and tracking it into your home.

16. Neighbor's car wash and water draining across your front door. Water reflected on the car will leave spots on your window.

17. Shoes will get piled up at the door stoop and be ready to accept the eye sore.

18. Seeing your neighbors mess in their garage when they open their garage or leaving it open for cross ventilation or kids playing.

19. Neighbors cars must swerve close to your front door in order to make the turning radius to get into their garage. Traffic engineer calculated 18 trips per day per home and that is 26,280 trips per year for a 4 pack. Chinese driving skill in conjunction with this type of statistic an accident will be likely. For a six pack there will be 40,000 car trips per yr and imagine your kids playing there. All it takes is just one accident out of of the 40,000 trips that will change your life forever.

19. Landscape maintenance must use their blower and all the dust on the motor court will end up on your window screen and leaved drop of dirt on your windows constantly.

20. The short front door path in feng shui symbolizes short career, short future and the lack of opportunities.

I have 81 more reasons but I will stop here.
So let me hear the good reasons or trade offs why the front door is so great 2.5 steps off the alley other than BagOChipO a detached condo to sell for more money.

Back